Humptulips, WA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

Liberals will be liberal. Conservatives will be conservative. The middle will be the middle. There are idiots on all sides. There are smart people on all sides. When will anyone learn this?

the tourist said:

Liberals will be liberal. Conservatives will be conservative. The middle will be the middle. There are idiots on all sides. There are smart people on all sides. When will anyone learn this?

Exactly. And it's the same for religion. Yet the entire section is filled with folks trying to convert one another to their way of thinking. It's a waste of time.

LemonMelon said:

Exactly. And it's the same for religion. Yet the entire section is filled with folks trying to convert one another to their way of thinking. It's a waste of time.

I learned that when I was 16. And again when I was 19. Fools me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Anyone who tries it a 3rd time is an idiot. :sigh: I wonder how many people in FYM are on their thrird time? :huh:

the tourist said:

I learned that when I was 16. And again when I was 19. Fools me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Anyone who tries it a 3rd time is an idiot. :sigh: I wonder how many people in FYM are on their thrird time? :huh:

:wink: What caused you to figure this out the first time?

LemonMelon said:

:wink: What caused you to figure this out the first time?

When I was sixteen, my best friend and I had religious and political debats/arguments.

When I was nineteen I briefly dated a mormon girl.

I'm kind of glad this AC/DC thing is almost over. Two albums back to back by them is a bit much.

Screwtape2 said:

I could imagine how much that could suck. :down:

I hope my own atheism wouldn't end a relationship sometime.

My beliefs are important to me, and it's important to me to share my beliefs with someone. Thankfully my girlfriend and I agree on most everything religious and about 2/3rds of everything political.

But yeah, the mormon girl was something else. Oddly, the first boobs I saw/touched in person belonged to the mormon girl. Which is a bit odd, because I was always under the impression that they were more clean/pure than other Christian factions.

Screwtape2 said:

AC/DC never appealed to me. Nothing sets them apart musically.

I just like some of their guitarwork a lot. And they're very solid. Just, not something I'd want to listen to for 2 hours in a row ever again.

the tourist said:

My beliefs are important to me, and it's important to me to share my beliefs with someone. Thankfully my girlfriend and I agree on most everything religious and about 2/3rds of everything political.

Cool. :up: I feel similar.

the tourist said:

But yeah, the mormon girl was something else. Oddly, the first boobs I saw/touched in person belonged to the mormon girl. Which is a bit odd, because I was always under the impression that they were more clean/pure than other Christian factions.

I would be fine not sharing my beliefs with someone. We would connect in other ways.

Christians can say what they want about purity but they still have hormones and sex drives like the rest of us. :wink:

the tourist said:

I just like some of their guitarwork a lot. And they're very solid. Just, not something I'd want to listen to for 2 hours in a row ever again.

Yeah, their albums get boring, but it's hard to deny a good AC/DC riff when you hear it.

Screwtape2 said:

I would be fine not sharing my beliefs with someone. We would connect in other ways.

Christians can say what they want about purity but they still have hormones and sex drives like the rest of us. :wink:

It's all very true. I always said I was going to wait to have sex til I was married. But that didn't happen. I just had sex with who I was in love with, when the time was right--and I'm proud to say I'm still with her. :wink: And, also, I am a Christian. But, don't take it to heart, because like I said I won't try to convince anyone of anything (like everyone does in FYM). Though I would openly discuss it with anyone who asks. Other than that, I'm a normal guy. I mean, anyone who reads what I post on here knows this cuz I'm fucking vulgar, man!

I'm a Catholic, but don't really believe what they believe, and I don't really like religious people or religion. I don't like talking about my beliefs, and I don't really like others who do. I do like using God and Jesus' names in vain for effect though. Good job, Christians, that was well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom