Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2008, 12:58 AM   #106
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
tell me about it. i had to buy a few groceries today and i was amazed so little cost so much.
Cheese is infuriating me. I use a lot of cheese. I love the stuff. You can guarantee I'll have at least three types of cheeses in my fridge at any one time - a block of tasty (sandwiches and stuff), grated parmesan (for gnocchi and spaghetti and such), and this grated blend of cheeses for pizza. You know how much that costs me? $20. Twenty fucking dollars. A block of 1kg tasty is over $10 no matter what brand I buy, then the two bags of parmesan and pizza cheese work out to be about $9 together.

It's fucking OBSCENE. I'm trying to cut down on my usage - mainly through using it a lot more sparingly than I ever used to.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 12:59 AM   #107
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
YLB: I have begun.
Alright, keep me posted.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:00 AM   #108
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Cheese is infuriating me. I use a lot of cheese. I love the stuff. You can guarantee I'll have at least three types of cheeses in my fridge at any one time - a block of tasty (sandwiches and stuff), grated parmesan (for gnocchi and spaghetti and such), and this grated blend of cheeses for pizza. You know how much that costs me? $20. Twenty fucking dollars. A block of 1kg tasty is over $10 no matter what brand I buy, then the two bags of parmesan and pizza cheese work out to be about $9 together.

It's fucking OBSCENE. I'm trying to cut down on my usage - mainly through using it a lot more sparingly than I ever used to.
tasty? i remember you talking about it, i googled it and it reminded me of velveeta.

cheese i don't notice too much as we don't go through it too fast, but milk. ugh. i can drink 1/2 to 1 gallon in a DAY. sure, i (hopefully) won't get osteoporosis, but i'm also using like $4 a day just on beverages.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:01 AM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 12:30 PM
I'm watching a slasher from 1982 called Madman. I'm really disappointed by it. Good slasher films can be well thought out and suspenseful or be hilarious and twisted. It isn't either of those.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:02 AM   #110
Blue Crack Supplier

Old Gregg may as well have given you the funk on this one, YLB. I may have to start calling you Howard Moon.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:03 AM   #111
Refugee

I went to see Wanted today. It was pretty good.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:03 AM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:

That's horrible. I love cheese.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:05 AM   #113
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
tasty? i remember you talking about it, i googled it and it reminded me of velveeta.

cheese i don't notice too much as we don't go through it too fast, but milk. ugh. i can drink 1/2 to 1 gallon in a DAY. sure, i (hopefully) won't get osteoporosis, but i'm also using like $4 a day just on beverages.
Tasty's just the standard cheese. Redirects to cheddar on Wikipedia.

Ah, now I don't drink milk, so that helps me a bit. I only ever buy small cartons when I'm baking (will have to do some of that this coming week, actually). But my orange juice is getting really dear. $2.40 for a 2L bottle - and that's the cheapest brand (fortunately it's also my favourite, so I'm not buying cheap stuff intentionally here). I go through a bottle in about 2.5 days; I'm increasingly trying to substitute water for orange juice.

Bread's price is driving me mad too. I'm just glad that I've cut out some meat from my diet, now that I prefer napoli sauce to bolognese sauce. The price of mince was really starting to hurt.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #114
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I'm thinking of splurging today so I can have a couple of nice cheeses to go with my wine during the rugby tonight. But we'll see how much it's going to hurt my wallet when I get to the supermarket soon. If it's going to really set me back, I'll just stick with the camembert I already have.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #115
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Me too. Ashley makes fun of me because when I was little we found out i was lactose intolerant and my mom told me i couldnt eat cheese anymore. So then I yelled at her "but mommy I love cheese" and Ashley talks about it all the time.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:09 AM   #116
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Tasty's just the standard cheese. Redirects to cheddar on Wikipedia.

Ah, now I don't drink milk, so that helps me a bit. I only ever buy small cartons when I'm baking (will have to do some of that this coming week, actually). But my orange juice is getting really dear. $2.40 for a 2L bottle - and that's the cheapest brand (fortunately it's also my favourite, so I'm not buying cheap stuff intentionally here). I go through a bottle in about 2.5 days; I'm increasingly trying to substitute water for orange juice.

Bread's price is driving me mad too. I'm just glad that I've cut out some meat from my diet, now that I prefer napoli sauce to bolognese sauce. The price of mince was really starting to hurt.
milk is delicious. oh well. more for me (lol cuz you know any unused milk from australia comes here)

wow, you do go through it quickly. do you drink it with everything? cuz other than breakfast foods, i can't imagine it going with anything
Old 06-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #117
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I'm thinking of splurging today so I can have a couple of nice cheeses to go with my wine during the rugby tonight. But we'll see how much it's going to hurt my wallet when I get to the supermarket soon. If it's going to really set me back, I'll just stick with the camembert I already have.
ha, there you go. the difference between australians and americans: australians have wine and cheese while watching televised sports, americans have wings, chips, and soda.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #118
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Old Gregg may as well have given you the funk on this one, YLB. I may have to start calling you Howard Moon.
Man about town.

How far in are you? ...that's what she said.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:12 AM   #119
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm on Young Americans at the moment.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:13 AM   #120
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm not a big fan of cheese for the most part. I like pizza and cheesesteaks, but that's about it.

Tags
superthread