Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow...is that that thing that comes about when the weather drops below 0? Never seen it :wink: it's like a summer with temperatures above 20 doesn't happen here

Wow, snow. According to Wikipedia, the last time sleet hit Melbourne was 1986, and the last notable actual snowfall was 1951.

Could be worse though. I imagine the last time it snowed on the Gold Coast, Gondwanaland still existed or something like that.

Well, in the mountainous regions, we have skifields and heavy snow cover in winter, but down at sea level, forget it. Even our southernmost city, Hobart, rarely receives snow (Wikipedia is unfortunately not any more specific).

I know that the Dandenongs out to the east of Melbourne actually last got snow on Christmas 2006 - mid-fucking-summer! Up in Queensland, behind the Gold Coast is Springbrook, which is something like 950 metres above sea level, and I recall reading it had received snow something like twice in the whole 20th century!

major_panic said:
Wow, I didn't get brutally murdered in the DI thing like I expected, hurrah!

:lol:

I didn't vote because I haven't listened to your or DaveC's tracklists yet. :reject:

I'm stunned I actually won my first round. Especially as my entry in DI III was I think 1. more accessible and 2. generaly better, yet it didn't win a single round.

Axver said:

:lol:

I didn't vote because I haven't listened to your or DaveC's tracklists yet. :reject:

I'm stunned I actually won my first round. Especially as my entry in DI III was I think 1. more accessible and 2. generaly better, yet it didn't win a single round.

I didn't vote cause I wasn't around to do so... :reject:

I still haven't really listened to any yet. I'm gonna have to listen to them soon... Yours, LMP, LeMel and Screwy's look good to start with. Oh, and Lance's, if just because of the cover art.

major_panic said:

I didn't vote cause I wasn't around to do so... :reject:

I still haven't really listened to any yet. I'm gonna have to listen to them soon... Yours, LMP, LeMel and Screwy's look good to start with. Oh, and Lance's, if just because of the cover art.

:lol: Lance's tracklist itself actually doesn't look bad on paper, but that cover art? :yikes: Makes the whole thing rather hard to take seriously.

I'm about to start on Irishteen/Lemonchick's, then LMP's, LM's, and phanan's, so I can vote in the current rounds.

OK, time to listen to Irishteen/Lemonchick's playlist. Not sure if I'll keep a running diary or not ...

So far:

1. The Kaiser Chiefs opening song is alright. Unremarkable.
2. The Bright Eyes song is dull and drags.
3. But it segues well into the Radiohead track. Thom Yorke doesn't sound too entirely shit on this. Oh yes, here we go, 2:20, he brings in the dogshit voice. Peterrrrrr, eat your heart out; find Bono's "dogshit voice".

Not sure how I feel about this song by The Shins. I feel like it's too subdued, as if it's so subdued it's muffling the melody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom