I Love The 90s - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2004, 06:12 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 03:21 AM
The nineties were yesterday, the eighties the day before yesterday. The seventies? Now you're talking nostalgia.

proud member of the class of '80

Old 07-14-2004, 09:07 PM   #17
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:21 PM
i like watching this show but yeah i think it's a bit too early to be remembering this shit. although it's nice because the 90s were the first decade i completely remember cuz, well, i was actually around for the whole decade. i remember the 80s specials (yeah, i can't believe they actually made two whole series for them) and when they were talking about 80 i was completely lost for some of it.

they just showed rachel bilson again and god she does look young. i thought she was 16 and now i find out she's several years OLDER than me?

Old 07-14-2004, 09:49 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
i like watching this show but yeah i think it's a bit too early to be remembering this shit. although it's nice because the 90s were the first decade i completely remember cuz, well, i was actually around for the whole decade. i remember the 80s specials (yeah, i can't believe they actually made two whole series for them) and when they were talking about 80 i was completely lost for some of it.
Exactly. I remembered bits and pieces of the 80s, but this is where everything is going for me, this decade's where most of my memories are.

Also, yeah, the 90s ended 5 years ago, but sometimes when I hear about something that happened in the late 90s or came out in the late 90s, I find it hard to believe it's been that long a time already. I dunno. I'm enjoying this trip down memory lane (and I find Hal's commentary funny, too, personally, but hey, to each their own).

Definitely remember seeing that chase with O.J. Mmhm. God, I even remember when I very first heard about the murders-was watching one of those entertainment show one day, and there was this breaking story about a double murder, and the pictures of his wife, him, and the other guy, Ron, were up on the screen. No clue at that time that it was gonna get as big as it did.

And I remember seeing the footage of Nancy Kerrigan sitting there crying after that whole thing with her leg.

I was a weird kid, though-all the kids in my school were watching "Melrose Place" and "Beverly Hills 90210" and "Saved By The Bell"...and I never, ever watched any of those shows. I was still watching Nickelodeon and MTV.

Also, I guess I never connected John Tesh to that "ET" show-I had no idea it was that John Tesh who was making music.

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Exactly! It's like Raven Symone talking about Pound Puppies and how much she used to love them. Excuse me, but I remember them being popular around 1985-86, and wasn't she 4 or 5 when she was on the Cosby Show, which was the late 80's?
...I dunno, I was around that age when the Pound Puppies came out, too, and I definitely remember them. I have three of them.

Angela
Old 07-15-2004, 04:33 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:21 AM
Re: I Love The 90s

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
And those "Where's Waldo" books were in our classrooms, and I loved reading those.

Angela
What do you mean: reading the where's waldo books
Old 07-15-2004, 09:03 AM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:21 PM
Has anyone listened to the I Love The 90's radio yet? I've had it on all morning... They're playing Macarena now, dear god.

I heard that at every graduation party I went to that year (except my own, hehe).
Old 07-15-2004, 02:54 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Looking at them, then, Tomer. .

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Has anyone listened to the I Love The 90's radio yet? I've had it on all morning... They're playing Macarena now, dear god.

I heard that at every graduation party I went to that year (except my own, hehe).
LOL, no haven't listened to that station, but I do remember dancing to that song at my school's sixth grade winter dance back in '96 (yikes, that was 8 years ago already?). . They also played it at our prom last year, too. . That dance certainly was all the rage there for a while. I even remember watching "Mad About You" and seeing Paul and Jamie doing that dance.

Haha, didn't some political figure or someone have their own version of that dance? They called it the "_____erena" (the ____ part being where they inserted their name)?

Angela
Old 07-15-2004, 03:20 PM   #22
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:21 PM
I've only seen 1990 so far, but I loved the Pretty Woman jokes.

"Yeah, you don't want to kiss on the mouth cause then you might fall in love with them!!"

Otherwise, it does feel kind of lame they're doing the 90's already--but it's fun to see some of the stuff from early on in the decade.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:26 PM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor

I think once we hit teenybopper pop I'll be a lost cause and not watch anymore. Also, Y2K will be fun to revisit, four years later.

Seriously, next year it'll be the 5th anniversary of the new millenium! Can't wait for "I Love The '00's!"
Old 07-15-2004, 04:47 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:21 PM
It may been a little too early to do the 90s, but some of it is funny.

Barney, Free Willy, and tonight the Spice Girls are all too painful to watch though
Old 07-15-2004, 09:15 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, lord...tonight they're talking about the dance songs of '96...geez, I remember hearing "Missing" all the time on the local radio station in my old town.

Tickle-Me-Elmo-haha, my little second-cousin had one of those. .

Angela
Old 07-16-2004, 12:05 AM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 03:21 AM
I suppose they don't care if they get all the info right-esp. if THEY were too young then! Yeah-well what did they do with all those that Were? lol-you think they would make sense here!
Old 07-16-2004, 12:12 AM   #27
Refugee

Ok, I'm a huge Hal Sparks fan.. what can I say, he's just so cute.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:31 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993 shows were all fun. I loved that they had practically a 5-minute segment on The X-Files, my favorite show of all time, at the end of the 1993 show! But I turned it off 10 minutes into the 1994 show because I was so bored. Could it be there's a 10-year window on nostalgia?
Old 07-16-2004, 05:14 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by agentmissa
Ok, I'm a huge Hal Sparks fan.. what can I say, he's just so cute.
. Ditto that.

A couple of things I just thought of tonight that I'm rather surprised have not been mentioned throughout this week's shows so far-"Friends" and "Seinfeld". I thought for sure those two shows would be mentioned-they were two of the most popular shows of the 90s (heck, probably of all time, too), after all.

Angela
Old 07-16-2004, 12:01 PM   #30
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades
The 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993 shows were all fun. I loved that they had practically a 5-minute segment on The X-Files, my favorite show of all time, at the end of the 1993 show! But I turned it off 10 minutes into the 1994 show because I was so bored. Could it be there's a 10-year window on nostalgia?
I can't wait to see The X-Files one. (I have them taped and havent gotten to sit and watch t.v. this week!)

As X-Files Magazine's Scully lookalike, I should have been on it.