How cold is it right now where you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dismantled said:
clear and a balmy 32 and dropping....winter storm on the way WHOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!:hyper:

Dis, you just HAD:madspit: to rub it in right:rant: ? LOL:wink:

Are you going to either of the Boston shows? I'll be up there for at least one of them?

Oh by the way, it's 87 and partly cloudy with on shore breezes

-25 C last night.:mad:

which to my American friends is -13 F.

I don't know how cold it is outside today, but I do know it feels like the middle of January inside this fucking library. :grumpy: My fingertips are turning purple, no joke. Why must they feel the need to blast the air conditioner nonstop in here?

Is that the MUN library, Gib?

It gets hot as hell in there during the summer when the sun is bearing down on the windows.

The cold air keeps you from taking naps which is what I did there.:wink:

Yep, good ol' QEII. :happy: I love how this is considered one of the best libraries in Canada, yet looks completely shit on the inside. Excellent resources, though, I'll give them that. Who cares if the paint's peeling or that certain walls don't even have any paint on them?

I feel like taking a nap right now, freezing cold or not. :crack:

GibsonGirl said:
Who cares if the paint's peeling or that certain walls don't even have any paint on them?

They have paint now?!?

:ohmy:

Right now it's really warm in Birmingham, but a cold front is coming in late tonight. Tomorrow it's only going up to 41, that's pretty darn cold for the Sunbelt.

timothius said:

:tongue:

(I wish I could type more but I am suffering mild hypothermia in my fingers due to the crazy coldness down here. :happy: )

You know what? One of these days, God will dump a large assortment of freezing rain, hail (there IS a difference), black ice, and snow on that lovely little section of latitude that encompasses New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, and sections of South America. Then we'll see who's laughing. :mad:

I can't take another winter here, honestly. I went out to the library today at about two in the afternoon without a jacket because it was about 10 degrees outside and sunny. When I came out again five hours later, it was hovering just above 0, probably in the minus range with the wind chill factor, and overcast. It's so annoying when people back home turn on the heaters the moment it hits 15 degrees. 15 degrees is swimming pool weather here!

GibsonGirl said:

You know what? One of these days, God will dump a large assortment of freezing rain, hail (there IS a difference), black ice, and snow on that lovely little section of latitude that encompasses New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, and sections of South America. Then we'll see who's laughing. :mad:

I can't take another winter here, honestly. I went out to the library today at about two in the afternoon without a jacket because it was about 10 degrees outside and sunny. When I came out again five hours later, it was hovering just above 0, probably in the minus range with the wind chill factor, and overcast. It's so annoying when people back home turn on the heaters the moment it hits 15 degrees. 15 degrees is swimming pool weather here!

:hug:

The irony of all of this is, that in about 2 weeks I would gleefully trade weather patterns with you. I hate Australian summers. 40 degree tempratures, millions of flies, sweat streaming from your body and 100% humidity... no thanks. :yuck: :down:

I miss the drizzly mornings. :sad:

Well, the weather over the next couple of days is finally gonna warm up to just below freezing. Woohoo! I can put the hat and coat away for a couple of days.:wink:

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-83_metric_e.html

I can't believe you fell for the warm early in the day weather trick, Gibson Girl. I remember one summer I was golfing in Pippy Park in the middle of July and a hailstorm blew through in during a beautiful hot sunny day. It was over in about 20 minutes and everything was normal again. Although the wind back home still gets to me when I go back for visits. It's bitter.

But I can go out and make snowmen and ride a skidoo, :madspit: ......can but definitely won't.

It is sorta warm out, for a mid november east cost evening.....

however, the tinest snowflakes you've ever seen are falling.

I don't think anythin will accumulate, though, so it's not really the "first snow"

Angela Harlem said:

where abouts do you live? i want to live where you do!!
our summers reach the high 40s.
:up:
You're an Australian aren't you? I live kinda on the corner of Victoria, where it borders with NSW and SA. In the desert. Third cave on the right. :wink:

I think it only got to 50 one year I've lived here, but normally there's a week or so of 45+'s round late January. :crack:
I hate global warming. :sigh:

yeah, there should be a global cooling

:rockon:

That way, everyone plays sports in the cold weather, like they're supposed to....

heh

Back
Top Bottom