I look at all the lonely people...(Valentine's Day single's thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
This is basically a thread for all the singles of Interference for Valentine's Day. Come here to bitch, moan, etc. Or you can be happy and single on V-Day, your choice.
wink.gif
It's a thread for singles only!

(I'm just starting it now because I'm waiting to go out and I'm bored.
tongue.gif
)

------------------
You can tear it up
If you can tie me down

Single, and I don't mind it either... every guy I've gone out with has said that I'm completely different from any girl they've gone out with... is that a good thing?!

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
Single, and I don't mind it either... every guy I've gone out with has said that I'm completely different from any girl they've gone out with... is that a good thing?!

From my limited experience, that's a bad sign...I mean what it indicates about what the guy is like...

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Yep, I'm an independent woman, lol.

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

Well, as I already mentioned at lemonade stand, I have nothing really to bring to the table that Id be comfortable with. I have really become an unsexual being. Perhaps that will change with time, I really am not sure.

Can i join you guys?

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

I'm truly happy being single on vday, it makes me feel more in love with the idea of love. Besides I buy myself chocolates and such and its never tasted sweeter!
biggrin.gif

..and now my only friend has a partly crashed hard disc. Hard and lonely times for this single person.

Read you, Rono.

And for all who wants to ease my pain with a e-mail, don`t. I can`t read them anymore
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Rono (edited 02-10-2002).]

I'm single. Where are all the U2 fans in Indianapolis?? Gah, stupid cornfield town. *sigh*

------------------
"It's all about drums."

Proud owner of the mofoin Discoboos (boom cha!) and Larry's stick...hehe.

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

single and happy for the moment

------------------
touch me, take me to that other place, teach me, i know i'm not a hopeless case

Single and needing to find a way to use political influence to abolish St Valentines Day from history everywhere
mad.gif

single--
it seems i only get asked out by guys who are completely not my type...stalkers for example.
rolleyes.gif

when asking a male friend if I should just start taking the initiative and asking the guys out, he says "no, i usually don't like that"

it's a no win situation.

I will support the abolishment of V-Day.

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
Single and needing to find a way to use political influence to abolish St Valentines Day from history everywhere
mad.gif

send yourself some cards and you might feel better
tongue.gif

You know its bad when ur dad posts u a card through the door (and trying to tell u u have a secret admirer)
frown.gif
but he was only being nice

Single and proud of it. Valentine's Day is a marketing scam perpetuated by florists, Hallmark, and candy companies.
tongue.gif

My one concession to the "holiday" was to order roses to be delivered to my close friend who just became a single mother last month.

I may just take myself out to catch a movie by myself and dinner too. Singleness rocks!

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
single--
it seems i only get asked out by guys who are completely not my type...stalkers for example.
rolleyes.gif

Yep, me too girl. Seems I always get the "slick" type after me...greaseballs who think they can charm the pants off a girl by pulling the Eddie Haskell routine.
rolleyes.gif

Whatever, just give me some realness, y'know? *sigh*

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
I will support the abolishment of V-Day.

Me too. I always say that I'll be fine being single on V-Day, but I always end up feeling like crap.
mad.gif
At least I have my single friends (and single Interferencers) to bitch with!
smile.gif

that goes ditto for me on the guys! I miss having a guy friend to bounce stuff off...

Singleness DOES NOT = Loneliness!!!
mad.gif

Originally posted by edgerulz:
single and looking for a girl who is just cool that i can actually talk to. i don't even want to have sex, just someone cool to hang with. is that such a tall order?

I'm with you April, about the realness...them U2 boys got us spoiled! Is it so hard for a guy to be himself and not come across as a total schmoozer car salesman doofus??? A friend and I once got what I thought was the nicest compliment while we were out one night...after talking with this guy for awhile, he suddenly says, "You're not from around here are you?" To which we said, "No, we're not, what makes you say that?" and he says: "You're so nice and normal, not like most women I've met in Dallas!"
biggrin.gif
I try to continue to live up to that...

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Well, if you ask me.. I'd be very happy if more girls would ask guys out. But then again I'm all shy and insecure so maybe that's why.

I'm with you dude, all the way Skeek(ster). Heh, sorry, couldn't resist

Single, and while I'm trying really hard to be upbeat and scoff-y about it, I'll be honest right here and say that I wish I had someone. I broke up with my boyfriend of over 2 years in October, and I miss him right at this moment. I don't miss him much, but I do miss him now. And having not much luck with dating as of late and just got blown off by a guy I really liked, I'm feeling a bit down.

Valentine's Day. Sigh.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Well, if you ask me.. I'd be very happy if more girls would ask guys out. But then again I'm all shy and insecure so maybe that's why.

Yep, that's why I never ask out guys. Usually I'm too passive like that, so with the last guy I dated I was more aggressive in doing the pursuing. But I think I ended up scaring him off (not that I did anything bad, but he was such a great guy, so I told myself not to be all shy and insecure like I normally am). Guess I can never win!

mad.gif

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

Single is good but being alone isn't. Make sense?

I guess that means I'm not happy alone, but my previous relationship experiences are not something I'm keen on going back to.

Back
Top Bottom