Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:

PEEFAN!

I just got back from the game 40 minutes ago. What a delightful game. I totally called the grand slam Ortiz hit.

They redid the bleacher seats and made them narrower to add another seat to some rows, pisses me off, AND they made less elevation from one row to the next for 4 rows and then a row that's way above the others - it looks dumb tiered like that AND my view is blocked more. GRRRRR.

Ugh, I cannot stand this Sarah Brightman song. Makes me kinda wanna suck on the tip of a gun.

Varitek said:
PEEFAN!

I just got back from the game 40 minutes ago. What a delightful game. I totally called the grand slam Ortiz hit.

They redid the bleacher seats and made them narrower to add another seat to some rows, pisses me off, AND they made less elevation from one row to the next for 4 rows and then a row that's way above the others - it looks dumb tiered like that AND my view is blocked more. GRRRRR.

What bastards.

Screwtape2 said:

Yeah. I listen to the Salome Outtakes more than Achtung Baby so I ignore the bad production.

I listened to Salome this morning on my car ride to Boston while I was drunk + hung over (if you can be both at the same time).

Note to the world: never drink wine (12% by volume) at a party with drinking games designed for Natty Light (3.8%). It will end in red vomit.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

That's my favourite movie ever! I can practically quote the whole thing :D

It was really well-shot and choreographed. It's a bit chick-y, but it's solid entertainment.

The Lady Friend picked a good one.

I swear, in Talking Heads' The Book I Read, it sounds like Byrne is singing "Bucharest" rather than "book I read". That's how I sung it for years when I was little, before I knew the song title.

the tourist said:

it wasn't funny when instead of having sex with my boyfriend before i left for the weekend he had to put me to bed with a trashcan. :sad:

I hadn't puked while drunk in more than a year. I'd puked from hangovers, but I get nauseous hangovers all the time.

LemonMacPhisto said:

It was really well-shot and choreographed. It's a bit chick-y, but it's solid entertainment.

The Lady Friend picked a good one.

I've never seen it, but it's one of my girlfriend's favourite movies.

Varitek said:
I listened to Salome this morning on my car ride to Boston while I was drunk + hung over (if you can be both at the same time).

Note to the world: never drink wine (12% by volume) at a party with drinking games designed for Natty Light (3.8%). It will end in red vomit.

Everytime I see Natty, I think of Natty Ice, and everytime I see Natty Ice, I think of the Derrick Comedy skit.

Derrick Comedy own.

Ugh, fuck off, The Smiths.

And there's more Morrissey to come? Oh God.

i'm gonna go have a shower in my own shower and eat some of my mom's leftovers out of the fridge now :D

why oh why didn't i come home for spring break. it's not like i did ANY work that week either

Varitek said:

it wasn't funny when instead of having sex with my boyfriend before i left for the weekend he had to put me to bed with a trashcan. :sad:

I hadn't puked while drunk in more than a year. I'd puked from hangovers, but I get nauseous hangovers all the time.

That is another reason why I will never drink. I hate throwing up.

Varitek said:
i'm gonna go have a shower in my own shower and eat some of my mom's leftovers out of the fridge now :D

why oh why didn't i come home for spring break. it's not like i did ANY work that week either

PA misses you.

phillyfan26 said:

She's the man now, dog.

Punch the keys, for god's sake!

Axver said:
Ugh, fuck off, The Smiths.

And there's more Morrissey to come? Oh God.

Song with Siouxsee is pretty good, can stand to do without the other 2 though.

It's like if I put The Beatles, John, Paul, and George next to each other. But not Ringo.

Varitek said:

The other night at the cast party at the end of my girlfriend's musical, amid the girls dancing in lingerie, a guy drank a half a bottle of vodka in 5 minutes. He was limp-vomiting the rest of the night in the bathroom. But it was the only bathroom...! So people were peeing right in front of him. Not that he'll remember, but his girlfriend was in there with him. She saw lots of penises and vaginas.

phillyfan26 said:

Everytime I see Natty, I think of Natty Ice, and everytime I see Natty Ice, I think of the Derrick Comedy skit.

Derrick Comedy own.

we drink natty ice at other events that are less geared towards dangerous drinking games. i can drink a bottle of wine no problem, it's when i then keep drinking beer afterwards...

anyway i'm never doing that again

Screwtape2 said:

That is another reason why I will never drink. I hate throwing up.

:huh: Drinking does not have to or even normally end in vomiting ...

I tend to prefer liquor in the few times I've dabbled in alcohol. However, Molson Golden is tasty. Like apples.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Yeah, Baz Luhrmann is crazy-awesome like that. Upon multiple viewings, you notice lots of small, neat touches. Like the ridiculousness of the sound effects in some of the scenes. But they fit for slight comedic purposes. It's not like the movie is supposed to be very realistic. It's about the theatrics :drool:

And now you're making me want to quote it.

The Duke: It's not that I'm a jealous man... I JUST DON'T LIKE OTHER PEOPLE TOUCHING MY THINGS!

the tourist said:

The other night at the cast party at the end of my girlfriend's musical, amid the girls dancing in lingerie, a guy drank a half a bottle of vodka in 5 minutes. He was limp-vomiting the rest of the night in the bathroom. But it was the only bathroom...! So people were peeing right in front of him. Not that he'll remember, but his girlfriend was in there with him. She saw lots of penises and vaginas.

I made it home, was getting ready to have sex, and then I realized I needed to puke. Poor EITS guy went from about to get laid to dealing with vomit. He was very sweet about it, from what my foggy memory can recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom