Good Luck To Jacko Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not too sure if he did it but at the same time I wouldn't put past him. I don't know why he kept setting himself up for this sort of thing to happen to him. He had precedents. It seems that he should have learned his lesson in the 90's... :shrug:

Aardvark747 said:
T
I really do feel that Jackson's childhood, or the little of it he had, plays a huge part of how he is today.
Not being around ppl his own age when growing up, and going though the things other children were, plus having the kind of dominating father at home, effected him greatly as he grew older and became an adult. So much so, that he realised he prefered to be in the company of children, and be able to see them enjoy things in their youth, the way he was never able to.

He grew up in a very small home in Indiana, where he was made to share a bed with his brother(s).
This could go a little way in explaining why Michael thinks it is ok in sharing his bed with a minor.
Of course, it is not. No matter WHO you are. But being as naive, as I believe he is, he thinks there is nothing wrong with this, "the most loving that you can do with somebody".

My 2 cents ...

Lots of now grown-up child stars had f*****-up childhoods where they may have had overbearing or abusive stage parents and were deprived of the kind of "normal" childhood experiences you and I had.

And yes, some of these former child stars became f*****-up adults who had drug or alcohol addictions, turned to crime, etc.

But, I have never heard of a fomer child-star who preferred the company of children to the company of adults because of the circumstances under which they grew up. In fact, I would venture to say that few adults (whether they had normal or abnormal childhoods) prefer the company of children.

That shows something is wrong with Michael Jackson's mental state.

The sharing of the bed thing ... you attribute it to Jackson sharing a bed with his siblings when he was growing up.

Sharing a bed with siblings was once fairly common practice, especially when families were not wealthy or if families were larger and had a small house. But, this experience does not, in general, make people, as adults, want to share their bed with children or make them think this behavior is acceptable.

There are very serious charges being weighed against Jackson. I hope that since this is going to trial, the trial will be taken seriousl and not turn into a circus (as is often the case with celebrity trials).

I hope that becuase this is a criminal trial (not a civil trial where the plaintifs will gain financial rewards based on the outcome)that the truth will come out and the matter will finally be put to rest by a jury. Trials of this nature are not pleasant and why on earth would someone go through the ordeal of a trial if there was not truth behind the accusations.

I can't wait for it to be over because I don't know about you, but I am sick of reading about this in every magazine that I pick up or every time I turn on the television.

That was a quick reply Aardvark,anyone would think that you were waiting for someone to resurect this thread:wink: I think hes gonna go down for a long stretch in 'choky' for this one,and i for one ,won't miss him:madspit:

A lot of people thinks that he is sick and want to throw him in jail. Does medical insurance cover that ?

I can't imagine my neighbors allowing their kids to come over and sleep in my bed.
Seems kind of bizzare doesn't it?
We give people too much leeway bc they are famous.
Bottom line is he is...was a great entertainer and singer.
So I'm good at a lot of things too, doesn't give me the liscence to do whatever I want.

I realize this is a very devisive issue here and I have been hesitant to comment.

However, I feel this needs to be said. With so many people feeling sorry for him, and that he is victimized, consider this:

if he IS guilty, is that fair to the kids? Shouldn't he be exposed and stopped?

We should no more assume his innocence than to assume his guilt.

This is my personal opinion, and I'd bet I'm right:

Is he guilty?

YES

Is he a child molester?

NO

What? How can that be?

This is what I think:

He did it.

BUT he didn't viciously attack any kid. When people say "Michael would never hurt a child" they're right.

BUT in his mind, he's not hurting them, he's "LOVING" them! I can just hear him now, in that voice of his 'it's just love, there's nothing wrong with love, is there?'

So yes I think he did it and he must be stopped from doing it again. I think everyone defending him is doing an injustice to all the kids he's probably touched or will touch in the future.

I don't think he should go to jail. I would suggest a short stay in a mental facility, then probation and counseling, and STOP THE KIDS FROM SLEEPING OVER!

boystupidboy said:
MJ is a very strange man.Does this make him guilty?I dont kmow but he is very strange all the same.

This is another thing that bugs me. He claims Sony and the media made him out to be a freak because they didn't want him to be as big a star as Elvis and the Beatles because he was a black man. His father even said that on TV recently "they wouldn't let him have it."

Well, I ask, WHO did this to him? Of course the media can be like a bunch of giggly 13 year old girls picking on somebody, but face it, he gave them something to take to the bank.

His multiple face surgeries until he ceased to look black, or male, or even human.

He slept in the glass tube to live to be 150.

He wore a mask at Disneyland to avoid germs.

He put veils over his kids.

He hung "Blanket" over the railing.

He sleeps with little boys.

He comes off as a total freak, and HE DID IT TO HIMSELF! He had a career, he had his title of "King of Pop" and was loved my millions worldwide. HE ruined it with his peculiar behavior and he has no one to blame but himself!!

And the 'black man' comment? The way he looks after the skin bleachings and surgeries, I don't think he looks black or like a man anymore anyway. He's spent years avoiding being black so he has no right to use the race card now. And that has nothing to do with it anyway. If a guy was white and this weird, it would be the same story!

JessicaAnn said:

L...were deprived of the kind of "normal" childhood experiences you and I had.

First off, speak for yourself, thanks.

knox said:
This isn't the first time he's been accused of this, and the last time (1990s) he settled out of court for a very large sum of money. I think it's fairly likely that there are large elements of truth in these accusations.

That is what made me doubt the whole Jordy Chandler case in the first place. I have grown up with, and worked with abused kids and know a lot about the subject personally. I realise that this means I'm not looking at the Jackson case in an entirely objective way, but still. No amount of cash can make up for something like that happening to you, or your child - so why accept a ton of money to drop the charges?

I did wonder why Jackson agreed to cough up the cash - I thought it was an exericse in damage limitation really, an attempt to protect his reputation.

I remember back in the mid to late 80's, when Michael Jackson was universally loved, he constantly helped childrens charities and helped raise awareness of them. It's all very odd that he supposedly turns out to be a "child molester."

I know I'm not being very objective here, but :shrug:. Obviously I don't know what did or didn't go on with MJ, but whatever the case, it's tragic. I just hope it's not true for the sake of his unfortnate kids, and the kids involved.

:eyebrow:

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
There's just too much evidence going against him. I believe he did it. :down:

Same here. I really think he could try and get folk to persuade the jury to say he's innocent by paying them off but I really hope that if he is guilty he is properly punished for what he did. I've always thought Wacko was odd but after I watched the Martin Bashir documentary (which I think was aired in America too) I really thought he was even more odd than I initially though. I know things can be edited a lot but he was holding one of those boys hands!! That's just too weird for me. :|

Lara Mullen said:

Same here. I really think he could try and get folk to persuade the jury to say he's innocent by paying them off but I really hope that if he is guilty he is properly punished for what he did. I've always thought Wacko was odd but after I watched the Martin Bashir documentary (which I think was aired in America too) I really thought he was even more odd than I initially though. I know things can be edited a lot but he was holding one of those boys hands!! That's just too weird for me. :|

That documentary was very discomforting, I thought. It was very clear that Jackson is totally off his rocker (which we all knew anyway) - the scariest part is that he doesn't realise it. :(

sallycinnamon78 said:

That documentary was very discomforting, I thought. It was very clear that Jackson is totally off his rocker (which we all knew anyway) - the scariest part is that he doesn't realise it. :(

It's bothered me for a very long time that by all appearences, he clearly is off his rocker yet the people around him continue to cater to his whims, including the parents who STILL let their children spend time alone with him.

I guess the free ride is more important to some people than putting a stop to certain things or standing idly by and pretending not to see what's really going on.

Bono's American Wife said:
including the parents who STILL let their children spend time alone with him.

I guess the free ride is more important to some people than putting a stop to certain things or standing idly by and pretending not to see what's really going on.

That's one thing I find really sick about this whole thing-some of these people making accusations are doing so just for money purposes, I'm sure...and I'm thinking, if Jackson is indeed guilty-that's really sick, putting your children in harm's way just so you can make a buck off of the guy. Some people's priorities are so fucked up it's incredible. Those are some sad excuses for parents there.

I'm still unsure about whether or not Jackson's guilty...there's so much stuff that makes him look pretty suspicious as it is, but yet at the same time, there's still a little part of me that just can't see him doing that stuff to kids.

My mom and I have talked about the way the media's making a big circus out of this...she said it's pathetic, because both sides are making a mockery out of the situation, which is a rather serious one-we're talking about the accusations of molesting a child here, and yet both sides have people grabbing for money and hyping things up and saying whatever they think people want to hear and all that other stuff. And I can't say I disagree with her, either-it's just sad all around.

I also agree with U2Kitten, particularly about the whole race card deal :up:.

Angela

I will be following the trial as closely as I can, and will be hoping for the verdict that I think in my heart is correct.

How about hoping for the verdict that is the CORRECT one, rather than what you "think in [your] heart".

Put a bullet in his head if hes proven guilty. That is one of the most sickning crimes anybody could think of committing.

Ok ok good luck to Micky J in the upcoming trial.

He's gonna need all the luck in the world when he's in the prison showers with 'mr Big':ohmy:.Then we'll see who's bad:madspit:
Hopefully ,if found guilty,he will get all he deserves in the slammer

Wow. A wide array of feelings and opinions in this thread.

Firstly, I would just like to say that Martin Brashir is a dishonorable sleaze. Regardless of whether or not Jackson is guilty, Brashir is a dishonorable fucking sleaze. That documentary he did, it was supposed to be just a normal documentary about Jackson and his home and his life. Brashir used false pretenses to get Jackson to agree to it, but he only had one motive in mind and that was to paint Jackson in a bad light. He got more than he could have hoped for the whole hand-holding thing. Yes, Jackson is a freak, but it was still a backstabbing, dishonorable, sleazy, asshole-ish thing for Brashir to do. I cannot stand the guy.

About Jackson himself, I really don't know what to think anymore. At first, I was totally convinced that the kid's parents were just trying to extort money from him. But now, so much evidence has been shown, so much has been said, that it is hard to believe he isn't guilty. However, I agree with U2Kitten's accessment, that even if he is guilty, in his mind it wasn't molestation, it was 'loving'. That doesn't make it right, but it does mean that if he's guilty, Jackson needs professional mental help more than he needs any jail time.

Jackson is the saddest has-been celebrty story I've ever known about. He had everything, he was the biggest star in the world, and he destroyed all of it by himself. And that goes regardless of whether he ever slept with any children. Just all the plastic surgeries, the making himself white, etc etc. I honestly can't enjoy his music anymore in the way I once did.

Anyway, in conclusion, I don't know if he's guilty or not, but I'm leaning towards yes...particularly after that Cory Feldman interview, and just to re-emphasize this, MARTIN BRASHIR IS A SPINELESS, DISHONORABLE, SLEASY, JERK.

namkcuR said:
However, I agree with U2Kitten's accessment, that even if he is guilty, in his mind it wasn't molestation, it was 'loving'. That doesn't make it right, but it does mean that if he's guilty, Jackson needs professional mental help more than he needs any jail time.

I can understand this point...my dad, when we were talking about this last night, was saying that Michael's mental state is that of a child...he never got to have a childhood of his own, so he's stuck in a mental state in which he is a child now, and so when he does sleep with kids, he doesn't see that as wrong, he sees it as other kids having a sleepover with a kid (i.e., Michael).

Originally posted by namkcuR
Jackson is the saddest has-been celebrty story I've ever known about. He had everything, he was the biggest star in the world, and he destroyed all of it by himself. And that goes regardless of whether he ever slept with any children. Just all the plastic surgeries, the making himself white, etc etc.

Agreed.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom