Goat Island, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ooh, bottom ten songs.

i'll share mine:

1. twilight demo version
2. yahweh
3. sickamygoogoo
4. one
5. all because of you
6. walk on
7. when i look at the world
8. love and peace or else - studio version, not live
9. peace on earth
10. elevation

i'm only positive of the order of 1-4, btw. oh and i forgot fortunate son. that should be on there too.

Khanadahar! :wave:

You know, I just can't hate the demo of Twilight. Sure, I know it sucks. I know One, for all its failings, is musically a better song. But TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT makes me laugh. And I enjoy listening to it for the lulz. I'd rather listen to it all day than hear One once.

Oh yeah, Wave of Sorrow is dumb too.

Dear U2,

Instrumentals are OK, really. You didn't need to add lyrics.

Regards,
Ax

I bet the remastered UF will have a "new" version of Bass Trap with Bono singing some shit over the top about Slane Castle, mullets, and doves.

Khanadahar! :wave:

You know, I just can't hate the demo of Twilight. Sure, I know it sucks. I know One, for all its failings, is musically a better song. But TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT makes me laugh. And I enjoy listening to it for the lulz. I'd rather listen to it all day than hear One once.
dr. dré! :wave:

i know, i shouldn't consider it my least favourite song since like you said, i'd rather listen to it than one. i guess it's the fact that they released it. it's terrible, they'd grown musically by the time it was released and could have done better. there's loads of unreleased tracks from that era that would've been a better b-side. like street mission. if i ever have the spare money again to buy more records, another day will be high on my list so i can have twilight on vinyl. wtf.

fuck, now i want to listen to it.

Dear U2,

Instrumentals are OK, really. You didn't need to add lyrics.

Regards,
Ax

I bet the remastered UF will have a "new" version of Bass Trap with Bono singing some shit over the top about Slane Castle, mullets, and doves.

I'm not that big a fan of Bass Trap, but if they touch either Boomerang, that remaster's going to the dump.

dr. dré! :wave:

i know, i shouldn't consider it my least favourite song since like you said, i'd rather listen to it than one. i guess it's the fact that they released it. it's terrible, they'd grown musically by the time it was released and could have done better. there's loads of unreleased tracks from that era that would've been a better b-side. like street mission. if i ever have the spare money again to buy more records, another day will be high on my list so i can have twilight on vinyl. wtf.

fuck, now i want to listen to it.

Yeah, that's something that really fucking irritates me. Especially because, at the Another Day sessions, they recorded The Dream Is Over, my second favourite pre-Boy song, and then decided to use TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT instead. What the fuck, guys? Even if they had to drop The Dream Is Over, why not use a GOOD song from the February 1979 demos like Lost On A Silent Planet or False Prophet instead?

Boy, I couldn't put early Twilight on my bottom list. That'd be like putting early TTYW on my list. Although the resulted TTYW could probably go there.

Yeah, that's something that really fucking irritates me. Especially because, at the Another Day sessions, they recorded The Dream Is Over, my second favourite pre-Boy song, and then decided to use TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT instead. What the fuck, guys? Even if they had to drop The Dream Is Over, why not use a GOOD song from the February 1979 demos like Lost On A Silent Planet or False Prophet instead?

And people think they only started making poor decisions this decade!

I'm not that big a fan of Bass Trap, but if they touch either Boomerang, that remaster's going to the dump.
agreed. boomerang one is my favourite out of those three. i can't think of all the uf b-sides off the top of my head but it's probs my favourite. i think i'm the only person who likes boomerang one vs. two. boo.

yeah, tdio is probs my second favourite too, after street mission.

here's something no one else might agree wif: i like the demo of satt, possibly more than the album version. but i don't hate either song. wtf!

And people think they only started making poor decisions this decade!

Ha, yeah. Though personally, I think I've been pretty consistent in saying that U2's entire history is chocka with poor decisions. It's just that in the eighties and some of the nineties, they could get away with it.

oh, and, i made a playlist the other day of 90s U2 b-sides, basically the bonus disc that could've been. i didn't even touch the b-sides of the atyclb on that best of. i got just about 90 minutes of material. no remixes. i was going to make a thread about it and share the list but then i thought...that was probably done back in 03 (i think?? whenever it was released).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom