Interference Random Music Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have been here from 2003-2005, the amount of talk about that them was incredible (I'll admit, I contributed quite a bit to those discussions...).

It's kinda to the point where if I see it mentioned now, I almost think, "Pfft, why even mention it, it should be understood that essentially all mankind loves the album?"

:wink:

Anyone listen to the Conor Oberst solo record yet? There are some crackers on it.

The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society is a record I have to play every summer at least once. Doing that right now. It's the absolute shit, even after dozens of plays. The title track, Picture Book, Johnny Thunder, Animal Farm...it's perfect. I only wish that my copy had Days on it. :grumpy:

To respond to the last 3 posts by my friends Impy, LM, and Cori...

One of my friends tried to get me into Mr. Bright Eyes a while ago and it just didn't seem to click. I might have to try again.

That Kinks albums kicks ass.

And I've never heard of Shelby Lynne. Who is she? I have a fondness for the female music makers so color me interested.

As for my randomness...I have recently rediscovered two singer/songwriters that my Mom used to make me listen to.

Jim Croce and Cat Stevens.

They are both really great, and I realize that my Mom was right all along.

And I've never heard of Shelby Lynne. Who is she? I have a fondness for the female music makers so color me interested.

She's a bluesy/country/rock(ish) artist with a really great voice. Her sister is also a singer/songwriter in the same vein (Allison Moorer).

Shelby's first album "I Am Shelby Lynne" is very Dusty-In-Memphis-esque and is fantastic. Her latest album is in fact an album of Dusty Springfield covers, but more reimaginings rather than straight covers. It's really terrific, very gentle compared to her other albums.

Her other albums have been more blues-based and I don't like them as much, but I admire the heck out of her.

Also, as a bit of trivia, she played Johnny Cash's mom in Walk the Line. :)

One of my friends tried to get me into Mr. Bright Eyes a while ago and it just didn't seem to click. I might have to try again.

'Lifted (Or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear To The Ground)' is the album to check out. It's got a number of stellar songs, such as:

Bowl of Oranges
Nothing Gets Crossed Out
Waste of Paint
Lover I Don't Have to Love
From a Balance Beam
Method Acting
You Will
etc

I think that album is amazing, but I've never been as passionate about any of his other work, though it's always enjoyable enough.

'Lifted (Or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear To The Ground)' is the album to check out. It's got a number of stellar songs, such as:

Bowl of Oranges
Nothing Gets Crossed Out
Waste of Paint
Lover I Don't Have to Love
From a Balance Beam
Method Acting
You Will
etc

I think that album is amazing, but I've never been as passionate about any of his other work, though it's always enjoyable enough.

Will do. I've only heard Bright Eyes songs via Desert Island.

Duh! Didn't you know that the start of Anyone Can Play Guitar is like totally the same as the start of Bullet the Blue Sky?

Radiohead are like totally rippping off U2!

:wink:

Is that not one of the laziest music "articles" you've ever read? I think the vast majority of posters here in Bang and Clatter would have come up with a better article and at least have given examples or some sort of argument with a little substance. Weak sauce, Yahoo.

I'm saying the album as a whole. And I'm not a big Black Dog fan.

I'd rank the tracks:

1. When the Levee Breaks
2. Stairway to Heaven
3. Four Sticks
4. Rock and Roll
5. Going to California
6. Black Dog
7. Misty Mountain Hop
8. The Battle of Evermore

Levee is pretty amazing. You could get most people to agree with that statement.

What would you give the album, from 1 to 10?

Probably between a 7 and an 8. Which is where all of the first four Led Zeppelin albums fall for me.

I'm now going to listen to Rubber Soul.

It's a great album, fo' sho'... hope you enjoy.

IV is my favorite Zeppelin album, but I'm a relative n00b to their work. That being said, Levee, Stairway, Black Dog, Misty Mountain Hop, and Going to California kick my ass 6 ways to Sunday.

1. HOTH
2. IV
3. II
4. III
5. I

My Zep top 5. Every album after the first 5 is weaker, but I do enjoy a little from everything after that.

I'd say I rank the first four, if a gun is to my head:

1. I
2. IV
3. III
4. II

Really, though, the first three are equal for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom