Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Did you work in a winery for a period?

In 1996, I was 9, so that'd be slave labour. :wink:

Nah, my father knew the owners, so we went over on a few weekends and helped them out with picking the grape harvest. In return, they put on a good barbecue lunch and games and fun stuff. My father showed off his soccer skills. And I pinched probably a few too many grapes from the bunches that I picked. :laugh:

:lmao: Seriously, after 5 glasses of sauvignon blanc/semillion and 2 glasses of port, shouldn't I be making typos all over the place and not making any rational or logical connections whatsoever?

This is ridiculous! I even drank 3 of those glasses of wine within 40 minutes and it didn't seem to do that much to me!
:tsk: clearly you need to drink them faster.

In 1996, I was 9, so that'd be slave labour. :wink:

Nah, my father knew the owners, so we went over on a few weekends and helped them out with picking the grape harvest. In return, they put on a good barbecue lunch and games and fun stuff. My father showed off his soccer skills. And I pinched probably a few too many grapes from the bunches that I picked. :laugh:

But you got barbecue. You had good slave masters. :up:

But you got barbecue. You had good slave masters. :up:

In beautiful countryside too. :drool:

Seriously, it's one of my most vivid childhood memories, sitting under this shady tree eating food from the barbecue while my father's showing off how many different ways he can juggle a soccer ball.

lol, someone's been on the phone with someone else for like 15 minutes arguing with them because they don't get the concept of us being completely sold out on a holiday weekend, and the only room available is $400.

no. down them like they're shots. one big gulp. and then have another immediately after.

:laugh:

What a waste of good wine that would be!

I should just get vodka. Or something even more potent. What do you good folk recommend?

Dear Australia,

Why do you make it so fucking hard to find gewurtstraminer? I don't have this problem in New Zealand! I'd like some gewurtstraminer, thanks.

No love,
Ax

Given the price of this port, it better be the most fucking amazing port in the history of Australian viticulture.

Yeah, you know you didn't get drunk enough when you can still spell gewurztraminer almost correct. (And this is actually a genuine mistake from me rather than just a drunken one. I'm sure if you search back, you'll find sober posts where I mention "gewurtstraminer". No idea why I've been spelling it incorrectly. :huh: )

Yeah, you know you didn't get drunk enough when you can still spell gewurztraminer almost correct. (And this is actually a genuine mistake from me rather than just a drunken one. I'm sure if you search back, you'll find sober posts where I mention "gewurtstraminer". No idea why I've been spelling it incorrectly. :huh: )
because you're :coocoo:

i found the vino online, but only from u.s. sites.

This cracked me up. It's from the description of one gewurztraminer:

The Gewurz’ is perfect for yum-cha brunch, with its gentle spice, rose petals and lychee notes while the Pinot Gris, with its apple blossom and cinnamon notes, begs to be drunk with roasted suckling pig.

I love wine descriptions sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom