How did you propose, were proposed to? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-02-2007, 12:25 AM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Congratulations, BonosBaby12!
__________________

__________________
indra is offline  
Old 09-02-2007, 12:44 AM   #47
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosBaby12
Oh wow this feels weird but I have my engagement story to add!

Mike flew in from Chicago on Thursday night so we could spend Labor Day weekend at the beach here in Delaware. Well tonight after a nice dinner out we went to the boardwalk. The weather is beautiful and we had gone last night too. So when he mentioned taking a walk on the beach I was all for it. We went down to the ocean to watch the waves. As we were standing there the moon came out and it was such a beautiful orange color! When I commented on it Mike responded by saying "You are very pretty" awwwww!

Ok after a little bit he took my hand to lead me further down the beach. Started talking about how long we have known each other and how many great times we have had together. Before I knew it he turned to me and took both of my hands into his. More sweet words were spoken. Sorry Im still in shock so some of it is escaping me right now! But then he took his left hand and pulled out the ring box! He proceeded to go down on his knee and asked me if I will marry him!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Oh and as you can see I did say YES! The tears came so fast and hard but they were happy tears!

This was by far the most romantic proposal I could ever have!!!!
Awww! Congratulations to you both!
__________________

__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 09-02-2007, 12:55 AM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Oh my gosh, Shannon!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! This is so amazing! I need to see pics. of that ring!!
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 09-02-2007, 01:58 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2MaNaIcWeIdO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Posts: 29,231
Local Time: 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosBaby12
Oh wow this feels weird but I have my engagement story to add!

Mike flew in from Chicago on Thursday night so we could spend Labor Day weekend at the beach here in Delaware. Well tonight after a nice dinner out we went to the boardwalk. The weather is beautiful and we had gone last night too. So when he mentioned taking a walk on the beach I was all for it. We went down to the ocean to watch the waves. As we were standing there the moon came out and it was such a beautiful orange color! When I commented on it Mike responded by saying "You are very pretty" awwwww!

Ok after a little bit he took my hand to lead me further down the beach. Started talking about how long we have known each other and how many great times we have had together. Before I knew it he turned to me and took both of my hands into his. More sweet words were spoken. Sorry Im still in shock so some of it is escaping me right now! But then he took his left hand and pulled out the ring box! He proceeded to go down on his knee and asked me if I will marry him!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Oh and as you can see I did say YES! The tears came so fast and hard but they were happy tears!

This was by far the most romantic proposal I could ever have!!!!
That's really cool! Congrats Shannon!
__________________
U2MaNaIcWeIdO is offline  
Old 09-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
JanuaryStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: World of Dreams
Posts: 9,159
Local Time: 02:48 AM
This is so surreal!! Congrats again, Shannon!
__________________
JanuaryStar is offline  
Old 09-04-2007, 09:22 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
U2Girl416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Posts: 3,435
Local Time: 07:48 PM
Congratulations Shannon, I tried texting Mike's phone. not sure if you got it though!
__________________
U2Girl416 is offline  
Old 09-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life
 
BonosBaby12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Coast girl living in Chi-Town
Posts: 14,889
Local Time: 06:48 PM
A BIG thank you to everyone for their congratulations and well wishes Your happiness for me means so much Thank you for making my special news even more special

Diana for awhile you were known as the mystery texter
__________________
BonosBaby12 is offline  
Old 09-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
U2Girl416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Posts: 3,435
Local Time: 07:48 PM
maybe I should have texted something else, really make you guys wonder
__________________
U2Girl416 is offline  
Old 09-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict
 
daygloeyes2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: No Emily's Allowed
Posts: 26,459
Local Time: 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
I just posted my story (from this afternoon ) in my journal.
Congratulations!
__________________
daygloeyes2 is offline  
Old 09-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #55
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MA/NH
Posts: 309
Local Time: 12:48 AM
After 10 years I got a giant box 'via UPS' which contained a kitten and a ring.
__________________
U2morrow is offline  
Old 09-04-2007, 08:11 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,300
Local Time: 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosBaby12
Oh wow this feels weird but I have my engagement story to add!

Mike flew in from Chicago on Thursday night so we could spend Labor Day weekend at the beach here in Delaware. Well tonight after a nice dinner out we went to the boardwalk. The weather is beautiful and we had gone last night too. So when he mentioned taking a walk on the beach I was all for it. We went down to the ocean to watch the waves. As we were standing there the moon came out and it was such a beautiful orange color! When I commented on it Mike responded by saying "You are very pretty" awwwww!

Ok after a little bit he took my hand to lead me further down the beach. Started talking about how long we have known each other and how many great times we have had together. Before I knew it he turned to me and took both of my hands into his. More sweet words were spoken. Sorry Im still in shock so some of it is escaping me right now! But then he took his left hand and pulled out the ring box! He proceeded to go down on his knee and asked me if I will marry him!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Oh and as you can see I did say YES! The tears came so fast and hard but they were happy tears!

This was by far the most romantic proposal I could ever have!!!!
I just read this!

Congratulations!!!!

That is so awesome! I'm very happy for you.
__________________
FitzChivalry is offline  
Old 09-04-2007, 10:35 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict
 
MissVelvetDress_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Posts: 25,776
Local Time: 07:48 PM
The sister of my sister-in-law will have the question popped to her this weekend on national tv.
__________________
MissVelvetDress_75 is offline  
Old 09-05-2007, 12:34 AM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life
 
BonosBaby12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Coast girl living in Chi-Town
Posts: 14,889
Local Time: 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry


I just read this!

Congratulations!!!!

That is so awesome! I'm very happy for you.
Awwwwwwwwwww thank you! Im still feeling quite giddy! hehe

Omg Velvet that is incredible! How did that get set up?
__________________
BonosBaby12 is offline  
Old 09-05-2007, 12:36 AM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life
 
BonosBaby12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Coast girl living in Chi-Town
Posts: 14,889
Local Time: 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl416
maybe I should have texted something else, really make you guys wonder
Oh believe me we were wondering with this one! lol. I was like I called so many that Im clueless with who this is! lol.
__________________
BonosBaby12 is offline  
Old 09-05-2007, 11:40 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict
 
MissVelvetDress_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Posts: 25,776
Local Time: 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosBaby12


Awwwwwwwwwww thank you! Im still feeling quite giddy! hehe

Omg Velvet that is incredible! How did that get set up?
He played college football and his team will be recognized this weekend for winning the national championship in the early 80's.

Oh and congrats!
__________________

__________________
MissVelvetDress_75 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com