Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2008, 12:58 AM   #106
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
tell me about it. i had to buy a few groceries today and i was amazed so little cost so much.
Cheese is infuriating me. I use a lot of cheese. I love the stuff. You can guarantee I'll have at least three types of cheeses in my fridge at any one time - a block of tasty (sandwiches and stuff), grated parmesan (for gnocchi and spaghetti and such), and this grated blend of cheeses for pizza. You know how much that costs me? $20. Twenty fucking dollars. A block of 1kg tasty is over $10 no matter what brand I buy, then the two bags of parmesan and pizza cheese work out to be about $9 together.

It's fucking OBSCENE. I'm trying to cut down on my usage - mainly through using it a lot more sparingly than I ever used to.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:59 AM   #107
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
YLB: I have begun.
Alright, keep me posted.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:00 AM   #108
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Cheese is infuriating me. I use a lot of cheese. I love the stuff. You can guarantee I'll have at least three types of cheeses in my fridge at any one time - a block of tasty (sandwiches and stuff), grated parmesan (for gnocchi and spaghetti and such), and this grated blend of cheeses for pizza. You know how much that costs me? $20. Twenty fucking dollars. A block of 1kg tasty is over $10 no matter what brand I buy, then the two bags of parmesan and pizza cheese work out to be about $9 together.

It's fucking OBSCENE. I'm trying to cut down on my usage - mainly through using it a lot more sparingly than I ever used to.
tasty? i remember you talking about it, i googled it and it reminded me of velveeta.

cheese i don't notice too much as we don't go through it too fast, but milk. ugh. i can drink 1/2 to 1 gallon in a DAY. sure, i (hopefully) won't get osteoporosis, but i'm also using like $4 a day just on beverages.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:01 AM   #109
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 12:30 PM
I'm watching a slasher from 1982 called Madman. I'm really disappointed by it. Good slasher films can be well thought out and suspenseful or be hilarious and twisted. It isn't either of those.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:02 AM   #110
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 12:30 PM
Old Gregg may as well have given you the funk on this one, YLB. I may have to start calling you Howard Moon.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:03 AM   #111
Refugee
 
Its Britastic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nowhere, U.S.A with a dog named Courage.
Posts: 1,113
Local Time: 12:30 PM
I went to see Wanted today. It was pretty good.
__________________
Its Britastic! is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:03 AM   #112
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Cheese is infuriating me. I use a lot of cheese. I love the stuff. You can guarantee I'll have at least three types of cheeses in my fridge at any one time - a block of tasty (sandwiches and stuff), grated parmesan (for gnocchi and spaghetti and such), and this grated blend of cheeses for pizza. You know how much that costs me? $20. Twenty fucking dollars. A block of 1kg tasty is over $10 no matter what brand I buy, then the two bags of parmesan and pizza cheese work out to be about $9 together.

It's fucking OBSCENE. I'm trying to cut down on my usage - mainly through using it a lot more sparingly than I ever used to.
That's horrible. I love cheese.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:05 AM   #113
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
tasty? i remember you talking about it, i googled it and it reminded me of velveeta.

cheese i don't notice too much as we don't go through it too fast, but milk. ugh. i can drink 1/2 to 1 gallon in a DAY. sure, i (hopefully) won't get osteoporosis, but i'm also using like $4 a day just on beverages.
Tasty's just the standard cheese. Redirects to cheddar on Wikipedia.

Ah, now I don't drink milk, so that helps me a bit. I only ever buy small cartons when I'm baking (will have to do some of that this coming week, actually). But my orange juice is getting really dear. $2.40 for a 2L bottle - and that's the cheapest brand (fortunately it's also my favourite, so I'm not buying cheap stuff intentionally here). I go through a bottle in about 2.5 days; I'm increasingly trying to substitute water for orange juice.

Bread's price is driving me mad too. I'm just glad that I've cut out some meat from my diet, now that I prefer napoli sauce to bolognese sauce. The price of mince was really starting to hurt.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #114
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
That's horrible. I love cheese.
I'm thinking of splurging today so I can have a couple of nice cheeses to go with my wine during the rugby tonight. But we'll see how much it's going to hurt my wallet when I get to the supermarket soon. If it's going to really set me back, I'll just stick with the camembert I already have.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #115
Refugee
 
Its Britastic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nowhere, U.S.A with a dog named Courage.
Posts: 1,113
Local Time: 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
That's horrible. I love cheese.
Me too. Ashley makes fun of me because when I was little we found out i was lactose intolerant and my mom told me i couldnt eat cheese anymore. So then I yelled at her "but mommy I love cheese" and Ashley talks about it all the time.
__________________
Its Britastic! is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:09 AM   #116
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Tasty's just the standard cheese. Redirects to cheddar on Wikipedia.

Ah, now I don't drink milk, so that helps me a bit. I only ever buy small cartons when I'm baking (will have to do some of that this coming week, actually). But my orange juice is getting really dear. $2.40 for a 2L bottle - and that's the cheapest brand (fortunately it's also my favourite, so I'm not buying cheap stuff intentionally here). I go through a bottle in about 2.5 days; I'm increasingly trying to substitute water for orange juice.

Bread's price is driving me mad too. I'm just glad that I've cut out some meat from my diet, now that I prefer napoli sauce to bolognese sauce. The price of mince was really starting to hurt.
milk is delicious. oh well. more for me (lol cuz you know any unused milk from australia comes here)

wow, you do go through it quickly. do you drink it with everything? cuz other than breakfast foods, i can't imagine it going with anything
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #117
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'm thinking of splurging today so I can have a couple of nice cheeses to go with my wine during the rugby tonight. But we'll see how much it's going to hurt my wallet when I get to the supermarket soon. If it's going to really set me back, I'll just stick with the camembert I already have.
ha, there you go. the difference between australians and americans: australians have wine and cheese while watching televised sports, americans have wings, chips, and soda.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #118
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Old Gregg may as well have given you the funk on this one, YLB. I may have to start calling you Howard Moon.
Man about town.

How far in are you? ...that's what she said.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:12 AM   #119
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 12:30 PM
I'm on Young Americans at the moment.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:13 AM   #120
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 12:30 PM
I'm not a big fan of cheese for the most part. I like pizza and cheesesteaks, but that's about it.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com