Harry Potter predictions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harry will die, Ron and Herminey will get married and the school will be shut down by the Wizard saftey council due to unsafe practices, deaths and rats.

Whatever happens, I greatly look forward to the resulting mass hysteria on the internet, because you KNOW people are going to freak out no matter how it ends.

The movie one week, the new and final book the next. It's the Potterdammerung!

:drool: :drool: :drool:

well I'm thinking that Harry's going to die(for those who haven't read the book you may not understand what this one word is) because he's been accidently made in to a Horcrux and that's the reason for the scar and the parseltongue and seeing in to Voldemorts thoughts, and I think that Neville is going to kill Voldemort because he'll be there along with other members of the DA and in the end the "prophecy" will really have been about Neville. Sort of like...Voldemort rages at Harry, Neville gets pissed and kills Voldemort from behind.

And I'm even starting to wonder if maybe that one main character isn't dead and maybe Snape was really behind how to make it look like the character were dead, but in reality he'll really be a good guy and try to save Harry.

ah....and I think the vow that Snape made....was to protect rather than finish off someone

Headache in a Suitcase said:
right before the climax, when it appears that harry is about to die you will turn the page and all the text will cut to black.

you will then feel the sudden urge to listen to journey.

OMG that would be HORRIBLE if it just cut out that way.....lmao omg.....now I'm nervous! lol

Easy stuff first:

- Ron & Hermione get together
- Harry & Ginny stay together

Random stuff:

- Curious to see if Harry's still safe at the Dursleys'. It was Dumbledore's spell that extended the blood protection to Harry's mother's family's home. Now that Dumbledore's dead, the spell should be broken...

Big Stuff

- Snape will be good in the end, somehow. I refuse to think that Dumbledore's final words consisted of him begging for his life. I think that Dumbledore had arranged with Snape long ago that at some point, it would be Snape who kills him. That, I believe, is part of why he trusted Snape so much--he knew that his life was in his hands. Could be evidenced by the bit in HBP where Hagrid tells the kids Dumbledore & Snape had a row, with Snape saying, "You assume too much---maybe I don't want to do it anymore." Could fit with not wanting to stay with the Order, or could fit with him not wanting to do what Dumbledore had set him to do---kill him. All the hatred with which Snape kills him kinda speaks against this..but maybe Snape hated that he had to do it and that's what came out. Who knows.

- Voldemort will die because he has Harry's blood in him. In Book 4, when Harry's telling Dumbledore the story of how Voldemort used Harry's blood to regain form, Rowling writes that Harry thinks he sees a look of triumph in Dumbledore's face for a split second. Since Harry's blood is imprinted with love, and that love is now coursing through Voldemort's veins, it's love that will somehow bring him down. It's been the theme throughout the whole series.

- I can't decide if Harry will die or not. I don't think he's a Horcrux, but I wouldn't place money against it. I just re-read HBP & there's something Dumbledore says in it that really makes me think that Harry isn't a Horcrux, but I can't remember what it is.

All in all, I expect it's going to be an AWESOME book!

Utoo said:
Easy stuff first:

- Ron & Hermione get together
- Harry & Ginny stay together

Random stuff:

- Curious to see if Harry's still safe at the Dursleys'. It was Dumbledore's spell that extended the blood protection to Harry's mother's family's home. Now that Dumbledore's dead, the spell should be broken...

Big Stuff

- Snape will be good in the end, somehow. I refuse to think that Dumbledore's final words consisted of him begging for his life. I think that Dumbledore had arranged with Snape long ago that at some point, it would be Snape who kills him. That, I believe, is part of why he trusted Snape so much--he knew that his life was in his hands. Could be evidenced by the bit in HBP where Hagrid tells the kids Dumbledore & Snape had a row, with Snape saying, "You assume too much---maybe I don't want to do it anymore." Could fit with not wanting to stay with the Order, or could fit with him not wanting to do what Dumbledore had set him to do---kill him. All the hatred with which Snape kills him kinda speaks against this..but maybe Snape hated that he had to do it and that's what came out. Who knows.

- Voldemort will die because he has Harry's blood in him. In Book 4, when Harry's telling Dumbledore the story of how Voldemort used Harry's blood to regain form, Rowling writes that Harry thinks he sees a look of triumph in Dumbledore's face for a split second. Since Harry's blood is imprinted with love, and that love is now coursing through Voldemort's veins, it's love that will somehow bring him down. It's been the theme throughout the whole series.

- I can't decide if Harry will die or not. I don't think he's a Horcrux, but I wouldn't place money against it. I just re-read HBP & there's something Dumbledore says in it that really makes me think that Harry isn't a Horcrux, but I can't remember what it is.

All in all, I expect it's going to be an AWESOME book!

Great points :up:

I really do think Dumbledore will be coming back. His character is linked too deeply to a phoenix and there were clues at the end of HBP to point to something askew.

I know. I never remember what happened in the previous book by the time the new one comes out.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I really do think Dumbledore will be coming back. His character is linked too deeply to a phoenix and there were clues at the end of HBP to point to something askew.

:up:
- Rowling left it open ended from the moment she said that people could be Animagi without the ministry's consent. I've always had the notion that Dumbledore is an animagus, not Fawkes though. It would make a tad of sense if Fawkes was the one who helped Harry in the Chamber of Secrets.
Anyway, I think Dumbledore will return.

- Snape is definitely not evil. There were keywords since book 4 to suggest that he has something to do for Dumbledore at a later point in time. I saw an interview with Rowling where she says that the 3rd movie hinted at future things from the books unknowingly. One of them is that Remus and Lily might have had a deeper relationship than just friends and second is the fact that Snape stood in front of the kids when the werewolf attacked.
Not to mention all the times that Hagrid, Lupin and Dumbledore have defended Snape against any evil inklings that Harry has had.
Anyway, Utoo is right about Dumbledore not begging for his life. A) There's no way that a character as strong as he would ever beg for his life. It's completely out of character.
B) The way Dumbledore trusts prophecies and kinda lives on the accuracy of them tells me that he knew what he was headed for and he knew that Snape would have be the one to kill him in order for everything to fall accordingly to plan. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a chapter entitled "The Last Prophecy" or something like that.

- I don't think Sirius is out of the picture. While I can accept that he's dead, there's a little loophole in the 5th book that makes it seem like Harry can talk to him again. Harry and Sirius share these mirrors, if I remember correctly, where they can talk to each other. I've always thought that Harry could take Sirius' mirror and chuck it through the veil. It's just a thought.

- Rowling has always made it a point to insist that there are two key facts about Lily. One was that her wand was very good with charms (possibly the reason why Harry was still alive, some sort of "love charm"). The other is that Harry has his mother's eyes. I'm not sure what the significance of this is. She's never even touched upon them.

Either way, I'm excited. I've been rereading the whole series. I've just started book five, my second favorite! And this will be my second time reading book six, so I'll definitely catch some stuff I've missed before.

LMAO omg Bonocomet....that's hystarical!!!!!!!!!!

alright...wow.....ok I just finished re-reading HBP too and yeah okay I started tearing up again when Dumbeldore gets killed, but at the same time I started thinking.....he and Snape could have worked out a plan, Snape could have killed an animal or something in a tree behind Dumbeldore or shot the unforgivable curse at him and missed, yet Dumbeldore cast a spell on himself to make it look as if he were dead.

I never ever even thought about him being an Animigi. Although....when Fawkes is crying at the end of HBP, would they really have let him fly away from Dumbledore if he weren't dead? That's kind of cruel to do to Fawkes.....doesnt he die then?
Guess I just have a pretty soft spot for Fawkes.

I don't remember that part of HBP when Snapes telling Dumbeldore he doesnt want any part of something, anymore. I guess I'll have to finish the Order and then go back again to HBP.

It would be quite a drastic turn to see that Lupin and Lilly had more than a friendship....and I have to believe Sirius, unfortunetly, is gone for good.

Two words:

ALIEN APOCALYPSE
alienapocalypse.jpg

i just read a report from some hack , who managed to steal the book

big spoilers

so much for mystery

And They Told Him To :>>>

Keep IT Dark

i hope those reports are not true , crappy ending and all ....

Dumbledore and the Phoenix link tells us something, but I'm not sure how much he'll be back. Whether dead or not Dumbledore made Harry promise to go back to Privet Drive once more so I'm sure the spell still works. Dumbledore was definately begging Snape to kill him, though.

I've read them all 3 times and starting Sunday or Monday I'm going to start the cycle again to be ready for book 7. Ideally I'd take that week off from work and read them all in 5 days (I did 5 in 5 days a few months before 6 came out) but that ain't gonna happen.

So I don't care about the movies, because although I've heard a million times they got better, watchign the first two kind of ruined my private vision of the books. There's all this hype about how INTENSE it is that the movie and book come out so close to eachother, but what would really be intense is if a U2 album and Harry Potter were coming out on the same day. I'd ask what everyone would do first, but since a U2 album takes 50 minutes to experience once and Harry anywhere from 8-xxx hours depending on how fast you read, the obvious answer is to listen to the U2 album once (possibly 2-3 times) and then launch into Harry. But emotionally I don't think I could handle the excitement of anticipation or the absorbing of 2 amazing new things tjat I love a lot at once.

Back
Top Bottom