Interference Random Music Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
killme.gif

:wink: :wave:

Elfa's Neds thread prompted me to search other obscure 90s videos on youtube! :shifty: like the B52s Revolution Earth from their lesser known 1992 album. I love that song and video! :drool: And who remembers the Soup Dragons? I looked for their hit from 1992 (again) called Pleasure. It's almost a guilty pleasure, that song! :lol:

I had no idea Okkervil River were originally from New Hampshire.

To be fair, they're only "from" there on paper. Only Will and the drummer were high school friends and used the same "band" name then in NH, but never released anything. The actual group who made all the music we've heard was formed and is from Austin. It's like calling U2 an English band because of Adam.

And I want a MC 900 ft. Jesus thread.

god damn, the lead singer is sooo-ooo ugly...

How ugly is he?

He's so ugly he looks like he fell out of the ugly tree and hit all the branches on the way down.

Ha ha ...I had to go to Jr High and High school with those guys.

Yeah Utah sucks music wise...but hey on the bright side at least U2 comes through town on every tour now.:up:

I watched the coolest thing on DVD last night. All You Need Is Love, a British documentary from the '70s on the history of the gamut of modern popular music.

The introduction alone was fascinating, and got me all a-twitter to watch the rest of it. It looks as if it's going to be fairly American centric, with jazz/country/blues, but considering the influence those forms had on rock, it shouldn't be a bad thing.

But it's going to look at everything from Tin Pan Alley, ragtime, musicals, country, you name it and claims to look at how the various forms influenced each other.

It just came out a few months ago:

Amazon.com: All You Need Is Love: Various Artists: Movies & TV

Ha ha ...I had to go to Jr High and High school with those guys.

Yeah Utah sucks music wise...but hey on the bright side at least U2 comes through town on every tour now.:up:

Ohhhhhh, that's pretty funny. I had Osmond kids living in the apt. under me through college, so the circle is complete!

Yeah, it is nice that U2 at least comes through now, but if I have to hear Bono talk about how great Orin Hatch is again.....

I watched the coolest thing on DVD last night. All You Need Is Love, a British documentary from the '70s on the history of the gamut of modern popular music.

The introduction alone was fascinating, and got me all a-twitter to watch the rest of it. It looks as if it's going to be fairly American centric, with jazz/country/blues, but considering the influence those forms had on rock, it shouldn't be a bad thing.

But it's going to look at everything from Tin Pan Alley, ragtime, musicals, country, you name it and claims to look at how the various forms influenced each other.

It just came out a few months ago:

Amazon.com: All You Need Is Love: Various Artists: Movies & TV

$100?!

Wow. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see it at some point. :COUGHtorrentsCOUGH.:

To be fair, they're only "from" there on paper. Only Will and the drummer were high school friends and used the same "band" name then in NH, but never released anything. The actual group who made all the music we've heard was formed and is from Austin. It's like calling U2 an English band because of Adam.

Ah, ok.

Well, don't worry. I'll continue to talk about their awesomeness (or lack thereof) nad you can live vicariously through me. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom