interesting little eye test....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
just do it - but don't cheat!!!!!!!!!!!!

count the number of F's in the following 4 lines of text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE
RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC
STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF YEARS

scroll down only after you have counted them!

OK?

how many?

three?

wrong! there are six - no joke!

read again!

FINISHED FILES ARE THE
RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC
STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF YEARS

the reasoning is the brain cannot process the word "OF".

anyone who counts all six F's on the first go is a genius.
three is normal.

i got 3 when i first did it too :|
now those "OFs" stand out at me like they're taunting me.

Last edited:
I would normally call myself a genius (you all know that).

But, all I did was follow the instructions: COUNT THE NUMBER OF F's IN THE TEXT. Meaning, I did not read the text. Not that hard if you know how to count and just read the directions.

:shrug:

lol....

I found them all...but I have heard of this before. I took a speed reading course years ago and that is how you increased your WPM, by dropping unneccesary conjunctions and overreading words etc.

I also read where they transposed letters inside words keeping the first and last letters in their proper placement and almost everyone could still read it.

like this:
I aslo raed wehre tehy trasnposed letetrs inisde wrods keeiping the frist and lsat lettres in thier porper plcaemnet and alomst evreyone cuold stlil raed it.

Re: lol....

therulz said:
I found them all...but I have heard of this before. I took a speed reading course years ago and that is how you increased your WPM, by dropping unneccesary conjunctions and overreading words etc.

I also read where they transposed letters inside words keeping the first and last letters in their proper placement and almost everyone could still read it.

like this:
I aslo raed wehre tehy trasnposed letetrs inisde wrods keeiping the frist and lsat lettres in thier porper plcaemnet and alomst evreyone cuold stlil raed it.
I found them all too because I've seen it before...I got stumped the first time.

That's how I type normally...if I didn't read over what I wrote it would be a mess! :laugh:

zoner, if I didnt know any better Id swear that was said with sarcasm...

...I didnt read the text..I counted..5..the middle line I only counted 1 of the "of" f's.....

so according to you Im no genius....nor can I follow directions...pfft...:|

Re: Re: lol....

Schmeg said:

I found them all too because I've seen it before...I got stumped the first time.

That's how I type normally...if I didn't read over what I wrote it would be a mess! :laugh:

Schmeg cute avatar!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah and I got 6. but i'd done that before. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom