Inspector Milo Perrier says TOUCH NOTHING in randooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool!! :applaud:

Hi, my name is Meg and today I am a computer technician...

I have downloaded like EVERY anti-sypware thing I can find looking for something I don't have to pay for. :cheap: Windows actually has one that's running diagnostics as we speak!

kellyahern said:
Do you think you might have a virus? :(

That happened to my father's computer - we ran every spyware program we had, but he wound up having to take it to the shop because stuff still kept popping up.
I think I have like 15 viruses! :happy: I am NOT kidding about this!!

I think Windows Defender is working some magic here (knock on wood)...no pop-ups since I restarted a few minutes ago...Last night we unplugged the modem and pop-ups were STILL trying to attack us! :crazy:

I have done a lot of whining about this over the last two days but I have a lot of time on my hands lately. :whistle:

Schmeg said:

Strangely enough, I just had a phone interview for a similar position but the lady talked too fast and I don't know who she said she was or where she was from! :lol: I tried to get her to repeat herself but she didn't understand my question and fired away with her own. So I have an interview with some mystery company on June 15. :crazy:

So if you didnt catch where she was from do you know where to go for the interview?

Kariann said:
Anderson is on Oprah! I only watch Oprah when I see something or someone on that interests me. I find Anderson interesting so I am taking a break from something else to watch.

I ordered his book, looking forward to reading it

I will watch Oprah :yes:

Kariann said:

So if you didnt catch where she was from do you know where to go for the interview?
:yes: Fortunately she gave me an address so earlier when I was being attacked by technology I went and found it, so now I know where to go AND who called!

Thing is...I filled out their application two weeks ago. They called me TODAY for an interview on JUNE 15th. :huh: By then I will have had (at LEAST) three other interviews and one job offer (depending on how something goes tomorrow morning and if Homewood Suites liked me...could be three there too, but I'm probably gonna tell HS no thanks). They're not exactly hurting for people there, I guess.

kellyahern said:
missed it :grumpy:
Me too...we have a super-cool flat-screen tv stand ornament right now. :lol: What I miss most about tv is falling asleep watching it.

Schmeg said:
Cool!! :applaud:

Hi, my name is Meg and today I am a computer technician...

I have downloaded like EVERY anti-sypware thing I can find looking for something I don't have to pay for. :cheap: Windows actually has one that's running diagnostics as we speak!

Mr fah recommends:

Ad-Aware www.lavasoft.com
Spybot search and destroy
Micorsoft has a free one called defender that is available on the microsoft site

fah said:

Mr fah recommends:

Ad-Aware www.lavasoft.com
Spybot search and destroy
Micorsoft has a free one called defender that is available on the microsoft site
:drool: Defender :drool:

That one solved my problems. :up:

My brother recommended Search and Destroy but I couldn't find a post-2005 version of it. Ad-aware kept crashing Windows, but that might have been all the little spywares infecting my toolbar.

My mother was just in tears because of her back pain :(. I think it's more of the frustration than the pain, but still, my mom almost never cries :sad:.

She finally has an appointment with an orthopedic doctor on Thursday, and if he doesn't order an MRI I will personally go to his office and slap him silly :mad: . This has been going on for two weeks.

kellyahern said:
My mother was just in tears because of her back pain :(. I think it's more of the frustration than the pain, but still, my mom almost never cries :sad:.

She finally has an appointment with an orthopedic doctor on Thursday, and if he doesn't order an MRI I will personally go to his office and slap him silly :mad: . This has been going on for two weeks.

:(

So this is the first time seeing the Dr? I would think that he would want to do a very thorough exam that would include a MRI

Headache better, arw? hope so..........

kellyahern said:

I would think they should do an MRI...seems like they send my mom for them at the drop of a hat.

I missed Bono on NBC news :scream: I thought about it all day and then what do I do? Forget..............:mad:
There is a little more coming later in the newscast

shari schultz said:

:(

So this is the first time seeing the Dr? I would think that he would want to do a very thorough exam that would include a MRI

Well, she went to the walk in clinic and the ER the week before last, and last week went to her doctor who finally ordered x-rays. She couldn't get an appointment with an orthopedic doctor until this Thursday :huh:.

I'm still amazed the ER didn't do an MRI or x-ray :banghead:. They did an ultrasound (I think) to make sure she didn't have kidney stones or an aneurysm (sp?), and they did blood tests.

kellyahern said:

Well, she went to the walk in clinic and the ER the week before last, and last week went to her doctor who finally ordered x-rays. She couldn't get an appointment with an orthopedic doctor until this Thursday :huh:.

I'm still amazed the ER didn't do an MRI or x-ray :banghead:. They did an ultrasound (I think) to make sure she didn't have kidney stones or an aneurysm (sp?), and they did blood tests.
I would have thought that with a back injury AT LEAST an X-ray would be taken in the ER.

I know from my experience that trying to get an appointment with an orthopedist is difficult. I came back from Hawaii (4/12) and saw the urgent care Dr(4/13) who referred me to an orthopedist.......I couldn't get in until May 1. *frustrating*
I had to call urgent care Dr. back and tell him this. HE then called another orthopedist (this orthopedist was his professor and he worked in Dr. Butlers office as an intern~convenient) and got me in 2 days later.........I still cannot believe how busy this office is :shocked:

Thanks for the heads up about Bono online later :)

Got another job offer today! I am on FIRE!!!

This one has a MUCH longer commute, but pays more, and I was just reminded has a very obscure U2 connection.

:hmm:

Schmeg said:
Got another job offer today! I am on FIRE!!!

This one has a MUCH longer commute, but pays more, and I was just reminded has a very obscure U2 connection.

:hmm:

:up:

very obscure U2 connection? :hmm:

kellyahern said:

I just started listening to the Minneapolis U2 show boot from the fall and I thought of you guys :lol:.

Some of you did go to that show right? I'm bad with geography :reject:.

:yes: my hometown! The show was 15 minutes away from where I live :D Met Bono, Edge, and Adam that day. :love:

Out of all my 11 shows....that show was my least favorite :sad: We had to all sit alone and I had the worst seat ever :( I bought my mom a ticket to go and she had to sit alone too! :der:

Back
Top Bottom