Geebung, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, if the context's valid, I've no problem if you want to slam me outside my presence, just as long as that's consistent with what you say to me. What irked me just now was less what was said and more how it seemed to be at odds with how those people had acted to me. I don't think it's unreasonable or abnormal to hope that people are consistent in what they say about you both when you are around and when you're not. I'm sure I fuck up with that repeatedly, but it's certainly a measure of consistency I personally aim to keep.

But fair enough, let's not drag down the thread. I would like to say before dropping this that I feel my core point has been overlooked by some people, and that is resource wastage. Use of resources is something that I think is imperative to cut down at every available opportunity in the world at the moment, and it's something I keep at the forefront of my mind. It's why I haven't used my heater or bought an electric blanket or even a hot water bottle yet this winter. Hell, I feel bad just turning on the lights in my house in the evening if it's not yet completely dark! So, yeah, I just wanted to say, that was my main point, not any "bloated Americans" anti-US hyperbole.

Anyway, I guess if I'm dropping this, I should shut up. Should've shut up before writing that last paragraph. But you guys know me ... :lol:

I've never used an electric blanket or hot water bottle. But regardless, I agreed that Americans overuse heating and aircon. And gas in our SUVs. Your approach is consistently unfriendly towards Americans, and you are talking to a bunch of us who are on the good side of the spectrum and acknowledge that, but it feels like you forget that and target the blanket lot of us with attacks like this.

Hows it going I'm a chic who knows what she wants... You must be intellegent attractive undertake karate and have a revenue flow... I'm a good looking unvarying person searching to pazzazz up life! If this is appealing we can conversate!

Hows it going I'm a chic who knows what she wants... You must be intellegent attractive undertake karate and have a revenue flow... I'm a good looking unvarying person searching to pazzazz up life! If this is appealing we can conversate!

"I want to have sex with a guy with a lot of money" would have saved Internet.

I've never used an electric blanket or hot water bottle. But regardless, I agreed that Americans overuse heating and aircon. And gas in our SUVs. Your approach is consistently unfriendly towards Americans, and you are talking to a bunch of us who are on the good side of the spectrum and acknowledge that, but it feels like you forget that and target the blanket lot of us with attacks like this.

My resource wastage point is a global point, and I see shitloads of that going on down here too - Auckland in particular gets a lot of my scorn since its one of the most car-dependent cities in the entire Western world. But the reason Americans come up is that I find it absolutely ludicrous that central heating is considered to be a standard feature of housing there. As a country, you guys have collectively long since shot past the point of sustainability.

And you're one to talk about blanket attacks. I've never had a "fuck America" avatar!

Too much perusing of cracked.com. They like to write up their experiences surfing the one night stand section of Craigslist
wth.gif
i have to check this out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom