Hooker, Oklahoma Superthread - Page 65 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2008, 03:31 AM   #961
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:00 PM
so we can't see what the most recent keyword searches are anymore? just tag searches?

Old 05-25-2008, 03:31 AM   #962
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
you do make an appearance on my playlist though!

i'm not sure about that. sicy's said she doesn't see the need for any tags, but i'll ask her if at least one of those would be acceptable, as long as those are the only tags.
Oh god, how?

I thought she'd said she'd left the postwhorehouse and superthread tags alone when she deleted a number of them on a past thread? I find that being able to click on a postwhorehouse tag is damn convenient to view the old threads rather than hunting through the LS Archive, and I think it has quite a legitimate use there. A lot more of a legitimate use than the huggles tag on the hug thread anyway!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-25-2008, 03:33 AM   #963
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post

When Ali, the Maj., and I finally get together to play as Phail, that's totally how we should design our setlists.
sweet. and remember, it's perfectly acceptable to repeat songs if there is only one for that letter. and sandwich letter blocks of songs are absolutely necessary! i.e. seconds --> stateless
Old 05-25-2008, 03:33 AM   #964
Vocal parasite

Ooh, nearly new thread time. Who wants to make it? Any good ideas or shall I dig up that Wikipedia list of place names that bring the lulz?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-25-2008, 03:33 AM   #965
The Male

Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
I'm particularly surprised because I thought your list would be rather popular and go down well. I suppose you were a victim of a tough group, and probably would've reached the finals in any other group.

And cool, good to hear it's still on the table.
That's how I rationalize it. Toughest group in DI history? Very possible. Still no excuse though. I want to see a new champion in DI5...two different winners in four contests is not good.

Definitely is still on the table. It just couldn't be done this time with the short notice I was given.

Now.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:34 AM   #966
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
fuck yeah!!!
Old 05-25-2008, 03:34 AM   #967
The Male

Quote:
Ooh, nearly new thread time. Who wants to make it? Any good ideas or shall I dig up that Wikipedia list of place names that bring the lulz?
Let's let Mia make one this time.

Now.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:35 AM   #968
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
No, it really doesn't matter, and it's a crying shame that newcomers are intimidated by the concepts, thinking the exact opposite about them than we do. Honestly, they're not a big deal. It's just a fun add-on if you have one.

But seriously, I went all-out with the second half of my new list. The lyrics even match the concept, as does the music. It's the best thing I've ever done.
i know what you mean. i don't "mark points" off if someone doesn't have one. it's a nice bonus or something.

sounds interesting!
Old 05-25-2008, 03:36 AM   #969
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Oh god, how?

I thought she'd said she'd left the postwhorehouse and superthread tags alone when she deleted a number of them on a past thread? I find that being able to click on a postwhorehouse tag is damn convenient to view the old threads rather than hunting through the LS Archive, and I think it has quite a legitimate use there. A lot more of a legitimate use than the huggles tag on the hug thread anyway!
don't worry it's...not you. it's the rapper dr. dre
Old 05-25-2008, 03:36 AM   #970
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
sweet. and remember, it's perfectly acceptable to repeat songs if there is only one for that letter. and sandwich letter blocks of songs are absolutely necessary! i.e. seconds --> stateless

Our first main set will be the October album in its entirety, without looking at any tabs beforehand. I'll be singing I Fall Down even though I don't know the lyrics.

Then, to begin the encore, we'll move on to Seconds --> Stateless to begin the letter game!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-25-2008, 03:38 AM   #971
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Let's let Mia make one this time.
Agreed. She hasn't made nearly enough.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-25-2008, 03:38 AM   #972
Vocal parasite

Quote:
don't worry it's...not you. it's the rapper dr. dre
I'm just glad it's not that cover of Fire I did for lulz!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-25-2008, 03:39 AM   #973
The Male

Quote:
i know what you mean. i don't "mark points" off if someone doesn't have one. it's a nice bonus or something.

sounds interesting!
There were a lot of arguments last time because of that...I know, because I was involved. I don't take points off if there isn't a concept, but it sure can spice up the thing, and make it more memorable.

As much as I'm hyping up that second half, it isn't something I created recently. I made that playlist last September.

Now.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:39 AM   #974
Vocal parasite

Mia, if you want to do the next thread and need some funny place name ideas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SP-KP/ToDo/salvage2

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-25-2008, 03:40 AM   #975
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I'm just glad it's not that cover of Fire I did for lulz!
although...

Tags
superthread