In the words of Kramer: "I'M OUT." - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2005, 07:03 PM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 06:54 PM
Re: In the words of Kramer: "I'M OUT."

Quote:
Originally posted by blahblahblah
I'm leaving Interference, I've really just had enough of it really...some people can be likeable at times but a majority of the time this place just gets on my nerves...

I'm tired of being at such a restrictive forum that makes you PAY if you want to read profiles! perform the most basic of searches! view attachments and loads more you get for FREE on ANY other forum it's insane...I don't care how big the forum is, there are MUCH better things you could think of for making us pay for a 'membership'...I'm a member of quite a few forums that are twice the size of interference and don't charge a penny, so the whole size issue is bullshit.

And I know some Mod will just come in here and say 'No-one's making you pay. Don't want to pay? Then DON'T...blah blah blah,' (no pun) and that brings me to another point...mods here are FAR too defensive whenever you question something to do with the forum...and ride around the forum on a self-righteous high horse closing threads as they see fit when they've had the last word, damning any right of reply, and basically being blunt with people asking perfectly reasonable questions and acting as if we should all know better...!

I hope you all have a nice time, but I think I need to carry on posting somewhere where opinions are heard and respected rather than wasting time I could be spending there, here...I do hope the forum cleans up it's act, introduces things WORTH paying for and admits what a crock of horse-shit that whole Edge incident was...I can't believe people would abuse the trust of U2's fans like that...

don't worry, I shan't be checking back for replies so perhaps a mod would like to come in, say how silly I am for questioning the forum and close the topic. :Wink:

Bye

Ps. If Jick isn't already back on the forums under another name (do an IP check, I guess) BRING HIM BACK. Seriously, people like him and StarvinMarvin are what made this forum interesting. I like people who can see the bad points and be honest about things instead of constantly gushing...
Who gives a shit?
Have a nice life tho.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:07 PM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

And this is the only place where I can share my passion for U2 with others who feel the same.
Amen.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:41 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:54 AM
I don't pay shit and still have a good time here; who gives a shit if I can't view a picture of someone's halloween costume from last year?

I do think some mod's have an attitude though

...(not sicy )
Old 08-01-2005, 07:43 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

btw, in response to the original post, does that mean you jacked off before declaring your agenda?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:01 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO
btw, in response to the original post, does that mean you jacked off before declaring your agenda?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:04 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
I like people who can see the bad points and be honest about things instead of constantly gushing...
That's the majority of the people here, actually. Not like there's just two of them.

No one cares that you're leaving, this didn't deserve your own thread. If you had just stopped posting, no one would have noticed. What have you done that's so great?

Don't like it here? Then it's a good thing you left, otherwise I'd tell you to get your arse out.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:09 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:54 PM

I was JUST about to start a blahblahblah appreciation thread too.

Can we delete his smiley now?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:11 PM   #53
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
No one cares that you're leaving, this didn't deserve your own thread. If you had just stopped posting, no one would have noticed.
I care that he's leaving and I would've noticed if he'd stop posting. Some of you in this thread need to stop making such rude comments - some of which are rather hypocritical.

I personally don't like threads where someone declares their intention to leave, as they're usually just attention-seeking, and I also don't like it when people grovel for that person to return, but what's worst of all is when the thread turns into a rude, offensive "glad you're gone" thread that just proves the original poster's point.

And regarding the sense of community, I was here for over a year and had something like 3000-4000 posts before I really felt welcomed and considered people here to be friends. Maybe the size of the forum was a bit daunting for me.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2005, 08:14 PM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I care that he's leaving and I would've noticed if he'd stop posting. Some of you in this thread need to stop making such rude comments - some of which are rather hypocritical.

I personally don't like threads where someone declares their intention to leave, as they're usually just attention-seeking, and I also don't like it when people grovel for that person to return, but what's worst of all is when the thread turns into a rude, offensive "glad you're gone" thread that just proves the original poster's point.
Excellent post! Agree 100%.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:15 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

let's be honest; there are clicks here just like in high school.

the funny thing is that you're not judged on your looks or popularity but rather on how well you type in a response on a computer.

umm.....so yeah, when ya gotta go ya gotta go.

bon voyagee.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:19 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I also don't like it when people grovel for that person to return, but what's worst of all is when the thread turns into a rude, offensive "glad you're gone" thread that just proves the original poster's point.

Uh...but this is EXACTLY what blahblahblah wanted:

Quote:
Originally posted by blahblahblah
I like people who can see the bad points and be honest about things instead of constantly gushing...
Old 08-01-2005, 08:23 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:54 PM
Wasn't he just complaining about changing his name? Perhaps he'll be back with a new name.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:25 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mullen4Prez
Unzips zipper and pisses on interference. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2005, 08:27 PM   #59
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
Wasn't he just complaining about changing his name? Perhaps he'll be back with a new name.
I'm suuuurre he'll be back!!! No one leaves. No one can ever leave.

You can check out but you can never leave!

You can never leave!
Old 08-01-2005, 08:30 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

You can never leave!