ice rink in town!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Ever since a local ice rink shut down, I've thought that there was no place to skate in Birmingham. I've been out of the loop as far as skating is concerned for years. Just today I found out there is a huge skating facility in one of the suburbs! It has two rinks in it! I have my own skates. I almost sold them on ebay. I'm glad I didn't because they're much better than the rental skates. I'm calling them after work tomorrow! Whee!! I can't wait!

Yay that's awesome! I used to live in Fremont, California, and we got a skating rink, the first Iceoplex which was owned by Kristi Yamaguchi.....and that was her hometown. We used to go as a family on Christmas Eve. It was fun. It was also fun to go ice skating during the summer time.

Carek1230 said:
Yay that's awesome! I used to live in Fremont, California, and we got a skating rink, the first Iceoplex which was owned by Kristi Yamaguchi.....and that was her hometown. We used to go as a family on Christmas Eve. It was fun. It was also fun to go ice skating during the summer time.
:up: Kristi Yamaguchi is my all-time favortie; watching her in the '92 Olympics ispired me to take skating lessons. Almost 14 years later I'm seven ice dances away from my gold medal. :D

I guess my rink is basically a two-rink facility but it's gotten a little run-down.

I grew up in the urban ghetto and we could never afford lessons at a rink, so instead my dad would throw a tarp down outside our back door, water it for a few hours and the next morning...voila! Ice rink :D

Schmeg said:

:up: Kristi Yamaguchi is my all-time favortie; watching her in the '92 Olympics ispired me to take skating lessons. Almost 14 years later I'm seven ice dances away from my gold medal. :D

I guess my rink is basically a two-rink facility but it's gotten a little run-down.

That's great, Schmeg! I'd love to know when you get the gold medal, so keep us all informed. I LOVE watching ice skating and ice dancing and I LOVED watching Kristi. She is so graceful and beautiful (her dad is a good dentist too!) Can't wait for the Winter Olympics! :wink:

I used to love to skate, of course nothing remotely the kind of skating with jumps and all that. I was a huge fan of figure skating and I still am, I used to fantasize about skating like the pros.

I would love to do it again someday but I know I would just fall on my ass.

I heard on the news this morning that Michelle Kwan had to withdraw from the US Championships w/ a groin injury and that she will petition for an Olympic spot. I want her to win a gold medal so badly. She's my all time favorite female skater, Brian Boitano is my favorite male skater.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom