Haunted school gym, Aulfordsville (sic), Indiana, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Initial thoughts:

Murky-sounding mix, like Achtung Baby. Drumming's very WOWY. Edge is doing some crazy things, as is Adam. Bono's vocals need to be remixed, he's peaking on the highs.

Strong push by the the rhythm section. The song doesn't really go anywhere or build up, unfortunately, but upon further reflection that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's a new sonic direction, all right.

This song needs a lot more than one listen to get the true scope of it.

I enjoyed GOYB alright on the first listen, but that was definitely better. Cool guitar, strong rhythm, catchy. God I hope it doesn't decline in my estimation. I enjoyed that. Bring on the album!

I dunno how much of that murkiness was the song, and how much was the underwater feed...

But I enjoyed that. Dare I say it...

:hyper:

And this sounds like ZooTV Desire with the woobly feed. *L*

That wasn't really like anything U2 have ever done before - and when you're saying this about U2, then it's something pretty different.

Hmmm, I didn't like that as much as I thought I would, but I think it's almost definitely a song that'll grow on people.

Hmmm, I didn't like that as much as I thought I would, but I think it's almost definitely a song that'll grow on people.

I hope it's a grower, because I definitely rocked along with that and I'd like it to stay with me rather than being some paper-thin Vertigoish rocker that I got tired of fast. It was hard to tell much from the watery feed.

I like how it's obviously all one song and not three or more all mashed haphazardly together.

I think I want to hear this album now...

E-LE-VAY-SHUN!! :yippie:

ELEVATION

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

clf

I hope it's a grower, because I definitely rocked along with that and I'd like it to stay with me rather than being some paper-thin Vertigoish rocker that I got tired of fast. It was hard to tell much from the watery feed.

I don't think this is gonna be Vertigo-ish. Even from the bad-quality feed, it sounded pretty complex, with more layers to discover when we get a good quality version!

Dammit, now how will I sleep? Oh and Kim failed hard. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom