Havin' A Heatwave, A Tropical Randoooom Heatwave....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: Hi Kariann! :D

I had something to give you for your birthday when you were here (besides breakfast :sexywink: ) and totally forgot to give it to you. :der::der::der: Watch your mail! It's nothing big, but I feel dumb.

Also...

I got a Hawaii/U2-themed gift from Shari in the mail today! :love: THANKS!!!

It just stretches out your birthday a few more days and that can't be ALL bad, right??

:| I did not apply for the new job. I'm not sure the extra money is worth the hassle of working downtown. It's downtown Minneapolis. If it was in downtown St Paul then I would do it for sure because it would be so much closer to school and where I plan to move to. The extra money would equal about what I make at job #2. I'd have to give up #2 during the week because I'm not sure if I would make it in time coming from downtown.

It's just a way out of my miserable job. But I already have a way out. I just need it to be January soooooo bad right now! I don't think I've ever wished for it to be winter ever in my life! :huh:

My brother is going to kill me. I had him help me out with my cover letter last night. I might still apply. Or I might just lie and say I did and never heard back :uhoh:

arw9797 said:

It's just a way out of my miserable job. But I already have a way out. I just need it to be January soooooo bad right now! I don't think I've ever wished for it to be winter ever in my life! :huh:

My brother is going to kill me. I had him help me out with my cover letter last night. I might still apply. Or I might just lie and say I did and never heard back :uhoh:

There were times where it felt like I was wishing the summer away when I was waiting to find out about getting my new position.

You could always revamp the cover letter a bit for future jobs so it would still be useful.

I would apply and see what happens. You never know...maybe they'll call you, you'll get an interview, and find that getting into a better situation might be worth the commute and giving up job #2 during the week. The commute would be longer, but once you got home you'd be home for the night.

Good Morning :|

I just want to take a shower...........too many storms, too much lightening........woke up with migraine............jerking leg..........have to go to work..........:happy:

migraine just about gone, now I am just spacey.......can we all just move the clock hands forward to 2pm? :shrug:

How about 4:30 pm? That would be great. You'd be out of work fo an hour and a half, and I'd be happily counting my drawer at work!

Today I officially decided that I have to march my ass to the Gap in the nearby mall and beg for a part time sales job. :sigh:

^going back to the darkside PT? :wink:

I am going to eat dinner and then watch many episodes of HOUSE~I bought the second season

:|

I have two cousins that are pregnant and due the same time. One is a 1st cousin that is pratically like a sister to me. Our moms are sisters so we spent tons of time together as kids. The other is a 3rd cousin from LA that lived here to be closer to some family. There's more of us here than in LA. However, the second she landed in MN she found a boy and moved far away from the family and has only shown up at one Thanksgiving dinner in the last 4 years and that's it. I've seen her family in LA more times in 4 years than I've seen her and she lives in the same state as me. :| Anyways.......my 1st cousin that is pregnant is having a baby shower with the entire family in a few weeks. I think the 3rd cousin is trying to compete. Those 2 talk a little in email now that they are pregnant but otherwise I don't think they really have had anything to do with each other.

My point...I don't know this girl. None of us do. I feel like she's just asking for a gift. I hate that! She's inviting the same family members to hers that my 1st cousin is but the difference is we all know my 1st cousin. She spelled my last name wrong on my invitation and my mom said she did that same on hers. :der: I'm just pissed that I have to buy 2 baby gifts for the same week :mad: It would be different if I knew this girl :happy: It would be totally different if she had made an effort to spend time with us at family functions instead of ignoring that she was invited to be with us.

:shifty: sorry...you can ignore me. I'm going to work :D Maybe I'll look for a baby gift on the clearance rack :)

shari schultz said:
^going back to the darkside PT? :wink:
The darkside potentially can pay me more than another PT job because I would come on board with a vast array of knowledge they wouldn't have to teach me. That was worth at least $9 or 10 an hour in my district. :drool:

arw9797 said:

I have two cousins that are pregnant and due the same time. One is a 1st cousin that is pratically like a sister to me. Our moms are sisters so we spent tons of time together as kids. The other is a 3rd cousin from LA that lived here to be closer to some family. There's more of us here than in LA. However, the second she landed in MN she found a boy and moved far away from the family and has only shown up at one Thanksgiving dinner in the last 4 years and that's it. I've seen her family in LA more times in 4 years than I've seen her and she lives in the same state as me. :| Anyways.......my 1st cousin that is pregnant is having a baby shower with the entire family in a few weeks. I think the 3rd cousin is trying to compete. Those 2 talk a little in email now that they are pregnant but otherwise I don't think they really have had anything to do with each other.

My point...I don't know this girl. None of us do. I feel like she's just asking for a gift. I hate that! She's inviting the same family members to hers that my 1st cousin is but the difference is we all know my 1st cousin. She spelled my last name wrong on my invitation and my mom said she did that same on hers. :der: I'm just pissed that I have to buy 2 baby gifts for the same week :mad: It would be different if I knew this girl :happy: It would be totally different if she had made an effort to spend time with us at family functions instead of ignoring that she was invited to be with us.

:shifty: sorry...you can ignore me. I'm going to work :D Maybe I'll look for a baby gift on the clearance rack :)

We were running into that kind of thing with graduations a few years ago. My dad is one of 10 and we've never been very close to his side of the family so there are relatives who had children that we never even met and they were sending graduation invitations so it was pretty evident they only wanted a check.

I bought a long sleeve/pant one piece thingy for a boy. Original price $18.00. ARW's price of clearance plus discount = $5.20 :drool: :drool: :drool: That's all she's getting from me! :mad: It's really cute. I'm tempted to spell her name wrong on the card :|

Bon Ton is closing the State Street Chicago Carson, Pirie, Scott store in March of 2007....................:ohmy:
Can't wait to see what else is coming
I hope the person I know there can transfer to another store.........according to the article announcing this news, the associates will have to interview with the stores first.
:heart: Rich :heart:
I feel so bad for all the State Streeters...............

Last edited:
Schmeg said:

The darkside potentially can pay me more than another PT job because I would come on board with a vast array of knowledge they wouldn't have to teach me. That was worth at least $9 or 10 an hour in my district. :drool:
I can see why the darkside speaks loudly :)

Excellent shopping skills arw :up:!

shari schultz said:
Bon Ton is closing the State Street Chicago Carson, Pirie, Scott store in March of 2007....................:ohmy:
Can't wait to see what else is coming
I hope the person I know there can transfer to another store.........according to the article announcing this news, the associates will have to interview with the stores first.
:heart: Rich :heart:
I feel so bad for all the State Streeters...............

I've been laid off 4 times. My first time was in 1995 when the Minnetonka, MN Carson Pirie Scott store closed :sad: I LOVED that store! :scream: :sad:

Oh...and I love the State Street store. I've been there everytime I've ever gone to Chicago. :(

I've had to move stuff in and out of my office 3 times because I'm getting a new desk that apparently only one person knows how to put together :happy:.

I don't even know if I have any 3rd cousins :reject:. Before my grandfather's funeral a couple of months ago, it had been over 10 years before I saw my first cousins.

OMG there's a car race on right now called the Sharpie 500. :drool:

arw9797 said:
I got a package from Wisconsin today!!!!!!!!! :love:

Thanks Shari!!!!
The cheese hadn't melted, I hope :wink: ( just kidding, no cheese was actually harmed/mailed; ignore lame attempt at humor at 6:43 am)...
Enjoy the RHCP and you are welcome!

laid off from CPS :( Store closings are always so sad. I watched Gimbels disappear before my eyes..........

I started my Job 2 last night and I think I'm really going to like this one.

I also found out that it could be possible at Job 1 we might do 4 ten hour days when we split the shifts in a couple weeks so I could end up having 3 day weekends! :drool: In my old position ten hour days would have driven me to living in a padded room but now the day goes so fast it would be easier.

I applied for my Job #2 today and I have a group interview Monday night! Think Dark Side thoughts for me, everyone!!

I'm hungry. I'm hoping all goes well on Monday and I can afford food again. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom