Hell For Certain, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm listening to tourist's playlist right now. I just finished Shoes, and I must say I really enjoyed it. Lots of stuff that I hadn't heard before that was pretty good, but to me, the best part was how cohesive it all went together. Nice transitions.

If I had to comment on any flaw, it would be that there wasn't much difference in some of the tracks. Not many genres being represented so far. This can be risky if someone doesn't like this style of music, because then they won't really like the whole thing that much.

But I did like it, so it gets high marks from me.

Moving on to Soda.

Either later tonight, or early tomorrow, I'll finally listen to Screwtape's list. I didn't get to hear as much as I wanted to this weekend.

One of the reasons I delayed Round 2, although Irishteen had also requested I cut back on the matches this week. I decided an extra day was a good compromise, though.

ElMel, choose: Meddle or The Wall.

That's my next PF assignment. Not sure which to go with.

tomorrow is earth day. i get to wear jeans and a tee shirt to work :hi5: if only i could wear this to work every day. oh well, i get to 2/5 of my work days, plus my days off, so there's more than half the week right there.

Tomorrow is an off day for me, because my high school is a polling center and tomorrow is like Primary of the Century 2008 or something.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeeeeeeeeeeees. one step closer to them finally choosing the democratic nominee :drool:

Thank existent God. The past couple of months have done nothing but damage the Democratic party.

Last I heard, Hilary has to win Pennsylvania by about 20 points to catch up, which is absurd. No way will she pull that off.

My county I think has had the most in-person campaigning in the state. We're a typically conservative upper-class county that has been moving liberal in the past two elections and is almost even now: the exact crowd they want a piece of.

LemonMelon said:
Thank existent God. The past couple of months have done nothing but damage the Democratic party.

Last I heard, Hilary has to win Pennsylvania by about 20 points to catch up, which is absurd. No way will she pull that off.
and not only that, apparently even after all these months of voting in the primaries all over the state, we STILL have to wait. so it's not like after pennsylvania's done, the winner will be announced. the superdelegates have to vote and decide. and that won't happen until june, i think. JUNE. and i voted in the primaries...back in february i think it was? my state voted on super tuesday. although i had early voting. ooh! that's how i remember. i did early voting which was in late january, so yeah super tuesday must've been in early february. so four months AFTER super tuesday, we'll know for sure. that is stupid.

i was like...so even in the primaries, my vote means nothing? :|

i think it's highly unlikely hillary will get enough votes to win the thing, and i wish she'd just drop out, but i know she won't.

phillyfan26 said:
My county I think has had the most in-person campaigning in the state. We're a typically conservative upper-class county that has been moving liberal in the past two elections and is almost even now: the exact crowd they want a piece of.
yeah, and i heard on cnn about how much both sides were spending on ads. it's silly when you think about it, but i know they know this is their last chance at getting votes in the primary.

i don't think anyone (from either party, and this was before people dropped from the race like flies) visited my county, which is the biggest if not one of the biggest in the state, and i saw like a handful of ads around the time of our primaries. :|

KhanadaRhodes said:

and not only that, apparently even after all these months of voting in the primaries all over the state, we STILL have to wait. so it's not like after pennsylvania's done, the winner will be announced. the superdelegates have to vote and decide. and that won't happen until june, i think. JUNE. and i voted in the primaries...back in february i think it was? my state voted on super tuesday. although i had early voting. ooh! that's how i remember. i did early voting which was in late january, so yeah super tuesday must've been in early february. so four months AFTER super tuesday, we'll know for sure. that is stupid.

i was like...so even in the primaries, my vote means nothing? :|

i think it's highly unlikely hillary will get enough votes to win the thing, and i wish she'd just drop out, but i know she won't.

I can understand, to an extent, why she hasn't dropped out yet. Two months ago, when she lost like 11 states in a row or whatever, there were still several months ahead for her to catch up, and after all of the controversies Obama has faced over the last month, you can see why she would get her hopes up, especially after that big victory in Ohio.

But, at the end of the day, her campaign simply has not been as good as Obama's. Last year, she had the name recognition and the entire Democratic party at her feet, and she somehow managed to screw it up. Her only chance now would be for a tape of Obama literally worshiping satan to surface, and even then she'd probably fail to capitalize properly. :wink:

The Obama/McCain GE will be fascinating though, I must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom