Haiku Valley Superthread - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2008, 12:12 PM   #331
The Male

Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

Believe me, I know. I certainly didn't want to be in Group 4.

But I pulled names out of a hat, to eliminate any bias. I thought that was the most fair.
Oh, OK. I honestly thought you were joking with the hat thing before. That explains it. Then I blame gravity causing the pieces of paper to fall into the hat the way they did.

Now.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #332
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:14 PM
I don't see group four as exceptionally bad myself.

By the way, who's in the next rounds? LM, obviously. If I don't have the tracklists of the others yet, I'll download them overnight.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-18-2008, 12:15 PM   #333
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:14 PM
Today's matches are:

Irishteen/Lemonchick vs. LMP
LM vs. me

Then we'll take a break over the weekend so people can listen to some more stuff.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:15 PM   #334
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I don't see group four as exceptionally bad myself.

By the way, who's in the next rounds? LM, obviously. If I don't have the tracklists of the others yet, I'll download them overnight.
LM/Phanan
Irishteen-Lemonchick/LMP

Or, whatever Phanan just said above.

Now.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:15 PM   #335
Vocal parasite

Quote:

There would probably be only three or four of us who'd be involved, unfortunately.
Yeah. It'd probably be just you and I for some of the early stuff, then a few others would come along for various albums.

Bit of a pain for me, because I really enjoy these Survivor tournaments but it looks like we're moving onto bands I'm not into. I know some Bowie but not that much. And Led Zep, I couldn't give two hoots.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-18-2008, 12:16 PM   #336
The Male

Quote:

There would probably be only three or four of us who'd be involved, unfortunately.
It would give me incentive to download more of their music, however.

Now.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:17 PM   #337
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Yeah. It'd probably be just you and I for some of the early stuff, then a few others would come along for various albums.

Bit of a pain for me, because I really enjoy these Survivor tournaments but it looks like we're moving onto bands I'm not into. I know some Bowie but not that much. And Led Zep, I couldn't give two hoots.
Yeah, I'm not really into Bowie that much, so I won't be involved with that one.

Led Zep, on the other hand, I would most certainly do.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #338
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Today's matches are:

Irishteen/Lemonchick vs. LMP
LM vs. me

Then we'll take a break over the weekend so people can listen to some more stuff.
Righto. I don't have Irishteen/Lemonchick or LMP, so I'll download those overnight.

Which will be soon, because it's 2:15am here and I'm just about drifting off at the computer.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #339
The Male

Quote:

Yeah, you must have enjoyed the constant bickering and inflammatory speech in the Radiohead survivor, even if you hated the music.

Now.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #340
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Yeah, you must have enjoyed the constant bickering and inflammatory speech in the Radiohead survivor, even if you hated the music.
No, I didn't pay it that much attention. Looked in now and then and a few threads brought the lulz. Is it done? If it's had its finals, I've honestly missed them.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #341
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

What the hell happened with the Radiohead one, anyway?

namkcuR sometimes goes long stretches between rounds, which kinda makes it tough to stay interested. I pretty much gave up on it.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #342
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Yeah, I'm not really into Bowie that much, so I won't be involved with that one.

Led Zep, on the other hand, I would most certainly do.
PFan and COBL_04 are trying their best to get me into Bowie. I'll vote on the albums I know, which are Low and Station To Station and maybe Ziggy Stardust but I didn't like it enough to listen a third time.

I am disappointed that it seems we're going to do Led Zep next rather than REM. Maybe I'll dig up the one or two Led Zep albums I downloaded to see if my opinion's changed at all. But REM would've been awesome and had plenty of participation.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #343
The Male

Quote:

No, I didn't pay it that much attention. Looked in now and then and a few threads brought the lulz. Is it done? If it's had its finals, I've honestly missed them.
We're in the b-side draws still, but there was a thread that received NO replies. I mean, damn. Anyway, I may take over for Nam, but only if it seems as if he's given up on it completely.

Now.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #344
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

PFan and COBL_04 are trying their best to get me into Bowie. I'll vote on the albums I know, which are Low and Station To Station and maybe Ziggy Stardust but I didn't like it enough to listen a third time.

I am disappointed that it seems we're going to do Led Zep next rather than REM. Maybe I'll dig up the one or two Led Zep albums I downloaded to see if my opinion's changed at all. But REM would've been awesome and had plenty of participation.
Zep wouldn't take that long - only 9 albums plus some obscure stuff.

I'd definitely be up for REM when that happens.

REM definitely would do well.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #345
Vocal parasite

Quote:

It would give me incentive to download more of their music, however.
This is the thing that almost makes me think a PT Survivor would be worth it. I know there are 4-5 of us who'd vote on every album, and various other people who have at least SOME albums and would be motivated to check out more by such a tournament.

Sure, it'd be low-key and we'd probably work out some quick, efficient format to avoid having a bazillion rounds, but it'd be fun.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread