Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2008, 12:32 AM   #91
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Your day may very well get fucked up, NSW.
Just hope I don't get restless tomorrow night and start fucking up your neighborhood.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:32 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Like Bruce Banner's a deep and interesting character? Is what it is, I guess.

Submariner's a less-pussified version of Aquaman, which doesn't help his case much.

I wish Venom wasn't so haphazardly used in Spidey 3 and didn't have a spin-off, but that's okay.
I just mean you sort of have to have a really deep character to not get pushed aside by the other really popular characters. Captain America isn't that deep of a character but he is so beloved.

Well to get technical, Submariner was around a few years before Aquaman. Aquaman is just more popular.

I haven't seen Spidey 3 or X-Men 3 because they sound so bad. How can you butcher Pheonix and Venom?
__________________

__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:35 AM   #93
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I just mean you sort of have to have a really deep character to not get pushed aside by the other really popular characters. Captain America isn't that deep of a character but he is so beloved.

Well to get technical, Submariner was around a few years before Aquaman. Aquaman is just more popular.

I haven't seen Spidey 3 or X-Men 3 because they sound so bad. How can you butcher Pheonix and Venom?
Captain America's arc after he gets defrosted is pretty interesting. Plus, who doesn't like a superhero that fights Nazis? That's just plain cool.

Okay, but Aquaman and Sub-Mariner are both pretty useless anyway, unless everyone decides to fight underwater. This isn't Top Secret.

They both are truly terrible and wasted opportunities, don't blame you for skipping those.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:36 AM   #94
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Just hope I don't get restless tomorrow night and start fucking up your neighborhood.
Don't even start. I'm a fucking Major on SEPTA.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:37 AM   #95
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Any time you can have Dennis Hopper narrate one of your songs, I think you win.

NSW and Pfan, go to the NBA thread. Stat.
Indeed. I was slightly disappointed he didn't run the picket fence at 'em, but still.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:38 AM   #96
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Don't even start. I'm a fucking Major on SEPTA.
And in college, my major was destruction. Let's dance and see what happens.

YLB, I'm watching the clip. I am likely not gonna laugh too much, since people that spend their day heckling another human is not all that creative to me, even if Stephen A is a bit of a joke. Though, saying "Et tu Bilas" mad me chuckle. Latin FTW.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:39 AM   #97
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
And in college, my major was destruction. Let's dance and see what happens.

YLB, I'm watching the clip. I am likely not gonna laugh too much, since people that spend their day heckling another human is not all that creative to me, even if Stephen A is a bit of a joke. Though, saying "Et tu Bilas" mad me chuckle. Latin FTW.
I'm not a fan of when they heckle Stephen A. directly either.

It's not as funny as last year's video, but the Skip Bayless joke and Kevin Love shout out both killed me though.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:42 AM   #98
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 01:12 AM
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:42 AM   #99
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I'm not a fan of when they heckle Stephen A. directly either.

It's not as funny as last year's video, but the Skip Bayless joke and Kevin Love shout out both killed me though.

Love was great, asking OJ Mayo if he found the killers made me laugh, go figure.....
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:43 AM   #100
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Love was great, asking OJ Mayo if he found the killers made me laugh, go figure.....
Haha yes.

He's working closely with JonBenet Ramsey's parents.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:49 AM   #101
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,018
Local Time: 06:12 PM
Dear groceries,

Please stop going up in price. Please. Every bloody week I feel like I'm paying more and more for less and less.

No love,
Ax


Bleh, better drag myself up from the computer and think about doing the shopping anyway ...
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:51 AM   #102
Refugee
 
Its Britastic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nowhere, U.S.A with a dog named Courage.
Posts: 1,113
Local Time: 02:12 AM
Cubs loss to the Sox today
__________________
Its Britastic! is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:54 AM   #103
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Dear groceries,

Please stop going up in price. Please. Every bloody week I feel like I'm paying more and more for less and less.

No love,
Ax


Bleh, better drag myself up from the computer and think about doing the shopping anyway ...
tell me about it. i had to buy a few groceries today and i was amazed so little cost so much.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:58 AM   #104
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 01:12 AM
ugh. i'm trying to find motivation to keep working on that spreadsheet.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:58 AM   #105
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:12 AM
YLB: I have begun.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com