Gaylord, Kansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:scratch: 18+ concerts? What's that?

Shows you can only attend if you're 18 or older. I know they exist in the UK too, and the US has 21+ shows. It's due to liquor licensing laws. At venues that are licensed liquor establishments, e.g. clubs, they are not allowed to admit anybody under the legal drinking age to any concerts held there. The only time they hold under 18s shows are when absolutely no alcohol is being sold that night inside the venue.

Obviously, this doesn't apply to larger venues, like sporting arenas or stadiums, where people are carded before buying alcohol. It's only for establishments where the primary business function is selling alcohol, which tend to be the clubs that have a band room and a bar, where smaller acts perform.

Shows you can only attend if you're 18 or older. I know they exist in the UK too, and the US has 21+ shows. It's due to liquor licensing laws. At venues that are licensed liquor establishments, e.g. clubs, they are not allowed to admit anybody under the legal drinking age to any concerts held there. The only time they hold under 18s shows are when absolutely no alcohol is being sold that night inside the venue.

Obviously, this doesn't apply to larger venues, like sporting arenas or stadiums, where people are carded before buying alcohol. It's only for establishments where the primary business function is selling alcohol, which tend to be the clubs that have a band room and a bar, where smaller acts perform.

Ah, I see. Well here you get carded while buying the drinks, I guess that's why we don't have 18+ concerts.

Ah, I see. Well here you get carded while buying the drinks, I guess that's why we don't have 18+ concerts.

Honestly, if I ran a club, I'd find 18+ to simply be more convenient. You can go ahead and serve anybody in the venue a drink without having to waste time carding them. That's all taken care of for you at the door.

I also love how I never get carded. I guess I look a bit older than I am, now that I've grown a beard and all.

Ah, well here they've advisory ratings for kids, 16+ and 18+ but there's not really any checking on that... and if you're with a parent you get in anywhere too.. only in pubs and clubs you need id. Well, unless you're a girl ofcourse. You just need boobies in that case.
Yeah, you can always get in with a parent. Sometimes with an older sibling, though they sometimes get bitchy about that. In Kentucky you can't get into bars/clubs unless you're 21. Fullstop. In other states you can get in at a lower age, but they stamp you as a minor so no one will serve you.

And here Ax:

coaltrain1xq7.jpg

I was pretty far away, across a street and parking lot. Gotta love the Girl Scout billboard though. It has a punk girl "Cookies, yes. Cookie cutter, no." :lol:

coaltrain2or4.jpg

Zoomed in. The train was basically just sitting there motionless. Dunno why.

Train photos!

:love: Chass :love:

And I'm quite amused by the pairing of coal wagons with, of all things, a Girl Scouts billboard.

I have Reckoning. Any good?

YES. Probably the best of the three to play after Murmur. Partly due to it being the album immediately after Murmur chronologically!

So. Central Rain in particular is a fantastic song.

I thought you didn't like REM?

I'll put it on after Murmur.

NP: Talk About The Passion

Since when didn't I like REM? Fables Of The Reconstruction is one of my favourite albums, and Orange Crush from Green is the first favourite song I can ever recall having.

Eighties REM in general is quality. But much like U2, there isn't a whole lot of worth since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom