Hooker, Oklahoma Superthread - Page 52 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-25-2008, 01:21 AM   #766
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,814
Local Time: 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
What? Sometimes, you're a real fucking idiot, I hope you know that. And don't make any bloody sense. I mean, it's a funny band name. It sounds funny, and if you think about it, it's even funnier, and it's just good all-round.

Compare:

Good band names: Really great band names - Rate Your Music
Bad band names: Really stupid band names - Rate Your Music
Chill. You claim you could never listen to a band with a terrible name, though you listen to Apocalyptica. Come on.


Fun fact: just because you like a band, doesn't mean they have a good name. U2 is not a good band name. Porcupine Tree is.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:23 AM   #767
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 08:47 AM
So, the tracklist's done. LMP, as usual it's constructed well. In fact, it's probably the best you've made in terms of flow and cohesion. Pretty much everything fits together and makes sense.

As for the music, on the whole, last time was bad, while this time was boring. Getting better.

Sounds impolite but blame LM for that.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:26 AM   #768
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,814
Local Time: 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Sounds impolite but blame LM for that.
I had nothing to do with this list, but I guess I've been mentoring him. Definitely prefer this list overall.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:26 AM   #769
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Chill. You claim you could never listen to a band with a terrible name, though you listen to Apocalyptica. Come on.


Fun fact: just because you like a band, doesn't mean they have a good name. U2 is not a good band name. Porcupine Tree is.
I haven't listened to Apocalyptica in about two years.

And I never said all the bands I like have good names. In fact, the majority of bands don't. But ragging on Straitjacket Fits just strikes me as lacking a sense of humour or any cleverness. It's a damn good name.

And there's a difference between not having a good name, like The Chills, The Clean, Dream Theater, Pure Reason Revolution (though as a railfan I love their abbreviation), Ride, or U2, and having a name that is completely embarrassing and you'd never want to claim you listen to anybody with such a daft name, like My Morning Jacket or Cat Power.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:27 AM   #770
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I had nothing to do with this list, but I guess I've been mentoring him. Definitely prefer this list overall.
No, you're pissing me off right now so I can't be arsed having tact.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:28 AM   #771
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
So, the tracklist's done. LMP, as usual it's constructed well. In fact, it's probably the best you've made in terms of flow and cohesion. Pretty much everything fits together and makes sense.

As for the music, on the whole, last time was bad, while this time was boring. Getting better.

Sounds impolite but blame LM for that.
Bad to boring's a good transition in Axverworld for me, cool beans. If you approve of the flow/cohesion, and people like the songs, I'll do okay I guess.

Why blame him for that?
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:29 AM   #772
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,814
Local Time: 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I haven't listened to Apocalyptica in about two years.

And I never said all the bands I like have good names. In fact, the majority of bands don't. But ragging on Straitjacket Fits just strikes me as lacking a sense of humour or any cleverness. It's a damn good name.

And there's a difference between not having a good name, like The Chills, The Clean, Dream Theater, Pure Reason Revolution (though as a railfan I love their abbreviation), Ride, or U2, and having a name that is completely embarrassing and you'd never want to claim you listen to anybody with such a daft name, like My Morning Jacket or Cat Power.
I still have no idea what's so clever about Straitjacket Fits. Even if I'm missing something important, it still gives me the impression that they make embarrassing shock-metal. Not a good thing.

I will agree with one thing: My Morning Jacket is a terrible name. Spoon is bad too, BTW.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:30 AM   #773
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,814
Local Time: 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Bad to boring's a good transition in Axverworld for me, cool beans. If you approve of the flow/cohesion, and people like the songs, I'll do okay I guess.

Why blame him for that?
Yeah, is he trying to insult me, backhandedly compliment me or what? He put the "blame LM for that" after a positive comment.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:30 AM   #774
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 03:47 PM
I still don't see the point in writing off My Morning Jacket because you don't like the band name, but that's cool.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:31 AM   #775
Blue Crack Addict
 
DreamOutLoud13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell For Certain, Kentucky
Posts: 15,088
Local Time: 03:47 PM
Zooropa > A Sort of Homecoming > The Fly > One Tree Hill

Sorry Ax
__________________
DreamOutLoud13 is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:31 AM   #776
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I still have no idea what's so clever about Straitjacket Fits. Even if I'm missing something important, it still gives me the impression that they make embarrassing shock-metal. Not a good thing.

I will agree with one thing: My Morning Jacket is a terrible name. Spoon is bad too, BTW.
Shock metal? I'm not even seeing the connection to Cannibal Corpse.

Yeah, Spoon's a shocker.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:32 AM   #777
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,814
Local Time: 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I still don't see the point in writing off My Morning Jacket because you don't like the band name, but that's cool.
Or saying that I have no right to comment on band names because Weezer was on my last list. Especially since I couldn't care less about band names if I tried. Most of them are bad/uninteresting.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:32 AM   #778
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Bad to boring's a good transition in Axverworld for me, cool beans. If you approve of the flow/cohesion, and people like the songs, I'll do okay I guess.

Why blame him for that?
Glad you see it that way. I thought it came across rude but LM put me in a bad mood so I couldn't be arsed phrasing it in a nicer way.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:32 AM   #779
Blue Crack Addict
 
DreamOutLoud13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell For Certain, Kentucky
Posts: 15,088
Local Time: 03:47 PM
Oops. I'm ages behind in this thread

But I have an excuse. I was baking a cake!
__________________
DreamOutLoud13 is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:32 AM   #780
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 03:47 PM
To be honest, I've had a few conversations with L-Mel, aka Flow-Jo, about flow and such, but really don't think I got too much from him. If anything, I see it as a natural progression from my last list, but it's more diverse and stronger from start-to-finish. The songs, however, aren't as great, but that's due to the fact that I've used a lot of my absolute favorite songs already.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com