Harry Potter - WARNING - READ ONLY IF FINISHED BOOK 6 - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2005, 08:29 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:28 AM
Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by wizard2c
Destiny can mean death......I believe she mentions that Harry's life ends..and the series would end. To me, it makes no sense as from what I read she hasn't started book 7 yet......and to me it's like ending something before it has even begun.

A better strategy would be just to start writing and see where the road leads instead of plotting a destination.

carol
wizard2c
She's already written the final chapter. She wrote it a long time ago, to give her a goal of sorts, something achievable. Plus, it's his last year at Hogwarts (and I do believe he will go back, all the books go by "year one at Hogwarts, year two, ect."). But you never know. She could extend the series, write spin-offs, ect.

at least we'll always have fanfiction like the great one my friend and I "wrote" involving Bono as Lupin

As for the sixth book, I thought it was quite good...the best? I'm not sure. But I don't think it was the worst. It was very well done.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:02 AM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 11:28 AM

Sorry about that...I meant Rowling instead of Rowland {guess my mind was in South Texas when I made that mistake}.

So you're saying she's already written the final chapter of book 7 but not the previous chapters yet?

carol
wizard2c

Old 07-21-2005, 04:09 AM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:28 PM
I think we all no what will happen, Harrywilll fight he who will notr be named, then as they fight to the death, the true hero will kill He who must not be named, of course it is Neville, who will do it, well it could happen, be a good twist
Old 07-21-2005, 05:48 AM   #34
Refugee

I'm afraid to say it quite possible Neville will be the one to kill Voldemort. Several clues lead to it
Old 07-21-2005, 06:53 AM   #35
Refugee

Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by wizard2c
Destiny can mean death......I believe she mentions that Harry's life ends..and the series would end. To me, it makes no sense as from what I read she hasn't started book 7 yet......and to me it's like ending something before it has even begun.

A better strategy would be just to start writing and see where the road leads instead of plotting a destination.

carol
wizard2c
What?!? It has always been planned as 7 years/7 books. Meeting his destiny just means confronting Voldemort, I have no idea where you are getting death from, although it is a possibility. Have you ever read a fantasy series where the ending is not in sight? It isn't pretty. (I'm looking right at you, Robert Jordan).
Old 07-21-2005, 03:01 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by IrishDawg
I'm afraid to say it quite possible Neville will be the one to kill Voldemort. Several clues lead to it
Well the last book will show all, at least it better.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:03 PM   #37
Refugee

Local Time: 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by schnazdoodle
I know what snogging is - but there's been a lot of 'shipper' usage - what does that mean??

It's not in the above dictionary - and I've heard it used a lot lately (Shippers hope this...Shippers want that...)
"Shipper" is the fanfiction term for fans who want to see a relationship between two characters.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:49 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:28 AM
Re: Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by bsp77

Have you ever read a fantasy series where the ending is not in sight? It isn't pretty. (I'm looking right at you, Robert Jordan).
The first four WOT books are great. Then.... ugh.... Rand uses the bathroom. In excruciating detail. Let's cut to Nynaeve braiding her hair... in the dream world... in excruciating detail... back to Rand on the john...
Old 07-22-2005, 06:58 AM   #39
Refugee

Re: Re: Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon

The first four WOT books are great. Then.... ugh.... Rand uses the bathroom. In excruciating detail. Let's cut to Nynaeve braiding her hair... in the dream world... in excruciating detail... back to Rand on the john...
Just in case you still care. The 11th book comes out on October and they are saying it is the next to last, so it might end after all. Despite some of the tedium, I really want to read the last book.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:28 AM   #40
Refugee

Local Time: 03:28 AM
An interesting article on Half-Blood Prince:

http://www.slate.com/id/2123105/?nav=ais
Old 07-22-2005, 10:20 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Interesting article, some truth to it
Old 07-22-2005, 11:15 AM   #42
Refugee

I don't think that Half-Blood Prince will feel dated because of terrorism type activity. This is always a relevant concern for people.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:25 AM   #43
Refugee

"Shipper" is the fanfiction term for fans who want to see a relationship between two characters.

What do you mean by relationship? Like romance and love? I try to understand Harry's character as best that I can......but I am truly not that involved in the Harry Potter scheme of things.

Old 07-22-2005, 03:02 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:28 AM
Just finished the book a few hours ago.

All I have to say is Wow. Maybe I'm blind, but I never thought Dumbledore would be the one to die. (I'm actually sort of relieved, I was afraid she was going to kill off Ron.) I'm even more shocked that it was Snape who did it. I never doubted that Snape was on the side of the Order, mostly because Dumbledore didn't. The more Harry became convinced Snape was up to no good, the more sure I was that he would turn out to be wrong.

I still don't think he's truly on Voldy's side. It just wouldn't be right for Dumbledore to die because he made a mistake. In the death scene, it said for the the first time Dumbledore was pleading. He wasn't concerned about death when confronted by Malfoy or the other Death Eaters, but suddenly he was pleading with Snape. I think he was begging Snape to kill him, although I have no clue why. It could be that he needed Snape to keep his Unbreakable Vow in order to prove himself to the Death Eaters...still that seems like a minor thing to sacrifice yourself for, doesn't it?

That's an interesting theory that R.A.B was Sirius's brother, that makes loads of sense. I hadn't thought of that, and it was killing me to know who those initials stood for.

I also think that Neville will play some role in eventually doing in Voldy in. Ron and Hermione are just there as his friends, but I think there must be a reason that Neville has so many parallels with Harry and is becoming more important to the plot as it progresses. It's too much of a coincidence and I think it'd be a waste of a character if he turned out not to be important in any particular way.

/dorky rant

I was sceptical before (and the 6th still has nothing on the 3rd book), but now I'm really hyped for the 7th!
Old 07-22-2005, 03:52 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Glad to see you enjoied it,I think 4 is the best flowed by 3, then 6.