Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

Well one of those songs is Wish You Were Here, possibly one of Pink Floyd's worst.

I hope you realise you are the only person on earth who thinks this.

PFan's going to like the title track, just like the rest of us do.

Screwtape2 said:

Well one of those songs is Wish You Were Here, possibly one of Pink Floyd's worst.

I fucking love that song. It's probably their "classic rock radio station" track, but it's simple and effective.

LemonMelon said:

Let's not frighten the poor lad. The Wall is hardcore shit. And Axver would agree with that to some extent or another...

ANIMALS.

I cannot be frightened anymore. I listened to Axver's playlist and survived. :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

What about The Wall?

If we're doing it in terms of popularity, that's the next logical step.

There isn't a weak track on Meddle... even if there's only 5.

Nobody should ever listen to The Wall. They should be given a copy of Animals or WYWH with Comfortably Numb, Hey You, and Run Like Hell tacked onto the end as bonus tracks.

The only track on Meddle that I have listened to enough to even remember what it's like is One Of These Days. I remember there being another good song but I can't recall which now.

OK, I don't know this REM song, Be Mine. The only REM albums I have post-eighties are Automatic For The People and Monster.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Billy Corgan loves The Wall. That's gotta count for something.

Billy Corgan is pretentious cue-ball who hasn't made anything worthwhile since 1996.

By the way, guys, I'm going to be away for a week starting next Friday. Going to DECA in Atlanta.

Last year it was in Orlando and was fucking awesome.

Axver said:

Nobody should ever listen to The Wall. They should be given a copy of Animals or WYWH with Comfortably Numb, Hey You, and Run Like Hell tacked onto the end as bonus tracks.

The only track on Meddle that I have listened to enough to even remember what it's like is One Of These Days. I remember there being another good song but I can't recall which now.

Nobody Home, Mother, The Thin Ice, Another Brick on the Wall, Goodbye Blue Sky, and In the Flesh rule, too.

About Meddle:

Echoes?
Pillow of Winds?
Fearless?
San Tropez?

all kick ass.

unico said:
hav fun in htolanta pfan

In Dallas (where no one lives) two years ago, we were allowed to go pretty much wherever we wanted.

In ATL, they're a little too worried to let that happen.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Nobody Home, Mother, The Thin Ice, Another Brick on the Wall, Goodbye Blue Sky, and In the Flesh rule, too.

About Meddle:

Echoes?
Pillow of Winds?
Fearless?
San Tropez?

all kick ass.

No, they don't. Another Brick's got the catchy bass but that's about it.

And I forgot Echoes was on Meddle. I think of it separately, for whatever reason. So there's One Of These Days, Echoes, and an unidentified third song that I can't recall.

LemonMelon said:

Billy Corgan is pretentious cue-ball who hasn't made anything worthwhile since 1996.

I'd extend that to 2000. There's some good stuff on Machina - not much, but some.

Axver said:

No, they don't. Another Brick's got the catchy bass but that's about it.

And I forgot Echoes was on Meddle. I think of it separately, for whatever reason. So there's One Of These Days, Echoes, and an unidentified third song that I can't recall.

Agree to disagree, then. I love The Wall and its concept.

Either Pillow or Fearless. I prefer the former.

Be Mine seems like a middle of the road REM track. It ends somewhat strongly. I like it but it's not going to end up in any Axver's Top Ten REM Tracks list.

I need to get more nineties REM. Why do I not have Out Of Time and New Adventures? Epic phail by me.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Agree to disagree, then. I love The Wall and its concept.

Either Pillow or Fearless. I prefer the former.

I think any musical merit The Wall could have had was sacrificed at the altar of its concept. It never should have been an album, just a movie.

OK, time to pause this listening briefly, as I need to make lunch.

I hate the formatting in the title of this Pulp track. Seriously, guys?

Somehow, I got into R.E.M. through their '90s work - New Adventures in Hi-Fi, Monster, Automatic, and Out of Time (Up came later). Now I'm working backward.

One thing about DECA: every year they have this singer at the ceremonies who shows up and performs a couple of songs. His name is Billy Gilman.

7405362.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJGoq67vMhQ

I can be proud to say, "Hey, I was there."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom