I will admit that I cried my eyes out in these movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ET.

i mourn the loss of my innocence.

also, Titanic gets me, NOT when Leo dies or when anyone else dies, but at the very end when the ship comes back to life and all the classes are united and Rose and Jack can finally be together in a better world where there is no first class and no steerage class and we're all one but not the same and everyone who loves each other is treated equally and the people are gathered together to applaud true love no matter in what form it might take and that's really the message of the movie because with the sinking of the Titanic came the sinking of man's own hubris because how small is he compared to the might of nature and it was also the end of a pre-WW1 extremely rigid class system that was the direct result of the industrial revolution (as was the boat).

beautiful, in an almost nothing-to-do-with-the-actual-movie kind of way.

and, yes, kids, Brokeback Mountain destroyed me for a week or so.

Irvine511 said:
ET.

i mourn the loss of my innocence.

also, Titanic gets me, NOT when Leo dies or when anyone else dies, but at the very end when the ship comes back to life and all the classes are united and Rose and Jack can finally be together in a better world where there is no first class and no steerage class and we're all one but not the same and everyone who loves each other is treated equally and the people are gathered together to applaud true love no matter in what form it might take and that's really the message of the movie because with the sinking of the Titanic came the sinking of man's own hubris because how small is he compared to the might of nature and it was also the end of a pre-WW1 extremely rigid class system that was the direct result of the industrial revolution (as was the boat).

beautiful, in an almost nothing-to-do-with-the-actual-movie kind of way.

and, yes, kids, Brokeback Mountain destroyed me for a week or so.

That is the part of Titanic that always get's me the most too! :yes:

Brokeback Mountain just caught me completely off guard

U2Girl416 said:
am I the only one who hasn't seen Brokeback Mountain??

I just saw it for the first time last week. :shrug: I thought it was good as well.

There are some commercials that make me cry. A few years ago, i think it was for a computer, there was one about kids on a bus. There was a deaf child on the bus and no one sat next to that kid. So this other kid goes home, gets on the computer and learns some sign language. The next day she sat next to the deaf child and signed something. :sad: Damn, that commercial made me cry!

MsMofoGone said:

Absolutely Not !! :tsk:
I can honestly say that this is one movie I don't care to see at all !! :down:

why so empahtically anti-Brokeback?

it won, like, 3 Oscars and was far and away the critical consensus for best movie of 2005.

:shrug:

MrsSpringsteen said:
It's a good movie. Well I thought it was, no one has to see it :shrug:

I thought it was well done, a great love story, and I cry every time I see it. The end did catch me off guard. My husband had no interest in seeing it, and I almost literally had to kick him out of the room when I watched it, because I didn't appreciate his usual mockery of whatever I'm watching, especially with the storyline of the movie. The acting and storyline... everything about it was great. It should have been best movie that year. Then again, I didn't see all the other nominees, only 'Goodnight & Good Luck'. Winner that year: Crash, which I have yet to see. I Tivo'd it, but it got deleted somehow (or bumped),Brokeback Mountain” (Focus Features)

Brokeback Mountain
Capote
Crash
Good Night, and Good Luck
Munich

Originally posted by Irvine511
why so empahtically anti-Brokeback?
Some co-workers at my work saw it and specifically commented on the actual "theme" regarding the movie. (or should I say "plot" ??) They all left the theatre rather upset ... as it was NOT what they expected the movie would be.
(I can't tell you though if they stayed through the whole showing of the movie ... or if they left early ... I don't really remember.)
I guess they didn't read the reviews about the movie, first ... fortunately, I did ... and I never was interested any further to go and see it.

What did your friends expect? I'm confused, because it was pretty well publicized what the story involved.

As far as explicit sex, well I've seen much much more in movies about heterosexuals.

MrsSpringsteen said:
What did your friends expect? I'm confused, because it was pretty well publicized what the story involved.

I really don't know what my 'co-workers' expected from this movie. You know, sometimes people just go see a movie because the box office ratings are so high during the weekend it came out (that they assume it will be a GREAT movie, because of the high ratings) and some never even read the reviews or hear about the actual plot before going to see it. (I think that was the case, with my co-workers) Then they were really talking about it the next day at work and how they didn't enjoy the sexual content between men. So that must have been why they were upset with the movie ... that is why I 'guessed' that they didn't read the reviews first, either. :tsk:

MsMofoGone said:
Then they were really talking about it the next day at work and how they didn't enjoy the sexual content between men.

yes, Brokeback was only about men having sex.

that's all it was about.

:rolleyes:

there might be 90 seconds of man-on-man action (and probably a whole 180 seconds of heterosexual sex).

but don't worry, straight guys, you won't get too uncomfortably turned on.

I don't understand why people would get so upset over the sexual content, sex is sex in movies and it's uncomfortable or not to watch depending upon individual comfort levels. I have seen hetero sex scenes in mainstream movies that are so graphic that it is very uncomfortable for me to watch.

Yes I will admit that it felt "odd" for me at first to watch the very little bit of sex that was in Brokeback, only because I've never seen that in a theater in a mainstream movie. Honestly not in any other type of movie either. But like Irvine said that's not what the movie was about, and once it starts unfolding it fits into the plot and story perfectly. The sex becomes completely secondary, and that's certainly not the case in so many mainstream hetero movies where so often it's just banging for the sake of banging, to be blunt about it.

Titanic
Life is Beautiful
Stepmom
Schindler’s List
Forrest Gump
Pride & Prejudice
ET
My Girl (this was the first movie I remember crying during)
The Notebook
Top Gun
Beaches
Brokeback Mountain
The Holiday
Finding Neverland
The Devil’s Own
Good Will Hunting
It’s A Wonderful Life
Romeo & Juliet
Legends of the Fall
Brokedown Palace
Armageddon

I cry a LOT in movies! :lol:

^ Saw the old b&w version, I think there's a new one...and yes, I cried. Forgot all about it. And Mask (not Jim Carrey, the Cher one).

Interesting that more people were put off by the guy/guy action in Brokeback than the ass-raping scene in Deliverance. Not picking at anyone, just an observation. BTW I loved Deliverance, cool movie...I didn't cry thouth heh.

originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

I thought of another movie today.

Dumbo.

That movie made me hysterical when I was little. The scene where Dumbo visits his mother always made me bawl, especially when they wave good-bye to each other.

Back
Top Bottom