How I proposed to my sweetheart in front of about 30,000 ppl. (video link)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
..for those that don't know here's the story:).

About the time the proposal was to happen, she started craving a cigerette. I needed to almost chain her seat. My heart was fluttering. I told her she needed to stay seated as this was the time in the game when the camera men pan the audience looking for the prettiest girls in the statium and put their images on the large screen out in center field.

She said, "But honey I don't want to be on the big screen"

I said, "Well it's only for a brief moment it's no big deal sweetie"

Suddenly our images were there with my proposal flashing in LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS
Yes, LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS.

I said, "Honey LOOK!"

Her jaw dropped, I asked her to stand up. She was a bit in shock, but complied.
I slid down unto one knee. I pulled the small black velvet case from my jean pocket.
For an eternity she just stared at me. The planets semed to have froze during those moments.
And where was the my essentail Coldplay music when I needed it!

Finally the words of Chris Martin came through..
"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you.."

She finally composed herself and said, "Of course I will marry you darling"..

We danced for 30 seconds to Coldplay with the statium cheering us on.
I gave a 'thumbs up' and a "A-O.K." sign as the people clapped and for cheered for us.
We didn't make it thru the entire game we left quickly to go home celebrate.

I also want to thank JesseU2 for helping me post the video link.:)

db9

Last edited:
DaveC said:
Diamond, you are officially my hero. :up:

Thank you Dave C.
That was very kind of you.

Alot of ppl might be prone to mis judge my motives at of posting this videoclip at first glance.
Some may think it self-serving

Thru out my life I'm always done the zaniest, craziest unexpected things for the ppl I love the most.

Dave_BONO_04.jpg

I figure, if I know what my motives are and the other party gets it, "what the heck", go for it and let the chips fall where they may.

I do not do a lot of prespeculation on what the repercussions may or may not be.

For the longest time my sweetheart kept carping on ..if we were going to get married or not or when I was going to 'pop the question'.
I kept telling her over and over.."Baby I well pop the question at a time and place when you least expect it..":sexywink:

I kept the promise.

Thanks to the rest of you for all your kind words.

peace,
db9
342%3A372723232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2327%3D%3C3%3A%3D%3A58%3DXROQDF%3E23236%3C%3B4%3A957%3Aot1lsi

Last edited:
if you told her youd pop the question when she'd least expect it, wouldnt that mean she would expect it when she'd least expected it, so youd really need to pop the question when she'd most expect it, which i guess would be when she'd least expect it

wow, this is confusing stuff :huh:

im glad im never getting married

diamond said:

Thank you Dave C.
That was very kind of you.

Alot of ppl might be prone to mis judge my motives at of posting this videoclip at first glance.
Some may think it self-serving

Thru out my life I'm always done the zaniest, craziest unexpected things for the ppl I love the most.

Dave_BONO_04.jpg

I figure, if I know what my motives are and the other party gets it, "what the heck", go for it and let the chips fall where they may.

I do not do a lot of prespeculation on what the repercussions may or may not be.

For the longest time my sweetheart kept carping on ..if we were going to get married or not or when I was going to 'pop the question'.
I kept telling her over and over.."Baby I well pop the question at a time and place when you least expect it..":sexywink:

I kept the promise.

Thanks to the rest of you for all your kind words.

peace,
db9
342%3A372723232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2327%3D%3C3%3A%3D%3A58%3DXROQDF%3E23236%3C%3B4%3A957%3Aot1lsi

After reading that, she's one lucky lady. :)

It's great you got it captured on film, not everyone is so lucky. :) Nice pic of the two of you.

I've seen enough of the Bono one to last me a lifetime tho....

:wave:

Mrs. Edge said:
It's great you got it captured on film, not everyone is so lucky. :) Nice pic of the two of you.

:wave:

Mrs Edge-
Thank you for your kind words sweetheart.

I didn't post the pic of Bono and I to look grand.
I posted that to illustrated my expressive love I wrote of earlier:

that's all.

db9
:)

Back
Top Bottom