Interference's Favorite Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's a pansy, of that there is little doubt, and he's THIS close to getting throttled by Beav. But, still, he's shooting a Star Wars film on a $50 budget, and that earns him mad respect.

I would, as an aside, like to post another film list...not of my favorite movies ever, but...

Movies I Love But Know Are Terrible

1.Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure
2.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
3.Teenage Mutant Nina Turtles II: The Secret Of The Ooze
4.Can't Hardly Wait
5.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
6.Wayne's World II
7.Encino Man
8.Bill And Ted's Bogus Journey
9.Airheads
10.Scream
11.Super Mario Bros.

No spoken words said:

Alex went right back to the way he was, started dreaming of ultra-violence. Which, by the way, is NOT how the book ends.

Elevation2u, LMP is allowing edits, I think. He's benevolent like that.

Yes, as long as you let me know which list you want me to use. :up:

I'm going to watch Clockwork tomorrow. :up:

And the Darkness poster is awesome, elevated.

The 80's TMNT movies are so bad they're awesome. Especially the second one.

Unfortunatly the latest TMNT was so bad it was just baaaaaaaaaad. :sad:

No spoken words said:

Alex went right back to the way he was, started dreaming of ultra-violence. Which, by the way, is NOT how the book ends.

Elevation2u, LMP is allowing edits, I think. He's benevolent like that.

Dear Sir L.M.P.,
I write to you hoping that you will grant me the privilege to edit my top 25 list. See, me being a careless child managed to omit a very favorite movie of mine in my enthusiastic ways of typing such list. I am an avid fan of About A Boy, I have watched countlessly, it's almost embarrassing, actually it is. I know every single word, but I digress, naturally. Upon second inspection of my list, I came to my conclusion that it's a bit Jarmuschy, which allows me to omit Dead Man and put About A Boy in its place. I hope you understand, I have heard a slew of rumors that you are of a kind, gentle and forgiving spirits. In my pure innocence, I wish to believe them true.
Yours Truly,
E.2U

Lancemc said:
The 80's TMNT movies are so bad they're awesome. Especially the second one.

Unfortunatly the latest TMNT was so bad it was just baaaaaaaaaad. :sad:

The 2nd one was amazing. It has one of my favorite "that guy" actors, David Warner aka Chancellor Gorkon:

180px-Gorkon.jpg

elevation2u said:

Dear Sir L.M.P.,
I write to you hoping that you will grant me the privilege to edit my top 25 list. See, me being a careless child managed to omit a very favorite movie of mine in my enthusiastic ways of typing such list. I am an avid fan of About A Boy, I have watched countlessly, it's almost embarrassing, actually it is. I know every single word, but I digress, naturally. Upon second inspection of my list, I came to my conclusion that it's a bit Jarmuschy, which allows me to omit Dead Man and put About A Boy in its place. I hope you understand, I have heard a slew of rumors that you are of a kind, gentle and forgiving spirits. In my pure innocence, I wish to believe them true.
Yours Truly,
E.2U

You have flattered me, and for that, I shall grant you permission to edit your list. For I will do the same soon.

Sincerely,
LMP

Last edited:
David Warner pops up in one of my favorite movies, Time Bandits. He plays Evil. His best quote?

To one of his servants:

"Benson....sweet Benson....so mercifully free from the ravages of intelligence".

My favorite bad movie of all time is Dune, in a fucking landslide. That movie is a major mess, but, it mesmerizes me each time. Amazing book(s) turned into an insane film....so badly changed by the studio that David Lynch took his name off of it.

Too bad I'd rather watch namkcuR's entire Bad movies list all the way through than sit through Mullholland Drive just once.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure has Keanu's best role ever.

He was born to play Ted "Theodore" Logan.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Plus it has Kyle MacLachlan, so that's a fucking win. :up:

Been watching season 2 of Twin Peaks on DVD, almost done. There's another show that starts off strong...loses its way in the middle....but finishes well.

LMP if it wouldn't kill your soul, could you PLEASE replace Flatliners with the Labyrinth, if it's too late/too big of a deal, don't worry about it...it truly kills me taking about Flatliners

And I always say that about Keanu too...it's like it was his destiny to be in that movie or something (destiny...definitely been talking about star wars too much tonight

The second TMNT film is indeed amazing. The only problem is that it lacks Elias Koteas's Casey Jones, and Elias Koteas's Casey Jones = Fucking badass.

No spoken words said:

Been watching season 2 of Twin Peaks on DVD, almost done. There's another show that starts off strong...loses its way in the middle....but finishes well.

That's a show I need to rent.

I'm frightened to see the movie though, I heard it's as messed up as Blue Velvet.

:grumpy:

how do you rate his films?

mine:

Badlands
New World
Thin Red Line
Days of Heaven (I loove this but nobody else seems to :angry: )

(am i missing one? :uhoh: )

But truth is, he's in my top 5 of directors, everythign he's ever made that I've ever seen,
is pure cinematic gold, he says more in one single shot of landscape or whatever it may be, than most movies say in their entire dialogue

Speaking of Ted Logan, did any of you see A Scanner Darkly? Fucking Triple-A film right there. Keanu's best genuine performance to date as well.

It's pretty messed up.

LMP, the 2-hour Twin Peaks pilot is not rentable, I think...the rest of season 1 is....some issue with different companies owning the rights to the pilot and rest of season 1...but you can get the pilot in other ways....and you need to, if you're gonna watch the series, obviously....season 1 was short...season 2 loooong.

Lancemc said:
Speaking of Ted Logan, did any of you see A Scanner Darkly? Fucking Triple-A film right there. Keanu's best genuine performance to date as well.

That's one of the many films I've started watching, and just never got around to finishing, it's on my list of movies to rent, I think I'll rent that, In the Name of the Father, and Casablanca tomorrow (don't tell me how random of a list of movies that is, I already know)

Lancemc said:

I didn't like it that much, then again, I wasn't completely paying attention when I saw it.

Robert Downey Jr. is the best, I can't wait to see him as Tony Stark / Iron Man :up:

No spoken words said:
It's pretty messed up.

LMP, the 2-hour Twin Peaks pilot is not rentable, I think...the rest of season 1 is....some issue with different companies owning the rights to the pilot and rest of season 1...but you can get the pilot in other ways....and you need to, if you're gonna watch the series, obviously....season 1 was short...season 2 loooong.

I'll torrent the pilot then, thanks for the heads up.

elevation2u said:
:grumpy:

how do you rate his films?

mine:

Badlands
New World
Thin Red Line
Days of Heaven (I loove this but nobody else seems to :angry: )

(am i missing one? :uhoh: )

But truth is, he's in my top 5 of directors, everythign he's ever made that I've ever seen,
is pure cinematic gold, he says more in one single shot of landscape or whatever it may be, than most movies say in their entire dialogue

His eye and love of nature is astounding. A lot of people dislike his films cos they are "slow", and I don't know what to say to those people.

My rankings are:

Days of Heaven (I love it more)
Badlands
Thin Red Line
New World

He directed one other film in like 1970 or 69....he's written a few others as well.....has a new one coming out next year, looking forward to it.

RDJR is the best. I always liked him a lot, even on Alley McBeal, but it went to a whole new level this year when I saw a big batch of his films (Zodiac, A Scanner Darkly, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, among others). I then realized he's easily one of my favorite working actors. :up:

Back
Top Bottom