Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my God. Axver, what is your take on White Light/White Heat? I've been waiting for this all night.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I still cannot get over the Al Green < Backstreet Boys comparison.

Maybe that was rash. The song was just boring the shit out of me.

Axver said:

Maybe that was rash. The song was just boring the shit out of me.

That's because it's for lovemaking, not harsh analysis... unless that's how she likes it.

LemonMelon said:
Oh my God. Axver, what is your take on White Light/White Heat? I've been waiting for this all night.

Not so sure the segue out of Moonage Daydream works. Not sure what to make of the song ... certainly not as good as something like Heroin.

I'm sorry, but the Randy Newman version of Mama Told Me Not To Come >>>>> Three Dog Night's. It's waaaaay too laid-back for me.

LemonMelon said:
I'm sorry, but the Randy Newman version of Mama Told Me Not To Come >>>>> Three Dog Night's. It's waaaaay too laid-back for me.

Please tell me that's sarcasm. :lol:

This Three Dog Night song is made of bleh. Articulate analysis, I know.

LemonMelon said:

:angry: I'm actually bored listening to this version. It won't end.

The irony in those statements kill me. I can understand the lack of articulate analyses, most of your spite was reserved for the Black People Section.

Oh yippee, Sonic Youth. Some of their songs haven't been bad, but Daydream Nation has got to be one of the most over-rated albums of all time.

This track isn't starting objectionably. Let's see how it goes.

LCD Soundsystem's singer sounds a little bit like the singer from The Divorce (one of the bands on my playlist that no one's heard of).

This is where I feel the list slows down and doesn't really recover. The Dylan track was a good idea at the time, too, back when I had a working concept.

Yeah, I enjoyed Unmade Bed. Cool use of distorted guitar.

At least Led Zep's bringing the predictable over-rated suckage.

LemonMacPhisto said:
This is where I feel the list slows down and doesn't really recover. The Dylan track was a good idea at the time, too, back when I had a working concept.

See, I'm expecting the EITS track to be the best moment of the whole list.

Led Zeppelin is a bit overrated (from the studio stuff I've heard)--that said, their live HTWWW triple album fucking kills.

the tourist said:
Led Zeppelin is a bit overrated (from the studio stuff I've heard)--that said, their live HTWWW triple album fucking kills.

Their studio work is underrated, IMO. No one ever really gets how strong the production really is. Zeppelin I punches you right in the chest, and Houses Of The Holy sounds excellent.

LemonMacPhisto said:

They're American, you know. Crazy factoid of the night.

And Munaf Rayani had a Texas flag over his amp when I saw them live in February.

Didn't change the fact it was one of the best gigs I've ever seen.

Axver said:

And Munaf Rayani had a Texas flag over his amp when I saw them live in February.

Didn't change the fact it was one of the best gigs I've ever seen.

What is the funk?

I am not, however, digging Phanan's Springsteen song. However, I will forgive it so far, as it flowed really well.

Dear Bob Dylan,

Please stop being a boring, rambly sort of guy.

Regards,
Ax

LemonMelon said:

Their studio work is underrated, IMO. No one ever really gets how strong the production really is. Zeppelin I punches you right in the chest, and Houses Of The Holy sounds excellent.

Oh know, I agree that the production is amazing from the studio. But I feel like the band is lacking the serious energy the songs deserve (as they're played live) on the albums.

Swing Low, Sweet Chariot? :lol:

I just have a mental image of English cricket fans belting this out during the Ashes as England's down by 300 runs, losing wickets steadily, and their cause looks increasingly hopeless. Onya, Barmy Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom