How do you keep in shape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pickup basketball games (usually 5-on-5 full court, sometimes only half court) 4 or 5 times a week for at least a couple hours straight, and weights 3-4 times a week for a half hour or so. I also try and ride my bike to work as often as I can, but I've been a little lazy in that regard lately.

I have my double bellydancing class once a week, and visit the gym at least twice a week. Where I mostly do a whole lot of treadmill and bike. I've attempted to run on a treadmill a few times, but I don't think my knees can handle it very well, so I keep it down to very fast walking.

I also started to walk to work and back home once a week, which takes me two hours overall. I've been slacking off lately though because of the winter - I can handle the cold but I just can't handle the wind and the rain, :no:

Rowing machine at home, cycling alongside the river, kayaking on the river, walking everywhere else. And hopefully chasing after labrador puppies soon, which will probably be the most strenuous of all. :)

Ohh would love to do squash again, but there's no place nearby. :(

How do I keep in shape?

Running away from you Carlos.....:evil: :tongue:

I walk and exercycle, and chase after 3 energetic kids....

I think the best shape I've ever been in was when I practiced yoga regularly (Iyengar style) ... unfortunately though I've slackened off quite a bit:uhoh: .. but I'm determined to get back to classes! I've started going back to the gym recently though ... I always feel much better when I exercise consistently, I just have so much more energy :hyper:

dammit! this thread reminds me that I haven't been playing tennis since, I think May or June, or at least enough that I can't even remember...:reject:

I work out at a gym, 3 days on, 2 days off, repeat. And run 3-4 times a week. And eat a balanced diet, of course.

Redkat walks in to the Irish pub last night...and we all went;

avery_tex_wolf.jpg

I do 45 minutes of cardio 6 days a week and strength training 3-4 days a week. Last year I started running and I've done a few 5K's and and 8K. Now I'm training for a sprint triathlon so (der) I'm swimming, biking and running (no eliptical or anything) but still doing strength training too.

I'd do a sport but as my 2nd grade teacher said, I "don't play well with others"! :lol: Actually I just don't get the appeal of competitive sports - I mean, I get it intellectually but I've never had the desire to play on a team. :shrug:

See that's what everyone told me but I went from a size 8 to a size 2 just runnin' on my elliptical. I think the only difference is that I run faster now, but the resistance is basically the same and the length of time is basically the same, in fact lately I've been running less in the past few months (used to run 6-7 times a week and now more like 4-5).

It's not really about losing weight, it's about making sure that you're working all your muscle groups. You simply aren't when you're just running, so that's why it's good to mix up the cardio, like running, cycling, some kind or racquet sport or team sport, swimming, etc.

There is no way I could actually tone up my entire body just going on the elliptical or just on the bike.

Hockey. Two nights a week. One night for an hour, the other for an hour and a half. Ball hockey is much more strenuous, I find, especially since it's been quite humid and hot here. But it does the trick for keeping in shape. Come the fall, we'll likely go back to three nights a week of ball hockey until it's cold enough to flood the rink.. then three nights of ice hockey.

I love to hike, bike, play ball and stuff too.

work. . . on any given day I'm on my feet for up to 10 hours. I might cut and tear fabric, lift all different shapes and sizes of boxes and fabric rolls, stretch up or squat down to refill the yarn, avoid annoying customers by walking really fast or ducking behind tall displays. . . . . . . .:shifty:

Some days I get home and can barely move, other days I'm fine. Seems to keep me fairly fit although I'd love to do yoga

When I'm at school I try and do cardio at the gym every week day, probably average about 4 days though, doing elliptical or cycling or rowing, I've never gotten myself to stay in a strength training routine, but I hope to change that this coming semester although I'll be working and taking more courses than I ever have so we'll see.

During this extra long summer vacation I'm being cheap so no gym membership, but I haven't gained anything back, I try and do enough physical activity to fall too far out of shape, walking a lot, yard work, ultimate frisbee games, but I have no routine.

Omg this thread makes me feel so unfit. :reject::lol: I sometimes go cycling. I'd quite like to get back into swimming, i used to do loads of swimming when i was at school.

I also want to take up Bellydancing and Yoga but until i have passed my driving test i can't manage to make it to the class on time from work. Buses. :madwife:

I'm going for Spinning class twice a week and it's a lot of fun! Trying to lift weights on the alternate days but failing miserably to keep up because I'm usually either exhausted from the work day or because I didn't get enough sleep the previous night. I want to change this situation and go lift weights on at least 2 days so then it'll be a total of at least 4 days a week instead of 2.

are ya kiddin?

at 5 ft 5 and being this skinny, I swear I feel like Im being stepped on everytime Im out!

I feel Im being laughed at. :sad:

trust me, you dont ever wanna be skinny skinny.:wink:

Aw, I didn't mean to make you feel bad!!!! Srsly! *pulls foot out of mouth*
I'm sure you're gaw-geous!!!! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom