Gaylord, Kansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of us should make a Pop/AB thread full of nothing but positive replies just to piss her off.

If we can lie that much. I put both albums about as low as hutdab.

I could probably do Pop, but not Achtung. Pop has actually become my favourite non-Passengers U2 album of the nineties. I could quite sincerely praise DYFL, Mofo, LNOE, Gone, and the closing trio. Maybe even IGWSHA on a good day.

onoz.gif

With the possible exceptions of Bonnie's inthistowntastic avatars and anything Kunstmuseum-related, cori's use of that is probably the best avatar/signature image ever used on Interference.

I haven't listened to Pop in ages. Actually, I haven't even listened to Zooropa in a while. I'm sort of put off by 90's U2 at the moment, for whatever reason.

But don't you see what's happening AGAIN?

It's the curse of the Superthread AGAIN!

(Plus I just looked at this thread's stats. Talk about way overdoing it. :uhoh: )

Ah, no fears. I was like that a couple of threads ago, I had nearly 40 posts at the start and the next one down was like 19. :lol:

At least you probably managed to read some of it. My head would explode at one sight of it.

I'm going to try to finish it all, even if I find that in the end, I feel like I've consumed alphabet soup via osmosis rather than actually reading an article.

I haven't listened to Pop in ages. Actually, I haven't even listened to Zooropa in a while. I'm sort of put off by 90's U2 at the moment, for whatever reason.

Ah, no fears. I was like that a couple of threads ago, I had nearly 40 posts at the start and the next one down was like 19. :lol:

You're just put off by 1976-08 U2, aren't you? BUT 2009 WILL BE THEIR YEAR, RIGHT! ... RIGHT?

Yeah, but you don't quite live on the Superthread. I bring your attention to this:

:fuckyeah?:

And the obligatory stats from the last thread:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,005
User Name Posts
Axver 290
KhanadaRhodes 142
bono_212 140
coolian2 82
RegularBonoFan 74
The Sad Punk 43
mysterious_jen 40
Angela Harlem 37
Varitek 30
DreamOutLoud13 28
liamcool 25
cinnaminson 19
Its Britastic! 17
LemonMelon 13
Irishteen 8
phillyfan26 6
bono_man2002 6
the tourist 4
Galeongirl 1

:crack:

I think that :crack: deserves reiteration.

Hey Ax, you done your 50 albums doowacky?

No, I have not. Will get it done over the weekend. I wanted to do what Ashley did, listening to the albums in full, but I've just run out of time. It seems when I get really busy with uni, I just stop listening to music. I've barely played anything today!

You're just put off by 1976-08 U2, aren't you? BUT 2009 WILL BE THEIR YEAR, RIGHT! ... RIGHT?

Yeah, but you don't quite live on the Superthread. I bring your attention to this:

I think that :crack: deserves reiteration.

Oh, well I've been enjoying early-mid 80s U2 a lot lately, as per usual. :drool: Did you know that Boomerang II is my favourite song right now? Well, it's true. OH AND NLOTH IS GONNA ROCK THE FUCK OUT I HAD A DREAM ABOUT IT

Yeah, that is a tad disturbing, and the thought that you won't have Uni soon, either... :uhoh:

No, I have not. Will get it done over the weekend. I wanted to do what Ashley did, listening to the albums in full, but I've just run out of time. It seems when I get really busy with uni, I just stop listening to music. I've barely played anything today!

Yeah, I'm so bad at it. I've been relistening to things constantly (listening to XTC's Skylarking right now for instance, which I haven't done in a while) and figuring shit out. I've even checked out a few 'essentials' that I wouldn't normally listen to, which I have to say have been mostly underwhelming, although one or two might make the list.

Oh, well I've been enjoying early-mid 80s U2 a lot lately, as per usual. :drool: Did you know that Boomerang II is my favourite song right now? Well, it's true. OH AND NLOTH IS GONNA ROCK THE FUCK OUT I HAD A DREAM ABOUT IT

Yeah, that is a tad disturbing, and the thought that you won't have Uni soon, either... :uhoh:

Boomerang II, really? That's even more unusual than how songs like Wild Irish Rose, Treasure, Bass Trap, Luminous Times, and Spanish Eyes appear in my top 15 U2 songs! And did your dream include delicious slices of the moon for everyone?

Hah. I've noticed that the more active a thread, the lower my post count. I've come to the conclusion that I actually post slower than a number of you, and folks such as Vazza, Khan, Ian, and Ashley can easily outpost me, but I am consistently around, so any slow thread is going to end up with an inordinate amount of posts by me.

Yeah, I'm so bad at it. I've been relistening to things constantly (listening to XTC's Skylarking right now for instance, which I haven't done in a while) and figuring shit out. I've even checked out a few 'essentials' that I wouldn't normally listen to, which I have to say have been mostly underwhelming, although one or two might make the list.

I'm pretty much just going to take my old list, put in Swervedriver's Mezcal Head and Russian Circles' Station, and tweak the order a little.

'Essentials' to me seem to be a waste of time. If the only reason something comes to your attention is because of 20+ years' worth of critics saying you "should" own it - you probably shouldn't.

Boomerang II, really? That's even more unusual than how songs like Wild Irish Rose, Treasure, Bass Trap, Luminous Times, and Spanish Eyes appear in my top 15 U2 songs! And did your dream include delicious slices of the moon for everyone?

Hah. I've noticed that the more active a thread, the lower my post count. I've come to the conclusion that I actually post slower than a number of you, and folks such as Vazza, Khan, Ian, and Ashley can easily outpost me, but I am consistently around, so any slow thread is going to end up with an inordinate amount of posts by me.

Seriously! But I think it's the best (and I like all the songs you mentioned there, and probably two of them would go in my top 15, I'll let you guess which ones).

Yes, we all ate delicious moon for everyone! Bono said that tonight we're going to eat Venus, so we'll probably die. I'll tell you all about it! Also I probably heard a song but I won't tell you about that, I'll just make a thread about it instead.

I've noticed that, too. I think a few of us post considerably differently depending on who else is around, or what the subject is, you know, similar things. Anyway, at least we don't have that other person who would regularly get over 300 anymore.

Crap, I think all but like two albums in my list are from the 80s.

:laugh:

I'm worried about just how many albums from the last few years are in my list. But I really fucking like things such as PRR'S The Dark Third and Alcest's Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde. I don't feel I should penalise them for being recent. Rather, I'm just going to go by how I feel now. After all, most older albums on the list I probably hadn't heard before 2005 either. That's the year my interest in music really took off.

Also, I know you'll have a wise thing to say here - should I have a Beatles album in my list?

:lol:

Hellz no.

I'm pretty much just going to take my old list, put in Swervedriver's Mezcal Head and Russian Circles' Station, and tweak the order a little.

'Essentials' to me seem to be a waste of time. If the only reason something comes to your attention is because of 20+ years' worth of critics saying you "should" own it - you probably shouldn't.

Hah, I love how different your list is going to be compared to everyone elses.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think I'll have anything by a lot of major artists. Also, I find that I have to expect so much from some albums that I end up being completely and utterly disappointed. I don't think many people here would like to know exactly what I thought of Pink Moon, for instance. I've heard a lot of albums before and so many of them haven't even registered with me. So I don't care if people think I'm a tosser for having Pet Sounds and 49 shoegaze albums on my list. :angry:

Seriously! But I think it's the best (and I like all the songs you mentioned there, and probably two of them would go in my top 15, I'll let you guess which ones).

Yes, we all ate delicious moon for everyone! Bono said that tonight we're going to eat Venus, so we'll probably die. I'll tell you all about it! Also I probably heard a song but I won't tell you about that, I'll just make a thread about it instead.

I've noticed that, too. I think a few of us post considerably differently depending on who else is around, or what the subject is, you know, similar things. Anyway, at least we don't have that other person who would regularly get over 300 anymore.

It is a quality track, I'll give you that. I'm guessing Wild Irish Rose and Treasure from the two I mentioned.

Ooh, this is all so exciting! I can't wait for the n00 album! :hyper: But before you die from Venus, please tell me, IS MERCY ON THE NEW ALBUM?

Ha, yeah. I think the things for me is that this is really my only serious online haunt nowadays (number of reasons for that), I like pretty much everyone on the thread at the moment, and I'm enough of an Assver to have an opinion on everything, so if other people are around, there is little to dissuade me from posting. I hope for some more quick threads where Ashley and Khan and Co. beat me, so that I don't look like such a godawful postwhore.

It is a quality track, I'll give you that. I'm guessing Wild Irish Rose and Treasure from the two I mentioned.

Ooh, this is all so exciting! I can't wait for the n00 album! :hyper: But before you die from Venus, please tell me, IS MERCY ON THE NEW ALBUM?

Ha, yeah. I think the things for me is that this is really my only serious online haunt nowadays (number of reasons for that), I like pretty much everyone on the thread at the moment, and I'm enough of an Assver to have an opinion on everything, so if other people are around, there is little to dissuade me from posting. I hope for some more quick threads where Ashley and Khan and Co. beat me, so that I don't look like such a godawful postwhore.

I do like WIR a lot, but Spanish Eyes is the other one. :up:

No. Sorry!

Yeah, I've drifted away from other online communities I was a part of since I got big on here. I mean, like hell I have the time to go anywhere else anymore, really. Alright, there's another board I go to, but I've been a member for like five years and the community is tight like this, so I can't just leave for good. It's not that much of a forum now anyway, more like just a click clique. Also this is probably the largest forum I've been a regular poster on, which is kind of a good change.

Thank god you added that bit in brackets. The Willie Nelson version makes me want to stick pencils in my ear.

Then smoke them.
It's so cute the way you call them brackets. Here they're parenthesis of they're curved, ( and ) and brackets if they're angular [ these ] and < these >.

Also brackets are used to hold up shelves.

:laugh:

I wonder if we'll get that gayBEARdating ad?
We can only hope.

Hah, I love how different your list is going to be compared to everyone elses.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think I'll have anything by a lot of major artists. Also, I find that I have to expect so much from some albums that I end up being completely and utterly disappointed. I don't think many people here would like to know exactly what I thought of Pink Moon, for instance. I've heard a lot of albums before and so many of them haven't even registered with me. So I don't care if people think I'm a tosser for having Pet Sounds and 49 shoegaze albums on my list. :angry:

I must admit, I'm kind of tempted to lower the rankings on most metal albums - I want them to be included, but I want other albums with a slim potential of making the overall top 100 to get the valuable points they need to make it. Ah well, I won't think about it strategically and I'll submit a genuine list. Overthinking it will probably doom it anyway.

I really disliked Pink Moon at first, I was totally underwhelmed. You know why I returned to it? I once wanted to get something off my 10 recently played tracks on last.fm in 2005, so I noticed Pink Moon's runtime and whacked it on. Happened a couple of times (back then, it seemed I didn't want anything embarrassing on the 10 recent tracks or something :huh: ) and the album grew on me.

Also, I feel my list is rather lacking on the shoegaze ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom