how much do cats suck? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2004, 09:32 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:50 PM
You know, god forbid anyone insult dogs, the world would explode. I think you should get any animal that you wish you have. If you want a cat, dammit, get one. If you want a dog, get one.

I've always been a cat person, and so has my boyfriend. Cats are NOT the same as dogs, and that doesn't make them SUCKY or BAD. Not all people are the SAME, and you know, to some that is WRONG too.

Bottom line, your friend has a serious problem if he kills wild cats for sport. If you want a cat, get one, and take good care of it. They are very affectionate animals - obviously they are since SO MANY people have them.

Old 05-19-2004, 09:34 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:20 PM
my sister just got a cute cat and named him Walter P. Elliott

Old 05-19-2004, 10:33 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 02:50 PM
me & cats = do not like one another.

your friend needs help.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:41 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:50 PM
I love cats and dogs, but this is why I'd get a cat over a dog:

Dogs can REALLY smell

Dogs like to jump on you, put dirty paws on you, hump you, slobber in your crotch...

It takes less time to brush a cat

You pay WAY less for food

You don't have to scoop poop up from the yard or bag it (provided you follow the laws and KEPP YOUR CAT INSIDE)

Your cat is not exactly protective of you - you don't have to train it not to use the baby as a chew toy, or attack a friendly neighbor

Cats can be picked up, pet, held, and cuddled easier than most dogs

Cats are easier to litter train, in fact, most do it on their own, while training a dog is like having another child

You don't have to pay for obedience school

It's easier/cheaper to find a good kitten b/c so many puppies are in-bred, or from puppy farms and you really gotta to to a breeder for a decent dog

The thing is that if you want an affectionate cat, you have to pick one out with that personality. You can't expect ANY kitten to be exactly what you want it to be. You gotta go to a place that has a selection and try playing with them and holding them all so you can pick. I pick the ones that are quiet, content, and loved being held on their back. But other people like the wild ones that would rather play.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:58 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
Bottom line, your friend has a serious problem if he kills wild cats for sport.
*killed. he was 7. when i was 7, i thought i could fly like superman until i split my head open after crashing into the kitchen table from jumping of the counter.

my friend and i have both grown up considerably since then.

also, keep in mind. i come from wisconsin, you're dealing with a different breed of humans.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:15 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

(provided you follow the laws and KEPP YOUR CAT INSIDE)

So do people keep their cats inside in the states?

over here, kittens have litter trays, and then when they grow up they go outside to play and to poo

BTW, when I say they go outside, my ex-housemate has a cat, and we always made sure it was indoors when we went out and at night
Old 05-20-2004, 05:12 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:50 PM
My cats don't go outside. I've had them all since they were kittens and they've never been outside so they're pretty content as indoor cats. Except for Jack who's our adopted/stray cat and refuses to stay in the house longer than a few hours.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:29 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 07:50 PM
Yeah, I didn't mean all cats go outside. My friend's cat, who I mentioned above, generally likes to potter about the house, but he does like to go in the garden. He doesn't go beyond the garden though

As a general rule in the UK, though, cats wander around pretty much where they please - probably too much if the truth be known. I think there's a happy medium somewhere - eg a secure garden (it'd have to have very good fences ) and a cat flap that is micro chip activated and locks at night
Old 05-20-2004, 06:22 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

I don't want my cats outside. It worries me. As many of you know, I have an ignorant, slack jawed yokel in a hot tub across the street who threatens to kill them just for walking in his yard. I have had cats disappear over the years, and I am a desperate worrywart. I'd prefer to keep them inside. The problem? I have 2 who disagree with this and cry and tear at the door desperately to get out. Yes, they are fixed. But they love the outdoors, laying on the rooftop among the outstretched tree branches, rolling in the grass, breathing the fresh air. Would you be happy to stay stuck inside forever? So if your cat is happy to stay inside, great, it's the best thing, but not all of them will be. If you do let your cat out, I hope you don't have any sick idiots like Mikhail's 'friend' or the asshole across the street from me. I honestly believe there are some losers so frustrated with their own lives that they take it out on helpless, innocent animals because they can't hurt or kill the person who is really bothering them. That's a real fuckwad and a coward and to me, just as bad as someone who would behead a person on the internet. There should be a special place in hell for a subhuman scumbag who gets pleasure from torturing and killing something. I cannot stand the macho, ignorant attitude of creeps like slackjaw that boast they will kill any animal who comes in their yard.

I try to keep 'tabs' on my inside/outside cats. I look for them several times a day, and have them in by dark, or at least if and when slackjaw is home. I will not go away for long and leave them out, even if I'm late getting somewhere, I will find them and put them in.(Bono is an inside cat) There is one who lives in my yard. His name is Squirrely, he looks and acts like a squirrel and has a gray tail that bend backwards over his back. He will NOT stay inside more than 15 minutes without having a major fit at all the doors and windows. He's the one who waits in the driveway for me. I wish I could live somewhere I know they'd be safe, I'd really love to have an animal refuge like Best Friends. Animals are so much nicer than people.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:46 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

Dogs can REALLY smell

This is true, the dog himself smells bad. If you smell cat, it's time to change the litter box. But a cat's body does not smell.

Quote:
It takes less time to brush a cat
Unless you have a long haired cat you really don't need to brush them much at all, except during shedding season. That's another thing, cats are self grooming. They spend a lot of their day washing themselves. They also can't stand to have their fur messed up and if it gets that way they will immediately fix it.

Quote:
You don't have to scoop poop up from the yard or bag it (provided you follow the laws and KEPP YOUR CAT INSIDE)
Most places don't have leash laws against cats, some do, but not as many as do for dogs. But even if a cat does go out sometimes because he can't stand not to have fresh air (like I said in my last post) and even if he does wander off his property and poop, there is STILL no pile to scoop because cats BURY their shit! That's another reason I knew it wasn't my cat when slackjaw complained he found piles in his yard. Sure enough, the next day, I saw a little brown dog come by and lay a pile in his yard. The dog seems to like his yard and visits it every time he gets loose and wanders the streets.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:46 AM   #26
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:50 AM
You can teach a cat a lot when it is a kitten mikal. If you are very attentive and caring when it is young, and play with it a lot, it will grow to be more social. Cats as a rule dont run up to people they dont know, which is why I reckon they are considered aloof. I've never had a cat who wasn't affectionate towards me, but most of them have never approached strangers willingly.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:49 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

I've never had a cat not be affectionate to me either, it must be that they can sense I am a 'safe' person. I have even got cats to come up to me and purr that other people had called 'mean' and that ran from them They must have had a reason

I also want to say I like dogs too and I don't mean anything bad against them. I also feel sorry for them when idiot hicks shoot and poison them. I got so mad in the auto parts store the other day I wanted to do harm to this redneck asshole. I was looking for the antifreeze, and when he took me to the shelf I picked out the low tox and said it's the only kind I'd use with all the stray or free running dogs and cats in my neighborhood. He got this EVIL grin on his face and said it won't do no good, a dog'll die from it too it jest takes eem longer and he struggles more but he'd jest as dead! He sounded like he had experimented with this himself. I literally had to leave the store in a hurry to keep from blowing up. I HATE 'people' like that!!

I've had both and cats work better for me. But I do hope to get another dog someday if/when I get to move away from here. I like having one bark so no one can sneak up on you. But I can't have one here. When I had a dog, bratty kids tormented him through my fence and threatened to sue me if he bit. They would throw things at him. An asshole across the street (or ironically lives where slackjaw does now) threatened to 'do something about' my dog because he barked when the electric meter reader was coming, which all dogs do. Other than that he really didn't bark unless someone was right there. He died at only 5 years old of lymphoma, which supposedly started from a bad internal infection, and I've always wondered if someone gave him something.

I feel like cats need me more, because they are so much more unfairly criticized and harmed by people who have never had one and really don't know much about them. So I have become sort of a cat advocate, and even feel it may be my calling. If I ever get my animal refuge, I will take both cats and dogs.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:57 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I've had the best luck with cats. All of them have been loving towards me especially my latest cat...Mullen Kitty. She used to go where ever I went in the house. If I was sitting at my computer she'd be laying on the floor next to me or in my lap. She'd lay in bed with me, sometimes falling asleep on my stomach She'd give me these little massages with her paws, lay under the dinner table when we were all eating there. She was an indoor/outdoor kitty and she had a collar with a little bell on it and as soon as I got home I could hear her running from somewhere and coming up to me and meowing She was like my best friend. I miss her alot
Old 05-20-2004, 07:06 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Mulllengirl She sounds special. I hope you can get another kitty someday.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:25 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I hope so too but my fiance is allergic but he said that once we move into a house we can have one. When we do i'm going to call it Mullen Kitty Jr.