Heavy Metal Concerts Moved Off DISNEY Property - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AngelofHarlem01

wow. no. i wasn't attacking metal fans or anything like that. hopefully you didn't take it that way.

I can understand why people are so sensitive about it and I probably would be to if they were bands I was excited to see but I can also understand the other side of the argument. I mean it's Disneyland, you don't expect to see bands with names like 'ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY' or 'CANNIBAL CORPSE' playing there lol. I do however agree that if they were going to make a decision like that, that (a) they should've never booked the acts. (b) cancelled with much earlier notice. or (c) wait till after the metal shows were over as it wasn't fair to the bands or their fanbase.
But it's NOT Disneyland. It's Downtown Disney, restaurants, bars, clubs.....if you're there after midnight it's not because you're there to drink a milkshake on Main St. and get your photo taken with Mickey !

There are no huge billboards with the band names outside the HOB, and it's not like they're outdoors where anyone can hear them anyway.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:44 AM
But it's still associated with the Disney name. That's all I can think of. I don't know anything about Disneyland or it's surrounding areas so there's not much more I can offer than that. Perhaps enough people will be mad about it that they'll have to rethink their policies/actions etc.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #18
Refugee

Quote:
But it's still associated with the Disney name. That's all I can think of. I don't know anything about Disneyland or it's surrounding areas so there's not much more I can offer than that. Perhaps enough people will be mad about it that they'll have to rethink their policies/actions etc.
It's just ClearChannel, sorry, "livenation" crap.

One theory is that the Anti-Bush bent of Machine Head prompted it

"he also said he suspects that "one of the main issues of contention Disney had with Machine Head was our antiwar and anti-administration lyrics."

A sample lyric from the Bay Area quartet's current recording, "The Blackening," goes, "Murder us, silence us, / Divide and conquer us."

The veteran Cannibal Corpse, which headlines the touring Metal Blade Records bill that was removed from the Anaheim and Orlando House of Blues calendars, is known for its extreme album-cover artwork and death-obsessed lyrics such as "Pray to our God / With blood we praise his epic acts of hate," from last year's "Kill" collection. Many modern metal bands express an antiwar, anti-authority and/or anti-religion message.

John Halperin, talent booker for the Glass House, said Friday that the Machine Head show transferred to his venue came off to the satisfaction of bands and fans, despite the fact that it is an all-ages club where no alcohol is sold. "
Old 09-16-2007, 11:34 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:44 AM
ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY = Best name for a band EVER!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 12:14 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Makes sense to me. Disney's family oriented, most heavy metal music isn't. Seems smart to move the concerts
You know it's funny how you say this because let me remind you disney raised lindsay lohan, and venessa hudgens (that now isnt in that great of a position to be in)
Old 09-17-2007, 12:24 AM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by tpsreports2424

You know it's funny how you say this because let me remind you disney raised lindsay lohan, and venessa hudgens (that now isnt in that great of a position to be in)
You mean Lohan and Hudgens don't have parents?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:34 AM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:44 AM
Heh.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:12 AM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 03:44 AM
the concert sounds boring anyway
Old 09-17-2007, 01:36 AM   #24
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Is it the same size venue? Maybe metal is just a dying breed these days... Were they selling out the HOB?

I don't know. It's Disney and clearchannel, they always do some questionable shit.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:41 AM   #25
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Is it the same size venue? Maybe metal is just a dying breed these days... Were they selling out the HOB?
Metal a dying breed??? Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

There's metal concerts in the L.A. area every other week.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #26
Refugee

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bunbury

[/QUOTE

Yeah, that was a pretty laughable one

I don't know about the rest of the country, but down here Metal is alive and healthy, and the HOB is always packed.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by tpsreports2424
yes let's blame Disney for someone's drug problems, that's great lol.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #28
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Bunbury

What assumption? Maybe you didn't notice that the sentence started with a "maybe".

I'm sure metal is alive and well for many, but the quality, or at least what's getting labeled as "metal" these days is definately on the decline.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:46 PM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

What assumption? Maybe you didn't notice that the sentence started with a "maybe".

I'm sure metal is alive and well for many, but the quality, or at least what's getting labeled as "metal" these days is definately on the decline.
Saying maybe is an assumption.
Many of the metal bands that are being moved from Disney HOB are pretty underground and "quality."
Old 09-19-2007, 01:27 AM   #30
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Saying maybe is an assumption.
Really? Where I come from 'maybe' means it "might be", like it might be blue, but then again it could be green...

Maybe you just aren't used to it used that way.

Quote:

Many of the metal bands that are being moved from Disney HOB are pretty underground and "quality."
I'm pretty far removed from the metal scene these days, but there was a time when I enjoyed quite a bit of it, and was actually thrown into several local scenes for awhile due to the fact that I was in a "hard rock" side project and we got lumped into venues with metal acts. I was quite appalled by what I saw; a lack of singers and a lack of talent. Now I know metal isn't for everyone, but it used to be that it took talent and it had some of the most underrated singers. But what I saw then and what I see now is that if you know a few power chords and can find a guy that can growl into a mic, you have a band. The Mike Pattons and even the Maynards are few and far between, everyone would just rather growl loud mumblings into a mic, they don't even know how to solo anymore... it's quite sad.