Giggleswick Superthread - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive

Old 03-27-2008, 02:42 AM   #376
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

One girl I knew in high school was a Mormon. Arguably the most attractive girl at the school too. She left during grade 11 to go on a mission trip to Auckland. All I could think was "WTF? Why the hell would you go to Auckland? Aren't you missionaries meant to go to Africa or something?"

Old 03-27-2008, 02:42 AM   #377
Blue Crack Addict

Ax I'm really liking this! My 8yr old even came out to ask what I'm listening too as she really likes it too!

Old 03-27-2008, 02:43 AM   #378
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

Dressing well and pretending to be Mormon, just to see what sort of reaction I'd get.
The dressing well part doesn't work, trust me. I dress well and the girls aren't throwing themselves at me.

I have too much dignity to pretend to be Mormon!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 02:44 AM   #379
Blue Crack Addict

Now onto Trains.....
Old 03-27-2008, 02:45 AM   #380
Blue Crack Addict

So who are PT and where are they from?
Old 03-27-2008, 02:46 AM   #381
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:30 AM
Quote:

The dressing well part doesn't work, trust me. I dress well and the girls aren't throwing themselves at me.

I have too much dignity to pretend to be Mormon!
I don't. I post here.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:46 AM   #382
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by gluey
Ax I'm really liking this! My 8yr old even came out to ask what I'm listening too as she really likes it too!
Awesome!

Sending three more tracks now.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 02:46 AM   #383
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

I don't. I post here.

FTW!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:47 AM   #384
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Awesome!

Sending three more tracks now.

They're nothing like I imagined, but then I don't know what I imagined!! I'm pleasantly surprised to say the least......new songs for my ipod
Old 03-27-2008, 02:51 AM   #385
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by gluey
So who are PT and where are they from?
Porcupine Tree started out in the late eighties as a fictitious joke band, the creation of Steven Wilson, an Englishman from Hemel Hempstead outside London. He came up with this fake seventies prog rock band, "the legendary Porcupine Tree", and decided to record and distribute some material to give this fake band an air of authenticity.

As it happened, some people in the music underground actually thought what he was doing was fairly interesting, and he recorded more. Initially it was really experimental, avantgarde stuff, but Steven Wilson's songwriting developed quickly and after recording the first album, Up The Downstair (from 1993) on his own, he turned Porcupine Tree into a proper band to play live. The band quickly became a proper band, rather than just Steven Wilson with backing musicians, and SW doesn't always get his own way (for example, the song Christenings from his side project Blackfield was originally meant to be on PT's Deadwing album, but the rest of the band over-ruled him).

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 02:51 AM   #386
Blue Crack Addict

ooh the clapping (it is clapping isn't it) bit during Trains is different! This is really cool!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:52 AM   #387
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Porcupine Tree started out in the late eighties as a fictitious joke band, the creation of Steven Wilson, an Englishman from Hemel Hempstead outside London. He came up with this fake seventies prog rock band, "the legendary Porcupine Tree", and decided to record and distribute some material to give this fake band an air of authenticity.

As it happened, some people in the music underground actually thought what he was doing was fairly interesting, and he recorded more. Initially it was really experimental, avantgarde stuff, but Steven Wilson's songwriting developed quickly and after recording the first album, Up The Downstair (from 1993) on his own, he turned Porcupine Tree into a proper band to play live. The band quickly became a proper band, rather than just Steven Wilson with backing musicians, and SW doesn't always get his own way (for example, the song Christenings from his side project Blackfield was originally meant to be on PT's Deadwing album, but the rest of the band over-ruled him).
That's really cool! How did you find them?
Old 03-27-2008, 02:53 AM   #388
Blue Crack Addict

Onto Piano Lessons now!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:55 AM   #389
Vocal parasite

OK, so, one of the three more PT songs I'm sending is Waiting (Phase One). It's from 1996's Signify album, and is probably the most conventional song there. I think it sounds really great, and Ali thinks some of the guitarwork is especially Edge-like. I can't say I disagree with her.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread