Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
hi ian, i don't wanna talk about di

i told them last night to start their own di thread in b+c

Why? This is a chat thread. DI needs a chat thread. Chat threads belong in OOC. A lot of the people in the Superthreads are in DI, so it's kind of a big deal.

but some of us want to talk about other things and it gets ignored so we go away, which is sad for us

i am really digging the appleseed cast. eits guy's taste in music ftw

Varitek said:
hey thread

i haven'td one any work this afternoon but i've added 1000 songs to my itunes library

Sounds like a far more worthwhile to spend your afternoon, really.

Varitek said:
but some of us want to talk about other things and it gets ignored so we go away, which is sad for us

Awww. How sad. Maybe if people wanted to talk about other things, they would. But it's a really big part of what a lot of us are doing right now. Can you understand that? Seriously, it's not like we're intentionally ignoring things. At least I'm not. I just reply to what I'm interested in.

phillyfan26 said:
Dark Side of the Moon is the best produced album I've ever heard.

I suppose it depends on which edition you've got, but I don't think the one I have is worthy of such a title. Some parts of it feel a little flat, like the individual instruments are not crisp enough.

Axver said:
I suppose it depends on which edition you've got, but I don't think the one I have is worthy of such a title. Some parts of it feel a little flat, like the individual instruments are not crisp enough.

Didn't notice that on either of my first two listens.

And doesn't Gilmour prefer a flatter sound anyway? I thought that was why he never played Gibson's.

Varitek said:

I don't think I've done this. Usually what you have to say is more interesting than the Aussies. I don't trust Aussies.

phillyfan26 said:

And doesn't Gilmour prefer a flatter sound anyway? I thought that was why he never played Gibson's.

Why would anyone prefer their music to be flat - i.e. to lack dynamics and crispness?

phillyfan26 said:

:eyebrow: I'm not sure I follow what you mean about a "flat" sound. Gibson's definitely have a dark tone. Not crisp at all. Crisp is Fender.

Varitek said:
i fucking love manny ramirez

And I love Felix Hernandez. Currently, he's the best pitcher in baseball. He's especially the best pitcher under 25.

EDIT: I should have said American league. I don't pay much attention to the National league.

Last edited:
the tourist said:
:eyebrow: I'm not sure I follow what you mean about a "flat" sound. Gibson's definitely have a dark tone. Not crisp at all. Crisp is Fender.

I played a Fender and a Gibson on the same amp once and found the Gibson to be significantly crisper in sound. The Fender was more chimy, the Gibson darker and crisper. :shrug:

OK folks, I've an essay to hand in to uni, Porcupine Tree tickets to collect, and lunch to have with a friend. At least the latter two of those sound good. I'll see you lot later. :wave:

phillyfan26 said:

I gave up trying to figure him out about six years ago.

ironically, and this killed nsw when i just reminded him of it, manny was our 2nd choice in that off season, after one...mike mussina

shut up joe castiglione, don't jinx it!

("the red sox have never had a man hit 4 in one night, could this be the night")

(i'm going to tomorrow's game, he's got 2 tonight and needs 5 more to get to 500. i've been fantasizing about seeing 500 for 2 years. but probably it'll be next week. my mom's going only next tuesday)

go vazza!

the tourist said:

And I love Felix Hernandez. Currently, he's the best pitcher in baseball. He's especially the best pitcher under 25.

Cole Hamels is damn good, too, though. Not saying he's better, but he's up there.

Varitek said:
ironically, and this killed nsw when i just reminded him of it, manny was our 2nd choice in that off season, after one...mike mussina

shut up joe castiglione, don't jinx it!

("the red sox have never had a man hit 4 in one night, could this be the night")

(i'm going to tomorrow's game, he's got 2 tonight and needs 5 more to get to 500. i've been fantasizing about seeing 500 for 2 years. but probably it'll be next week. my mom's going only next tuesday)

go vazza!

Ha. He's from New York so I give him a pass on being a Yankees fan. I cannot stand out-of-NY Yanks fans.

Have fun at the games. I'm still disappointed my trip to CBP doesn't work with your schedule.

phillyfan26 said:

I played a Fender and a Gibson on the same amp once and found the Gibson to be significantly crisper in sound. The Fender was more chimy, the Gibson darker and crisper. :shrug:

Ummmm, what kinds of pickups were you playing with? Because single-coil pickups (which are standard in Fender guitars) are known to be extremely, extremely crisp, whereas dual-coil pickups (which are standard in Gibson guitars), also known as humbuckers, are very, very dark and smooth in tone. :huh:

phillyfan26 said:

Cole Hamels is damn good, too, though. Not saying he's better, but he's up there.

I see he's done very well, so far. But really I don't know anything about him. :reject:

Actually, nevermind, it wasn't a Gibson. Fuck, I'm off my game today. I've been fucking up my thought processes on everything since 11 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom