If you could be...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
any member of any current band, who would you be?

id probably pick matt bellamy as he is a triple threat. a great guitarist, pianist, and vocalist. plus muse has a ton of great songs to rock out to every night in concert.

your turn.

Ed O'Brien.

Just because he's cool.

Full Name: Edward John O'Brien
Date Of Birth: April 15th 1968
Instrument(s): Guitar, percussion, backing vocals
Education: Abingdon Boys School, Manchester University (studied economics)
Previous Jobs: Barman, Photographer's assistant
Key Words: Tall, dark, handsome, riffs, spliffs
Music:
Past influences - Beatles, Dinosaur Jr, Joy Division, Happy Mondays, Smiths, NWA
Current faves - Mansun, ROC, The Verve, Moloko
Favourite Movies/TV/Books: "Delicatessen", Timebends", "Paris, Texas"
Dislikes: Sycophants
Influences: Glenn Campbell
Other: Ed's dad is well-known as a keen follower of the band's fortunes and pop in general. "His dad will come in waving the music papers and want to discuss the new Primal Scream single," said Colin. Ed has now moved into his own place.
Instruments: Guitar, Backing Vocals.

Ed, if you got techinical about it, is the backing guitar and backing vocalist of the band. This might make his position insignificant to the outcome of a song. Not so. Ed is the reason that Radiohead's songs are so good, and so layered. A very talented guitarist, because of him, Jonny is freed up to play the more radical parts to songs, without having to concentrate on keeping the backing rhythm going. The result is that a series of guitars make contrastings sounds. This adds immense wear and depth to the track, as well as giving a unique and amazing sound. Good examples of the two guitars of Jonny and Ed working together are featured in songs such as Sulk, Street Spirit [Fade Out], Yes I Am, Maquiladora and Just. Sometimes, when Jonny is doing something other than guitar, Ed will take the lead guitar, and Thom will fill in on rhythm guitar. In the new albums, as electronica is becoming more dominant, any guitar you do hear is likely to be Ed. The end of Big Ideas [Don't Get Any] is a particular favourite Ed solo of mine. Ed makes Radiohead the great band that they are. Without him, they couldn't create the depth to their music that they do.

Ed smokes, is in a long term relationship with his girlfriend, is very tall and well known as the 'looker' of the band.

Last edited:
I'd be Matt Bellamy if only because that would allow me to sing the hell out of "Time Is Running Out."

Screw their other songs. I just need that one.

Chizip said:
id probably pick matt bellamy as he is a triple threat. a great guitarist, pianist, and vocalist. plus muse has a ton of great songs to rock out to every night in concert.
Yeeees. Same choice for me. What I'd give to play Stockholm Syndrome... :drool:

If I had to pick someone else I'd chose Nick Urata because the man can play anything; theremin, guitar, bouzouki, piano, and trumpet. Oh, and he's the best whistler ever. Where is gottage to back me up on this :love:

Matt Bellamy is up there for me too, but i would most definitely want to be:

Noel Gallagher, the guy's a genius. period.

27.jpg

Notable mentions: Flea, Ben Gibbard, Thom Yorke, and my boy Sufjan Stevens

oasis are holding noel back , he would be a great solo artist.

vaz02 said:
oasis are holding noel back , he would be a great solo artist.

his solo work would be like Thom Yorke's solo work.

Great work, but there's some element missing, and I think it's the lack of the band.

Ryan Adams...

To be that cool, to have the likes of Elton John, Willie Nelson, Phil Lesh, Bono, Emmy Lou Harris, etc cover your songs, play with you, or just sing your praises.

Queen Bee said:
If I had to pick someone else I'd chose Nick Urata because the man can play anything; theremin, guitar, bouzouki, piano, and trumpet. Oh, and he's the best whistler ever. Where is gottage to back me up on this :love:

devotchka204.jpg

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Can I be Bono?

I'd be Britney and join interference to flip you all the bird and say "suck it sideways, punks, I'm richer than you peons can ever dream of being."
:happy:

No, really, I'd be um...I want to say Annie Lennox even though she's not current.

I'd like to be Kim Deal or Eddie Vedder. I've always secretly wanted to be able to scream like Frank Black, but I don't think I'd want to be him.

probably Neko Case or Leslie Feist

both are great singers and beautiful girls

Ebbot Lundburg, lead singer of The Soundtrack of Our Lives.
I've always wanted to know what it feels like to be a big guy in a kaftan. :hyper:

Damien Rice, probably.

The music I (try to) write is stuff I can see him performing, and I think I would like more playing to smaller crowds of rabid diehards than stadiums full of people who know only a handful of songs.

Mike Mills

because he gets to be near to the genius that is Michael Stipe

it must be more fun + easier being close to a genius than being one

Peter Buck - cos he just gets to play geetar a lot with whoever he likes, and for his maaaassssssssiiiiiivvvvvveee record collection :drool:

Any of the Strokes. 5 of the coolest men on the planet, in a great band and they live in New York. Couldn't ask for much more :drool:

1stepcloser said:
Any of the Strokes. 5 of the coolest men on the planet, in a great band and they live in New York. Couldn't ask for much more :drool:

new york is so last year , manchester's the place

Back
Top Bottom