I want/ need to buy these albums.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Ever heard a song or chatted with a mate about a album you need to or want to purchase and then forget a month later and purchase something else? I used to keep a running list of albums I wanted to buy but cant afford, I think I will keep that list in this thread now, here are a few to start......

665742TN.jpg

Beth Gibbons and Rustin Man
5402430TN.jpg

Idlewild
9362481412TN.jpg

The Flaming Lips
FYL014TN.jpg

Jeff Buckley- Songs to no one
8100452TN.jpg

BRMC
also,
Karate- Some Boots
Beck- Sea Change......(i know I know, way behind here)
Johnny Cash new album

and many more, I wish I was rich.........:wink:

Beck - Sea Change
Bjork - Greatest Hits
Portishead - Dummy
Low - last 2 albums
Tiger Army - anything
The Clash - From Here to Eternity
Foo Fighters - All My Life
Fugazi - anything
AFI - Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes & All Hallows EP
Rancid - Out Come the Wolves
Bouncing Souls - first few albums
Luna - anything
All American Rejects
The Cure - Head on the Door - I have it recorded, dont have the actual cd
Springsteen - The Rising
Cat Power - new album

March 11 definitly will buys:

AFI - Sing the Sorrow
The Clash - Essential Clash - 2cd set

Last edited:
Jeff Buckley- Songs to no one

likewise I need to pursue this one

IDLEWILD!!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I don't have to buy half the CDs I want now since Sam has them. When a new one comes out, only one of us has to buy it since we'll be living together. Same with books. I :heart: the money this is saving me!!!

Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around
Marvin Gaye - What's Goin' On
The Clash - London Calling (I know, I know, I'm a :reject: for not already owning it.)

Those are the three big ones for me right now. Of course there's lots of others I really, really want, but I'm trying my CD-buying addiction under control.

I have to re-buy Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness as my copy has mysterious not been seen in many many months. Rumour has it that it was taken captive by the evil under-the-bed monster and will not be seen ever again, as he (the monster) has a strange fetish for all things Billy.

Ohhhh thought of a few more
Jim ORourke- Insignificance
Josh Rouse - Under Cold Blue Stars
Steve Earle - Jerusalem
and I need to rebuy all the Whiskeytown stuff, except for the one with flowers on the cover that the name escapes me right now..............:wink:

That's Strangers Alamanac, and it's the only Whiskeytown album that I own at present...

I have just checked some Prince stuff out of "The Rainbow Children". I thought it was over with Prince. Until now. No way, this man is still rocking.

It just seems he keeps the good shit for members of his NPG music club. I won?t pay my ass off though :D

I wonder where this industry?s going to with filesharing, really.

Last edited:
More albums I forgot :

Clinic - Internal Wrangler
Covenant - Northern Lights
Air - Moon Safari

Albums on my CD wishlist:

DJ Kicks - Tiga
Futurism: City Rockers Presents ~ Various Artists
First Album ~ Miss Kittin & the Hacker
The Brat Pack Years
Singles ~ The Smiths
Essential Bob Dylan ~ Bob Dylan
Blue Lines ~ Massive Attack
Lifted or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground ~ Bright Eyes
London Calling ~ Clash
Velvet Underground & Nico
Substance ~ Joy Division
A Man Called (E) ~ E
Pump Up The Volume Soundtrack
Best of Fleetwood Mac
Reality Bites Soundtrack
Like, Omigod! The '80s Pop Culture Box (Totally)
The Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack

"....and many more, I wish I was rich."
truer words never spoken
the wish list...it's a good idea to have one. I occassionally get to the city and make a bee line for the 2nd hand music shops, but quite often I just get overwhelmed by the vast selection( I still kick myself over "the ones I let get away") So a list is handy, especially a priority list. I am a bit sick of my CD collection at the moment.It could do with some new additions.

AFI are like The Offspring with mascara and black nail polish.

Elvis, don't waste your time with The Lips new album. Very overrated. I can burn you a copy if you'd like but don't spend any duckets on it. :no: I know I'm going to get absolutely flamed for ripping on the Lips but, sorry I'd rather go listen to Johnny Cash covering NIN's "Hurt" than listen to "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots." Actually, I take some of that back. "Fight Test" is a decent song, but the rest of the album spirals into the toilet from there.

HeadsOnSticks said:
AFI are like The Offspring with mascara and black nail polish.

You've obviously never listened to either band...

You really think Butch Vig is going to come knocking on Offspring's door to produce their next album????

Last edited:
Actually I have. Not only that, but I've also wasted $$$ on seeing them live in concert. :madspit:

And please don't bother using Butch Vig to validate your point. He fell off a long time ago. I'm sorry, what was the last good album he produced? Siamese Dream? That was in 1993.:lol:

HeadsOnSticks said:
Actually I have. Not only that, but I've also wasted $$$ on seeing them live in concert. :madspit:

To each his own I guess.

You're really going to have to give a lot better explanation of how those bands are even remotely alike to anyone who really cares what you think though.

Look, I've heard AFI's new album, and okaaaaaaaaaaaaay they've improved upon their tired formula of psuedo-poppy-punk/hardcore ditties. I'll give you that. But what up until now they've not produced anything worth getting all excited over. I guess you're right to each his own. Pls don't think I was attacking you personally, I just am not a big fan. Their live show sucked. Awful sound. End of story. SO, what else are you into? I promise I won't go off. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom