Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #511
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
See it! It was hysterical, heart-warming and thought-provoking...all at the same time.
That sounds too good to be true. THat sounds like Nemo/Monsters Pixar. Not Cars/Rat. Pixar....

I have a real hang up about cartoons SPECIFICALLY Pixar.....and in about 20-30 more minutes I might go off on some half-cocked rant if we're not careful

Old 07-19-2008, 10:56 PM   #512
Blue Crack Distributor

I love "Mother"

Old 07-19-2008, 11:00 PM   #513
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:43 PM
Hey folks.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 11:01 PM   #514
Blue Crack Distributor

Ax, Animals gets 1/2 our of 5. Not being a huge PF fan...I think that's not too bad. Iespecialy liked the opening and closing tracks a LOT.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:01 PM   #515
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:43 PM
Quote:
See it! It was hysterical, heart-warming and thought-provoking...all at the same time.
okay
Old 07-19-2008, 11:02 PM   #516
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
oh I've seen it.

Which reminds me of something funny. So my mom is like really straight laced. But sometimes she'll impart some random bit of information that is so hout of character for her. Such as the fact that apparently she has a wicked insane crush on Jack Nicholson. Well yesterday she tells me the first time she saw the wall (and mind you, she was completely cold sober when she saw it) she completely and utterly understood everything that was going on. NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THAT

But The Wall is one of my all-time favorite albums GG. I grew up listening to it, so that's a big piece of why, it's very special to me, and when I finally purchased it last year, and heard it for the first time in nearly 10 years, It was one of the greatest musical experiences of my life.

I'm tempted to watch the movie after another glass of "Pepsi"
Wonderful.

I also grew up with The Wall. My dad's a big Pink Floyd nut (he always tells me about how he skipped uni classes to buy The Final Cut on its first day of release) so it's all I ever heard when I was a kid. I definitely think it's overrated, though. Great album, yes, but their best?

Anyway, yeah, NO ONE should be able to understand the movie when they first see it. It took me repeated viewings and a detailed understanding of Roger Waters' childhood to fully appreciate it. Your mother must be a special case.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:02 PM   #517
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Hey folks.
about time!
Old 07-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #518
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I have a real hang up about cartoons SPECIFICALLY Pixar.....and in about 20-30 more minutes I might go off on some half-cocked rant if we're not careful
I'd love to hear your rant, half-cocked or no. I used to be all over the latest Disney/Pixar releases and loved them. I don't know what happened since then, but the last few years I almost feel annoyed about them.

Maybe my tastes just changed, but there's something about them that bug me. Maybe it's me being weird because everyone and their brother tells me it's great and I need to see it, but I just don't want to. I dunno.

I'm weird.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #519
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Wonderful.

I also grew up with The Wall. My dad's a big Pink Floyd nut (he always tells me about how he skipped uni classes to buy The Final Cut on its first day of release) so it's all I ever heard when I was a kid. I definitely think it's overrated, though. Great album, yes, but their best?

Anyway, yeah, NO ONE should be able to understand the movie when they first see it. It took me repeated viewings and a detailed understanding of Roger Waters' childhood to fully appreciate it. Your mother must be a special case.
Putting my childhood into perspective, the music that makes me all warm and fuzzy cause I listened to it with my dad?: The Wall, anything Black Sabbath, and Gordon Ligthfoot <?

I have no problem saying The Wall's the best thing I've ever heard from PF and I KNOW that's because I haven't heard much elese

And I will DEFINITELY tell my mom you said that she'll have a good Lawl over that one.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #520
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:43 AM
Quote:
That sounds too good to be true. THat sounds like Nemo/Monsters Pixar. Not Cars/Rat. Pixar....

Believe me, it's fantastic. You feel for those damn robots! The second half of the movie does experience a bit of a dip in quality, but the first half more than makes up for it.

Cars was awful. Wall-E is on an entirely different dimension.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #521
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I'd love to hear your rant, half-cocked or no. I used to be all over the latest Disney/Pixar releases and loved them. I don't know what happened since then, but the last few years I almost feel annoyed about them.

Maybe my tastes just changed, but there's something about them that bug me. Maybe it's me being weird because everyone and their brother tells me it's great and I need to see it, but I just don't want to. I dunno.

I'm weird.
Do you want the rant NOW or after another glass? It's all ready to go, I've given it A BILLION times. I'm just tempted to mix things up a litte
Old 07-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #522
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ax, Animals gets 1/2 our of 5. Not being a huge PF fan...I think that's not too bad. Iespecialy liked the opening and closing tracks a LOT.
Ah, well, that's cool. Also, in my tiredness, I initially read one of your sentences as "not being a huge PFan".

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #523
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Believe me, it's fantastic. You feel for those damn robots! The second half of the movie does experience a bit of a dip in quality, but the first half more than makes up for it.

Cars was awful. Wall-E is on an entirely different dimension.
You have no idea how happy you just made me. I'm taking my brother tomorrow night now.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #524
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Ah, well, that's cool. Also, in my tiredness, I initially read one of your sentences as "not being a huge PFan".
That's true too though
Old 07-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #525
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
about time!

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread