Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha a Backstreet Boys song?!

*skips to the last 30 seconds to at least see if there's a decent segue at the end*

RavenBlue said:
Well this should liven everyone up

I scored a goal at hockey tonight.

Huzzah!

Nope, that did nothing.

:up:

I once scored a goal in hockey. I don't know how. It was in grade seven at primary school, and our class went out to play hockey on the back field one Friday afternoon. I was tripped when I was nowhere near the ball. So I got a free shot at the goal. I wasn't even 100% sure where the goal was in the first place, and had I been, I doubt I could have seen it as so many people were in my way and the sun was blinding me. So I just bashed the ball in the general direction of the end of the field we were meant to score at.

Next thing I knew, my team was cheering because I'd scored and it was the goal that won the game! :lol:

This Stars song is fairly easy to listen to, but I guess because it's pretty simplistic. Especially the rhyming pattern.

I've heard a bit about Do Make Say Think, but never listened to them. I'm starting to see why, as this really isn't my kind of instrumental music. I'm not even sure what it's quite trying to be. It's meandering with only a weak sense of purpose, and I'm nearly halfway through it.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Apparently I suck at training sex slaves :(

I expect you're doing much better at it than some of the people on this thread, like PFan, Ian, and myself! :lol:

And hello to PFan and phanan. :wave:

Hey, this Do Make Say Think song has picked up. I won't write it off, but it doesn't really inspire me to check out any more of their music either. Over half of the song feels like a plodding waste that could have been neatly summarised in a minute or so as an intro to something more.

Once I'm done with Irishteen/Lemonchick's playlist, whose shall I play? LM, LMP, or phanan?

I feel like it should probably be LM or LMP, as it's safe to say I'm going to quite like phanan's.

I'm not sure what to make of this Final Fantasy song - purely on paper! I find it hard to take seriously anything from an album called He Poos Clouds by an artist named after a crappy video game. :laugh:

As for the song itself ... meh. I didn't hate it, but it did nothing for me. Moving along?

Axver said:
I expect you're doing much better at it than some of the people on this thread, like PFan, Ian, and myself! :lol:
Well it was just a game I was playing.

But uh, I actually probably could've had one at one time, but I didn't like the guy and he was lousy in bed anyway.

Axver said:
Once I'm done with Irishteen/Lemonchick's playlist, whose shall I play? LM, LMP, or phanan?

I feel like it should probably be LM or LMP, as it's safe to say I'm going to quite like phanan's.

I guess you should go through LMP's, as he's up against the duo.

I look forward to reading all about this when I wake up in the morning...

the tourist said:
I'm over halfway through Major_Panic's right now.

Thoughts? I haven't listened to it yet.

I swear to non-existent God, this Sigur Ros song sounds like baby's music, or at least the first 1:30 do.

phanan said:
Can someone tell me why Two Shots is still in the current U2 survivor round? It should have been gone earlier...

Right after North and South of the River.

Axver said:

Thoughts? I haven't listened to it yet.

Lots of old stuff (ie Sinatra, Elvis, Andrew Lloyd Weber, etc.). Not really my thing. Sometimes there's flow, sometimes there isn't. I'm very meh about it.

I'm just really pissed that WDIAGW is pretty much gone. You people have no taste. :down:

It's the closest the nineties b-sides got to something as catchy, enjoyable, and memorable as Spanish Eyes - and with arguably cooler guitar.

Axver said:
I'm just really pissed that WDIAGW is pretty much gone. You people have no taste. :down:

It's the closest the nineties b-sides got to something as catchy, enjoyable, and memorable as Spanish Eyes - and with arguably cooler guitar.

What about Lady With The Spinning Head? I consider that U2's second best b-side (after, of course, Spanish Eyes).

I think this round has been more correct than most. Thank God WDIAGW is heading out. That song just bugs me.

As long as Alex Descends lasts a while, I'm down with the round.

RavenBlue said:
LemonMelon perhaps

:hmm:

It got up to 20C here today :love:

It won't last, of course, but it was mighty nice anyway

:lol: It's hotter there than here? It didn't crack 20 on Thursday (only got to 18), and just got there yesterday. Though today's apparently already at 23, per the Bureau of Meteorology. Still feels cool in my house though, like it's 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom