Homecoming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
My school's homecoming dance was tonight and the game was yesterday, which made for one extremely fun weekend. Anyone else have one coming up or just pass?

The music at the dance was pretty typical, but when "Thriller" and "Shout" were played, I had to bust loose. Easily the highlight of the week... sorry In Rainbows.

Next week. If they play Darude's "Sandstorm," there will be serious shit going down. No one dances to that quite like me and my buddies.

That Soulja Boy song may be overplayed, but it's a damn fun song to dance to.

Good to hear some Kanye, too.

I'm fearful that I might actually know some of the songs going in. Right behind my lunch table is a TV, and a group of girls always has it turned to BET. It's noon hour, so it's 106 and Park (I can't believe I know the name of the show), which plays a countdown of songs everyday which rarely changes. So, I've seen the videos of Kanye, Alicia Keys, and Soulja Boy over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm surprised I knew more than half of the songs.

"AY BAY BAY"
"lalala... Ballin'!"
"Pop, Lock n' Drop It"
"Walk It Out"
"Funkbomb Explosion"

Okay, I made the last one up, but still.

I'm convinced that we're due for a rap song without a single word that is coherent to the average American. We've come close in some of them, think "Ayo for Yayo."

LemonMacPhisto said:
That Soulja Boy song may be overplayed, but it's a damn fun song to dance to.

A sample of SB's lyrics:

You know when you jut get your report card
and you have all F's on it you just want to take it back to the teacher and say throw some D's on that bitch
Ballin! (Soulja Boy Up In Da Buildin)
Throw Some D's On That Bitch
I Just Got My Report Card
I Just Got My Report Card

I'm not sure if that's hilarious, or if I'm just really tired.

My university's homecoming was a week ago, I think. I didn't go. It just doesn't interest me much. I don't have a girlfriend, and I don't think my university even has a football team, so what's the point? It just doesn't interest me much.

I had a deb last night and I went fucking crazy on the dancefloor. Seriously i turn from this shyish, introverted, cautious kid into a spasticated dancing lunatic. It was mad as. It's cool to see how much my confidence has climbed compared to a few years ago. :)

destination unKNOWN

The homecoming dance at our school was canceled because nobody will own up to the MASSIVE graffiti that happened the first week of school. Also, the next week, the seniors started a food fight in the cafeteria. So no dances or rallys until someone 'fesses up.

ours all ready happened
i didnt go.
all they ever play is rap and i knew i wouldnt have any fun :shrug:

I never went to a single homecoming at my four years of high school...just never saw the point. It happens to be my homecoming in a week or so, and I'm not really sure if I'm going to go. It's a 5 hour train ride from my college to home, then a 45 minute drive to my old high school. It would be nice to see my old friends and teachers again though.

Back
Top Bottom