Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #346
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:57 AM
Sorry to hear about that, GG.

I took some pills beforehand, then got an IV. After that, I remember getting out of the chair, being in the car, and then being in bed and having my mom change out the gauze pads and stuff. I'm having a hard time chewing... hopefully I can have some ravioli tonight.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:54 PM   #347
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Guys, I've drank over a bottle of wine. I just walked in a perfect straight line. Goddamnit, how fucking hard can it be to get drunk?

It seems I get a bit more wasted on port than I do on red wine too. Understandable, though, since the port of a fortnight ago was about 18% alcohol while tonight's pinot noir is 12.5% and the pinot gris of my first two glasses was 13.5%.
How is that possible? I get completely smashed on as little as three glasses of wine. Mind you, I hardly ever drink.

KWV.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:56 PM   #348
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:57 AM
I've had two tooth surgeries: one to get my four baby canines out, and one to get a dead molar removed and replaced with a fake tooth. Both went fairly smoothly, though.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:56 PM   #349
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

One weird side effect of the drugs I'm taking is that it changes my hearing. It's like I'm hearing songs a full octave lower or something.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #350
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
How is that possible? I get completely smashed on as little as three glasses of wine. Mind you, I hardly ever drink.

KWV.
I do have to focus a little when I walk. And I think if you were to talk to me, I'd be over-enthusiastic and laugh more than normal. But I really don't feel that drunk. I'm halfway through my ninth glass right now. I suppose this is where growing up on wine gets me. It's all my father's fault; he took me to wine and food festivals before I was even eight and taught me to tell the difference between different wine varieties! So I guess I built up a good tolerance.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #351
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Sorry to hear about that, GG.

I took some pills beforehand, then got an IV. After that, I remember getting out of the chair, being in the car, and then being in bed and having my mom change out the gauze pads and stuff. I'm having a hard time chewing... hopefully I can have some ravioli tonight.
It'll get easier to chew as you get used to it. I could manage soft noodles after five days, if I remember correctly.

Have fun flushing out the holes once you've healed up a bit. A word of advice, though; make sure the water is at least lukewarm, or the pain will be enough to kill you.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #352
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
It'll get easier to chew as you get used to it. I could manage soft noodles after five days, if I remember correctly.

Have fun flushing out the holes once you've healed up a bit. A word of advice, though; make sure the water is at least lukewarm, or the pain will be enough to kill you.
Ah thanks. I have this little plastic syringe thing I need to use to clean them out. Would it be better if it was salt water?
Old 07-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #353
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:57 AM
The only thing I don't like about my teeth is that, despite almost three years in braces, they're not straight. My teeth on the front upper right side stick out, and it pisses me off. It makes the whole front of my teeth look much too wide.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #354
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Ah thanks. I have this little plastic syringe thing I need to use to clean them out. Would it be better if it was salt water?
My pleasure. Yes, go with warm salt water in the initial stages. You'll need to use a fair bit of pressure on the syringe to get all the food out. It hurts like hell when you first start doing it, but you really don't want to leave anything in there.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #355
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
My pleasure. Yes, go with warm salt water in the initial stages. You'll need to use a fair bit of pressure on the syringe to get all the food out. It hurts like hell when you first start doing it, but you really don't want to leave anything in there.
Maybe I could store future snacks in there?

Old 07-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #356
The Male

Local Time: 10:57 PM
Hey, LMP. Slightly disappointed to see you aren't completely out of your mind on the meds.

And yes, I fully recommend using salt water on the areas that could potentially become infected.

Now.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:11 PM   #357
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Hey, LMP. Slightly disappointed to see you aren't completely out of your mind on the meds.

And yes, I fully recommend using salt water on the areas that could potentially become infected.
Hey, man. Oh, I slept through all of that yesterday... but was a bit loopy in the car ride back, apparently.

Still not 100%, but it's okay.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #358
The Male

Local Time: 10:57 PM
Quote:
Hey, man. Oh, I slept through all of that yesterday... but was a bit loopy in the car ride back, apparently.

Still not 100%, but it's okay.
I'm entirely grateful that my wisdom teeth haven't shown up yet.

My teeth are already terrible enough. They're very similar to Bowie's circa 1969.

Now.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #359
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I'm entirely grateful that my wisdom teeth haven't shown up yet.
You'd better hope and pray that those little fuckers don't come in sideways. I had one horizontal impaction, and it was the worst. The other three were okay.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #360
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Nine glasses down, folks.

I should go to sleep.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread