Geebung, Queensland Superthread - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #151
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
See I used to live in Michigan City, which is a fairly decent city, I love it to death, but do to housing problems and school issues and such, we moved to Laporte, only 10 miles away, but very different. More of a small town feel.

Michigan City has an awesome 14 screen movie theater, but it costs $7
Laporte has a 4 screen theater, that is fairly old, but it costs $1.50 ($1 before 6:00PM)

So yes, you save a lot going to the Laporte theater, but quality wise you get what you pay for (but you're still seeing the SAME movie )
I see - I can't completely identify because we don't have too many 'cities' in Australia, I guess it depends on what qualifies as a city and I suppose Laporte doesn't - but funny you'd say it's of a 'small town' feel - to us it'd be more like a 'large' town.

That really doesn't sound like a bad deal at Laporte. I don't really notice any major changes in quality when watching a movie at one place or the other, as long as it's tolerable I'm fine with it (movies are/were sometimes shown at local Town Halls in the rural area I grew up in, often months after they'd stopped running in city theatres).

Old 06-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #152
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
The midwest is great, I just prefer the northern midwest ( )

I can't wait for my 21st birthday, just so that mostly all age restrictions will finally go away (but I still can't be president damnit )

I don't know, I heard rumors that LiveNation wants to do like a stadium only tour, I'm not into that idea at all. I like Arenas. Also, LiveNation like suddenly taking over the touring world is creeping me out a bit
Oh yes, closer to the water - I can understand.

Yeah, I'm afraid the first time you legally order a drink you're not asked to rule your country.

I'm concerned about that too, I mean it seems very capitalist in an industry that's become so independant in recent years. We'll see how things pan out, though.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #153
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:31 AM
Awesome. I'm 18 words off the word limit. Though the conclusion isn't written. I have some fat to trim from my argumentation, so once I do that, I should be able to fit in a conclusion without blowing the 10% leeway on the word limit.

But for now, I shall enjoy a glass of port.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #154
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsnotmypuppy View Post
Oh no! I used to live in Geebung! Then I moved to Yeronga and was suddenly hot and attractive! Now I live in Surrey Hills, Melbourne and rue the day I was denied my shot in the ring.
I've always loved the name Yeronga, and Yerongpilly too. Back when I lived up that way myself, my friends and I would always make lame "you're wrong, Pilly!" "but you're wronger!" jokes whenever we took the train from the Gold Coast to Brisbane and passed through that area.

Also, I didn't know you were a fellow Melburnian. For whatever reason, I was under the impression you were a Sydneysider.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #155
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Oh yes, closer to the water - I can understand.

Yeah, I'm afraid the first time you legally order a drink you're not asked to rule your country.

I'm concerned about that too, I mean it seems very capitalist in an industry that's become so independant in recent years. We'll see how things pan out, though.
Being able to see movies for such a low price is all that matters to me, I have an addiction

I guess maybe bodies of water are my Planes and Trains. I am kinda hard on other lakes though because I haven't seen one as big as Lake Michigan yet, so I always laugh when I see a fairly small lake and people act like it's a big deal. I just point out the fact that I can see the other side of their lake

I don't see why I can't go to my local bar and declare my plans to run the country. Seems like a good birthday to me.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #156
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:31 PM
Morning.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #157
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Awesome. I'm 18 words off the word limit. Though the conclusion isn't written. I have some fat to trim from my argumentation, so once I do that, I should be able to fit in a conclusion without blowing the 10% leeway on the word limit.

But for now, I shall enjoy a glass of port.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #158
Blue Crack Addict

Wonderful, Axxo.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #159
Vocal parasite

Damn deceptive bottling! I thought I had between 2/3 and a full glass of port left, but I had barely over 1/3! I want more port.

Maybe I'll just settle for polishing off the bottle of red I have lying around. It looks like it has just over a glass left. If deceptive bottling holds true in its case too, it probably only has about 2/3 of a glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Morning.
Good evening.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #160
Blue Crack Supplier

Sort of like how bags of potato chips are always filled with air to make them full, but really are only half filled.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #161
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Bonnie, WTAHNN says Edge says that the tour will start in Vegas in March !
They should totally start the tour in Brisvegas.

I don't normally advocate Queensland being lucky with regards to touring, but a Brisbane opening gig would suit me right down to the ground, since I have relatives on the Gold Coast and could inexpensively see the show.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #162
Blue Crack Supplier

So, album October or November, tour in March.

Cool beans. Hopefully they don't fuck something up.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #163
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Sort of like how bags of potato chips are always filled with air to make them full, but really are only half filled.
That's probably like the #4 most popular complaint I get at Quiznos.

Speaking of complaints, last night I got a phone call at work:

Guy on Phone: Can I speak to a manager?
Me: Speaking
GOP: *pause* Today I came into your store and was given very poor service. I ordered a Large Chicken Carbona (actually pronounced Carbonara) that was supposed to be $5 and I asked for no mushrooms.
Me: Well sir, the Chicken Carbonara isn't one of the $5 subs, it's $7 for a large, but if you still have your reciept we can at least get you a new sandwich over the mushrooms
GOP: Actually I just want to change my order
Me: Ok?
GOP: I'd like a large...Fuck off *click*

Me: wtf?
Old 06-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #164
Vocal parasite

Quote:
So, album October or November, tour in March.

Cool beans. Hopefully they don't fuck something up.
"OH NOEZ WE DUN HAV A HIT SINGUL LETZ CALL IN LILLYWYTE AGEN!!11|!11eleventyoneweneedahitlikeOne"

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #165
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
"OH NOEZ WE DUN HAV A HIT SINGUL LETZ CALL IN LILLYWYTE AGEN!!11|!11eleventyoneweneedahitlikeOne"
But there HAZ to be a single. Otherwise where will the money for frivolous things like sunglasses, converse shoes, hair gel, and sarongs come from?

Tags
superthread