Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

Wrong. The last Pumpkins record and American Gothic were really good. :down:

I'm losing faith in your musical taste. Zeitgeist was as far from good as Axver is from a box of Arctic Monkeys albums.

LemonMelon said:

I'm losing faith in your musical taste. Zeitgeist was as far from good as Axver is from a box of Arctic Monkeys albums.

I dug Zeitgeist when it first came out, then I listened to it recently and realized I only liked 3 tracks: Tarantula, Doomsday Clock, and United States.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I dug Zeitgeist when it first came out, then I listened to it recently and realized I only liked 3 tracks: Tarantula, Doomsday Clock, and United States.

It's good if you like listening to a gigantic wall of noise with no dynamics or melody for 60+ minutes.

At least listening to Metal Machine Music gives you indie cred.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I didn't bother with that album as I thought the singles sucked. I don't even remember the names of the singles.

Screwtape2 said:

You should generally avoid nineties REM. :wink:

Psh. What's The Frequency Kenneth? and Drive are two of the band's best songs.

Sure, the rest of Monster kinda sucks and Automatic For The People is hit and miss, but those two songs cover a multitude of sins.

LemonMelon said:

It's good if you like listening to a gigantic wall of noise with no dynamics or melody for 60+ minutes.

At least listening to Metal Machine Music gives you indie cred.

It beats Lou Reed rapping. :huh:

LemonMelon said:

:lmao:

LM FTW.

LemonMacPhisto said:

It beats Lou Reed rapping. :huh:

Well, yeah. I've made it through a solid 20 minutes of Metal Machine Music and find it to be far more compelling than that.

Screwtape2 said:

But it is so dumbed down musically. It is my One. I wouldn't mind it but it is so overrated. :wink:

At least acknowledge the start is a brilliant idea. I don't think you could call that dumbed down.

Varitek said:
i'm gonna watch a movie and go to sleep

See ya :wave:

I'm off, too. Gotta catch up on some sleep. Curious to see what Ax thinks of my playlist... :lol:

the tourist said:

You'll skip my inclusion of AM altogether, I suppose?

No, I start and finish every track to get the segues and at least some feel for it. The worst, I skip some of the middle though. :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Curious to see what Ax thinks of my playlist... :lol:

SPOILER:

home-alone-lr.jpg

LemonMacPhisto said:

See ya :wave:

I'm off, too. Gotta catch up on some sleep. Curious to see what Ax thinks of my playlist... :lol:

Damn, I was hoping you'd be around when I listen to it. Well, have a good night. Same to Vazza. :wave:

LemonMelon said:
Axver, did you ever make it through my list, or are you prolonging the inevitable?

I'll listen to it after LMP's.

Maybe before, if you're going to be around.

LemonMelon said:

I thought it was very well done. There are some damn fine songs there. You just can't appreciate the creativity in different approaches to the songs. Though I'm not surprised with your love of regular, radio friendly artists.

Just finished Major Panic's playlist. I like it as much as I liked Bono212's.

Screwtape2 said:

I thought it was very well done. There are some damn fine songs there. You just can't appreciate the creativity in different approaches to the songs. Though I'm not surprised with your love of regular, radio friendly artists.

Like U2, the reason we're all here?

Screwtape2 said:

:laugh: OK, OK...

Perhaps the shitty, wall-of-noise style production and lack of dynamics was intentional. Either way, My Bloody Valentine's Loveless does the same thing 100x as well, and doesn't shove unsubtle political messages down your throat. And come on, I can't appreciate it because of my love for radio-friendly artists? The radio has been playing That's the Way (My Love Is) to death for ages. This isn't high art, it's Siamese Dream with no discipline.

LemonMelon said:

:laugh: OK, OK...

Perhaps the shitty, wall-of-noise style production and lack of dynamics was intentional. Either way, My Bloody Valentine's Loveless does the same thing 100x as well, and doesn't shove unsubtle political messages down your throat. And come on, I can't appreciate it because of my love for radio-friendly artists? The radio has been playing That's the Way (My Love Is) to death for ages. This isn't high art, it's Siamese Dream with no discipline.

You completed missed the point of the album. It sounds great stripped down. If it had a complex production then it would be Machina. I prefer this style. Billy writes heartfelt music. It isn't fucking My Bloodly Valentine. The album is beautiful in its anger and rage. I'm starting to doubt your musical tastes.

Bah, got a phone call that interrupted listening to this tracklist more.

Now I'm just starting Oasis's Let There Be Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom