Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard all of Zeppelin I-IV and the stuff on the Latter Days greatest hits collection. But other than that, none. I need to buy some Zep.

LemonMelon said:

Houses Of The Holy is by far their most creative and experimental. IV probably their most consistent. II is a good example of their bluesier side, but I wouldn't call it their best. Physical Graffiti is a mixed bag for me.

I can't even remember listening to Physical Graffiti outside a couple of track names that ring bells. II was bland and mediocre.

I obviously know a few other songs from elsewhere. I mean, what Westerner born after about 1950 can't sing Stairway To Heaven backwards in Swahili while sleeping?

phanan said:

I agree that certain albums should have less represented and others more, based on their popularity.

Interesting idea. We'll have to revisit it at the right time.

Yeah. Though it would be hard to work out popularity, given how few of us are strongly familiar with all the material. I wouldn't want to base it on some "best of PT" poll where half the voters haven't even heard anything pre-IA.

But that's a hurdle to tackle when the time arrives. Hopefully when that time arrives, even more folks here will have been converted to PT. :wink:

Speaking of the time, it's time for me to catch some sleep. Night, folks. :wave:

Afternoon.

I don't know too much Led Zeppelin aside from most of their hits and a few tracks here and there.

I know markedly little Porcupine Tree and REM.

If anyone wanted to try to convert me to fandom, though ... :sexywink:

I've heard good things about it. Reality was great too.

Have you voted in the DI draws yet today? :wink:

Jesus, today's two matchups are the closest I've seen yet.

The one playlist I gave a second listen to was LMP's, and his grew on me tremendously there (I was really distracted when I listened to his list the first time).

I'm contemplating a simultaneous purchase of Led Zeppelin I and III, but everywhere I look the albums are overpriced. $27 from amazon for the lot is NOT a good price. :grumpy:

phillyfan26 said:
Jesus, today's two matchups are the closest I've seen yet.

The one playlist I gave a second listen to was LMP's, and his grew on me tremendously there (I was really distracted when I listened to his list the first time).

I gave my criticisms of I&L's playlist in the thread, but it wasn't easy for me to vote LMP.

Honestly, I have no idea what the fuck is going to happen in my match.

A little bit, yeah. I did some more reviewing of my notes on them and re-shuffled a bit.

Yours is still in my top four.

I just want people to vote, period. Today is the slowest it's been for the tournament so far. It sometimes gets pretty busy here on Friday nights though.

Well, I haven't listened to all the playlists. I need to make sure to listen to 2 or three more this weekend.

LemonMelon said:
I just want people to vote, period. Today is the slowest it's been for the tournament so far. It sometimes gets pretty busy here on Friday nights though.

Yeah, the votes dwindled yesterday and have started off slow today.

Hopefully by waiting until Monday to resume, everyone can get some more listening done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom