Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

You completed missed the point of the album. It sounds great stripped down.

No doubt it does. The production positively kills it for me, though it isn't a particularly great record lyrically either.

If it had a complex production then it would be Machina.

But they're on completely different lyrical planes, they're not even similar. Zeitgeist is far more extroverted and socio-political.

I prefer this style. Billy writes heartfelt music. It isn't fucking My Bloodly Valentine.

And MBV isn't heartfelt? I feel more warmth and joy listening to a minute of Only Shallow than most of the Pumpkins' discography combined.

The album is beautiful in its anger and rage.

Then they all are. The album isn't anything new for the band, it's just more abrasive musically.

I'm starting to doubt your musical tastes.

Please don't. I'm honestly surprised to hear it defended on this scale, considering it received a ton of negative press, though not all of it was warranted.

This doesn't seem quite like the Oasis songs I remember from the radio.

unico said:
wow elmael that takes a laot fo skikll to do that

I practice my hand-eye coordination, Mia. It comes in handy. I used to miss the keyboard by a mile before I started posting 1516561117 times a day.

LemonMelon said:

Please don't. I'm honestly surprised to hear it defended on this scale, considering it received a ton of negative press, though not all of it was warranted.

Don't always trust the press. Sometimes I find you to be a bit too commercial. I find Zeitgeist to be a good album and my tastes shouldn't be called into question over it. I will defend it because I really like it.

Now time for Peter Gabriel's Book Of Love. I really only know his work with Genesis - which isn't very good.

oh elmeel i jsut remembereded that caarbonleaf is playing in baltirmoe this summer. i knwo that is kind of far for you...asll they are playgin at powerplant, which i thimk might be 21 and up. but you should find out anwyay and try to go they are amazzing live and you need to listen to some more local musci

That Peter Gabriel song was dull. I think it was meant to be positive but it sounded so drab.

Now for Bowie's Heroes. I must admit, there was a cover of this done in the late nineties, and although I forget who did it, I think I actually prefer it over the original.

Yeah, some of you are so coming to kill me now.

Screwtape2 said:

Remind me to send you Security sometime. You might appreciate the rhythms and beats. It is quite unique in that department.

I have heard good things about some of his solo work, that he's branched out into some interesting and different stuff, so I would like to hear some of the better work he's done post-Genesis.

unico said:
oh elmeel i jsut remembereded that caarbonleaf is playing in baltirmoe this summer. i knwo that is kind of far for you...asll they are playgin at powerplant, which i thimk might be 21 and up. but you should find out anwyay and try to go they are amazzing live and you need to listen to some more local musci

It does sound like fun, actually. Maybe I could fit in a trip out there. That is, if I can get in.

Screwtape2 said:

I know but you shouldn't trust everything the press says. It is about individual tastes. LemonMelon needs to remember that.

... but he's not swallowing press wholesale. He's pointing out that your strong defence of the album is surprising in light of its poor reception and lack of popularity. It's like how I maintain October is a quality album in the face of the widespread "one of U2's worst moments" attitude.

Screwtape2 said:

I know but you shouldn't trust everything the press says. It is about individual tastes. LemonMelon needs to remember that.

But I've familiarized myself with the album already. Just bringing up the press to make a point that my opinion isn't quite a lone one, that's all.

Are you upset with me about something, Screwtape? You sound a bit tense tonight.

Now onto RHCP's Hard To Concentrate. I think the only song I've heard from Stadium Arcadium is Snow (Hey Oh).

unico said:
oh i hope you can get in beause i think iyou will like them a lot they really put on a great show

Pretty sure I would like them a lot. Another band I want to see over the summer is Weezer, if they ever drop by. I've heard many great things about their live show.

Axver said:
Now onto RHCP's Hard To Concentrate. I think the only song I've heard from Stadium Arcadium is Snow (Hey Oh).

Wet Sand is my favorite RHCP track, which is from that album.

I love everything about RHCP that's not Anthony Kiedis.

Axver said:

... but he's not swallowing press wholesale. He's pointing out that your strong defence of the album is surprising in light of its poor reception and lack of popularity. It's like how I maintain October is a quality album in the face of the widespread "one of U2's worst moments" attitude.

But he is questioning my musical tastes over what the press says. How fucked up is that? :shrug:

Screwtape2 said:

But he is questioning my musical tastes over what the press says. How fucked up is that? :shrug:

He's not! You're distorting his statements. I think his surprise at your liking of the album is quite similar to the "how can you not like Achtung Baby?" attitude that I often receive. Certainly not "your musical tastes are wrong because you disagree with the press".

Axver said:
Now for Bowie's Heroes. I must admit, there was a cover of this done in the late nineties, and although I forget who did it, I think I actually prefer it over the original.

The full version of Bowie's Heroes is my second favorite song ever.

unico said:
omgg wtf i am suach a ahrorrible friend11 i will send you some but maybe alter like tomrorwo or something you have ro remeidn me though, k/

:hug: If I see you on the board, I will. Thanks. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom