I'm going to Chicago....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monkey79

Acrobat
I'm going in December before Christmas & I've never been. Anyone have any "must sees" for a tourist?

DO I??? You have GOT to see the Field Museum, it's the museum of Natural History. It'll knock you socks off. Be sure to hit up the Art Institute, eat Giordano's stuffed spinach pizza, go down to the magnificent mile. Avoid Navy Peer at all costs!

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

The Field Museum, the Art Institute and the Magnificent Mile are must sees. You should also go to the Shedd Aquarium, which is right near the Field Museum. It's amazing.

And since you're coming here around Christmas, you should definitely go shopping on State Street. All the shops (especially Marshall Fields) put up beautiful decorations and it's just a very "Christmas-ey" atmosphere.

Oh, and if you want stuffed spinach pizza, go to Gino's East. It's the best, although Giordano's is quite good as well.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

there's a great van gogh/gaugin exhibit right now at the art institute that i would highly recommend. and i think there's a cleopatra exhibit at the field museum. i haven't checked it out yet, but i'm sure it's cool. and you definitely can't beating shopping on michigan avenue.

Stuffed spinach pizza is a must-have if you're in the Chicago area. Also, if you do go to Marshall Field's you should check out (or eat in) the Walnut Room- around the holidays they decorate it very nicely. Last year's theme was Harry Potter!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom