Humpybong State Infants School, Margate, Brisbane, QLD, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She just called from work; she doesn't want to deprive you of going though. Hopefully we'll turn up another ticket or more will go on sale or something, I don't know.

Feel so bad.

I saw a few tickets up on eBay. Just the usual "power sellers" with like 10+ tickets for $299-$999. :doh: However I thought you would have been easily able to get tickets!

Looks like we may have to go the eBay route for QOTSA and Kyuss.

Trying to call Ticketek again but their phone line now won't even connect. Probably for the best as I wouldn't want to give some helpless call centre person a serve over a shitty website they can't control.

They also say "6 ticket limit per transaction" Whilst in their drop down box I could have selected 10 tickets if I wanted. Fuckin' Cobbler ticketek!

Tempted to try for Sydney. Much like I'm tempted to try for Gold Coast re: Kyuss.

Only thing is, don't know yet if I'm working this semester or not, or what Charlotte's uni schedule will be, which makes it hard planning for midweek shows. Plus there's the whole thing about airfares and finding money for that.

You guys don't have something like Stubhub, or Craigslist? Or even maybe try and find tickets on a QOTSA message board?

We have something similar, but I had a look and they aren't avaliable, yet. They have a wait list, but who knows if that means anything.... could be worth keeping an eye out, Ax.

Concert Tickets, Theatre Tickets, Musicals and Events - Preferred Seating

Might be worth a go. Charlotte's going to try eBay and stuff ...

We'd pondered Soundwave but the line-up's horrendous and even Charlotte didn't want to go. Kyuss are a different story, headline tour in May, Sydney/Melbourne sold out fast (even after being upgraded to larger venues) but last I checked, there were still Gold Coast tickets.

I was hoping to get through LM's list today, but Mega Upload is being mindbogglingly slow. I started downloading before I even finished Reggo's list, and it still has 2.5 hours to go.

So I've just started downloading Screw's list, and that'll be done in under 20 minutes because Media Fire doesn't suck balls.

I've only done two, collapse's and Reggo's. I'd be halfway through LM's now if it weren't for the aforementioned Mega Upload failure.

Can't wait to hear phanan's - easily the most exciting of the tournament so far for me.

I'm having total listmaker's block in coming up with a title for my list.

We are contemplating a crazy road trip to Sydney tonight/tomorrow to watch the melbourne victory hopefully bring home the chocolates!

I bet we don't go, though. :laugh:

That would be very mad, Daniel, though more because it's for the Victory than for any other reason. :wink:

Just starting on Screw's DI list. Looks really hit and miss on paper.

That would be very mad, Daniel, though more because it's for the Victory than for any other reason. :wink:

Just starting on Screw's DI list. Looks really hit and miss on paper.

I didn't think I'd like Screw's at all, but it's one of my favourites of the ones I've listened to so far.

Ax/Charlotte, commiserations about QotSA tickets... I swear Ticketmaster never used to suck this much, but maybe I was lucky in the past. :( I hope you can find tickets without paying ebay prices! Might there be more released closer to the gig?

I didn't think I'd like Screw's at all, but it's one of my favourites of the ones I've listened to so far.

It's my favorite so far. And I haven't seen a list yet that looks to top it (listened to on the other hand...)

Going to see what happens with the weather for the rest of the day, and possibly leave early in the morning.

Its only about an 8 hour drive from Shepp. But I've driven to Canberra before, so it's only an extra couple of hours onto the trip.

:angrilyerasesdedicationtoaxverfromplaylist:

:grumpy:

:p

Yours hasn't officially been posted yet though. :tongue:

(Has it changed much since what you posted in here, though? My old one's gone through a few changes.)

I have no intention of touching my playlist, except for one *minor* thing. When I listened through it, I discovered that i had the wrong copy of "Trick of the Light" and the version I did have was a pansy-ass acoustic version. Problem is that the original is 50 seconds longer, leaving me 22 seconds over the time limit. But I fixed it by switching the Springsteen song out for "Downbound train" (also by Springsteen). The flow because of the change at the beginning is not so good, but I don't care since it's the beginning of the list, y'know?

So...oh my God. My step-sister's friend just had a baby...

...she didn't know she was pregnant...

...I looked at a pic imagining this girl'd be kind of big, ya'know?

...only she's not. How the hell do you not know you're pregnant?!

Every time I hear a story about somebody who supposedly didn't know they were pregnant, I have the same reaction. How can you not notice a living thing that's been INSIDE YOU for the better part of a year?!

I'd be most curious to see comparison photos of any "I didn't know I was pregnant!" person. Surely, surely if you're not a gigantic bloody dugong you'd notice?

On a similar note, I couldn't believe some Aussie water polo player managed to hide not one but THREE pregnancies from her team mates. That's some effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom